Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 244
Members: 0
Total: 244
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Sad Day
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sad Day
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maneki wrote:
In the 11 years I've been playing Everquest, I've seen about as many people die and mysteriously come back, usually with vague excuses about how it was all a misunderstanding... So I have a personal policy of not believing it without some kind of proof. Do you have any links referring to the incident or her obituary?

So then... nothing?
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he is busy grieving and doesn't have time to waste proving it to someone who doesn't believe it. If that is what you want to think, you are entitled, but why express it here?

Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cerberous wrote:
Maybe he is busy grieving and doesn't have time to waste proving it to someone who doesn't believe it. If that is what you want to think, you are entitled, but why express it here?

She has been online every day and I asked a week ago. Why express it here? Because I'm sick of seeing people I like get depressed over something that is a lie, and I'm hoping some might take the time to think for themselves instead of blindly believing what they are told, and realize just how much about this does not add up.

IF it's true it's awful... I think it's sad when anyone dies in real life. But I don't believe a word of it without some kind of proof.
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay, free to reply! Now being my trusting self I went about disproving this in a very simple way, I emailed Russian reporters. Now some are going to argue they might just have not heard about it, people die every day all the time. To this I say true people die every day, but American tourists are always big news, and not a peep about this one anywhere anywhen. So, we have an ex Russian who moved to the US and integrated, got cancer, beat the cancer, went home to take care of her sick mother, went shopping while there and got stabbed. Also, she was pregnant.

Stop and think about this. Just let your mind wander over the implausible nature of this scenario then consider Dido's so called husband has been logging onto eq daily. Dido's husband, (and nephew) who incidentally has the same speech patterns as Dido herself, makes the same grammatical errors. Consider that his wife who beat cancer was viciously murdered in another country, and his response is to log into eq every day?

Now let us consider an alternate scenario, let us suppose somebody who desperately needs attention simply wants more. As Coolkat has shown, its easy to "die" then later miraculously come back, you garner a ton of sympathy and everybody welcomes you back with open arms. I don't, and I never will. I loathe people who pull this kind of completely and utterly despicable tactic, and when I get my proof back that it never happened I will post it. And note I say when not if, as I have no doubt whatsoever this was all a fraud to garner sympathy.
Didokova
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suegar and Maneki I lost my wife I have hardly logged on to EQ and log on to forums once in a while as for my Nephue I can not speak for him. He may wanted atention he is just a kid but I know his intentions ment well Knowing I had other things to worry about.
You have not Disproved anything she was a native of Russia not a tourist. so what she may have had some sayings and play stiles she got from me. If you had a wife who played they would have the some ideas and sayings they got from you. open your eyes. If I wanted atention I would have logged on all the time.
I don't have to prove anything to you!!!
Replying to a pig headed post my be a waste of my time.
There are lots of nasty things I woul like to say to you but I wont out of respect for her. Mad

PS. Skyling and 3 other guild members have the Log in info I have hardly been on if you have seen the toon logged in it most likely was not me
Last night was my first real night back in game. This post makes me not want to play but I wont let several people get in my way.
thank you to everyone elce who have posted your Sympathy I just ask if you see me in game not to send me tells about her it herts too much to talk about
Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huh, that's weird, when I read this post a little while ago, there was a poorly spelled hand-typed obituary for Natasha Viera Dido Leffer... Where did that go?

Anyway, play all you want, I personally think if you are not Dido, you should have to app for yourself, but my opinion doesn't matter. Don't worry about having to avoid me or Suegar, he has quit EQ and I am done with AH. This is going to be my last post, and I'd like to leave you all with a few links:

1.) http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6022

2.) http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6392

3.) (last but definitely not least) http://wiki.fandomwank.com/index.php/Pseuicide
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had not many dealings with Didokova, but the few that were and the times i seen her, like in ooc, trying to help ppl and the guild were commendable.
i hope she found herself a raidleader, which was the last thing i recall

so i felt struck too, by the loss of such player for the game, she was good and nice

(no matter what happens, show your respect, and get on, if things changes, then just play the game and value ppl by their actions)
(hope hits post is received as intended, with good intend)
Didokova
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I removed it the link was not working and as for your Rude posts I will just ignore them for now on I dont have a problem with you but you are becoming Rude and I think you are trying to sart troble if you dont have anything good to say just dont say it

as for you not going on AH raids I am sorry to here it i wish you luck in what ever you do we will miss you

PS 1/2 the tieme when Dido was still with us i was playing her toon i have been on Many AH raids on her toon so having to App again is not nessisary I have gone in her place many times so she would get DKP and such and she had used my toon on raids in my wars guild when I could not play
Bellamorte
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maneki wrote:

Anyway, play all you want, I personally think if you are not Dido, you should have to app for yourself, but my opinion doesn't matter.

This may not seem to nice to some ppl but this is my opinion.

So far, i have seen no evidence that dido is dead. give us a working link to an obitury, newspaper article, something at least.

Second.
Dido has not even been dead 2 weeks supposedly and her husband is already taking over her toon and saying he will be coming to the AH raids and taking over the guild. My issues is this,
Dido is NOT HIS MAIN TOON, if he wants to raid so bad he needs to work his own toon and do it that way not take over a toon that is well known and perceived to be deceased atm, It just doesnt add up that not even 2 weeks dead and her husband is already taking over the account, at least give it a month or so perhaps longer before you take over a dead toons account. To me this happening so soon after she "died" is disrepectful and i know im not the only one that feels this way i have talked to other ppl in game that feels it odd and disrepectful happening so soon. Some are wondering if she really is dead.

I AM NOT at all trying to be rude or mean, i am just stating my opinion.

Last edited by Bellamorte on Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Bellamorte
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to add something else.
2 years ago my husband's best friend, Nemesiswolf died in real life from a diabetic coma. At the time he was the number one druid on tribunal and still was for quite awhile after words, Out of respect to nemesis and his toon my husband and nemesis's brother REFUSED to play nem so that ppl could have time to grieve over his death and not wonder if he was actually dead. To this day they still refuse to play nemesiswolf out of respect.

just some food for thought.
Rydan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since some are offtopic anyways..
conform guild rules any new real person should app
that said, leaves the question about tier and dkp
as the tier and dkp is linked to the character, which is contributing to the guild, I'd say it stays on the character
and as this is a game, the rl issues have no impact on the gameplay, aside the thing that happen to everyone, like unexpected disconnection. aside from that are the personal actions of the player, which are judged on actions, filtered by the app status

at that point, making everybody a bit happy would be to strickt to guild rules, which would be to suspend dkp spendage for a reasonable app period for the new player of the character.
but I think a main can swap mains too, in which case there could be no app period, unless the ability of the player to play a new class is questionable.

so the point of any reason why a player is unable to play, has no impact on the game. in this case, where the toon has succesfully played by the new player, an app period seems moot as well (unless the many raids is no so many, which I have no idea)

summing this up, I'd say nothing changes, unless Dido's new player makes too many mistakes, which I'll leave to the (a new) class leader

I hope new Dido will have good times with AH and we have have with him
he'll have his good memories and we'll (still) have a good cleric
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
PS 1/2 the tieme when Dido was still with us i was playing her toon i have been on Many AH raids on her toon so having to App again is not nessisary I have gone in her place many times so she would get DKP and such and she had used my toon on raids in my wars guild when I could not play

Glad someone else brought this up before I had a chance to see it. The official stand point on this is that it is not allowed. Difficult to stop, absolutely. That doesn't change the fact that you were never vetted to play a cleric on our raids. Is it hard to get vetted to play a cleric? My response would be "Do you have a pulse?"... It's just that we like it when people are up front with us instead of acting like the rules don't matter. We make people go thru re-evaluation just to switch mains even..
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My main was on anoher server and i sold the account 2 months ago so this is my new main i am not swiching my main in this toons place i just cant aford to have 4 accounts now i sold one and i am giving another account to a buddy of mine so i will just have this account and my chanter that i dont play much i dont mind going though a re eval if need be. as for playing a cleric i am just as good at it as anyone elce who plays a cleric i have plenty of experance at it.

last raid i went on with AH was a tower raid and i did well i was in Elrics group so if you have any questions about my ablitys ask him

if i have to app again

once again i have played her toon on ah raids plenty of times

ps i wont be realy active right off i will be playing 2 or 3 times a week for several months I am all alone now and need some kind of social outlet so i dont go nuts
Skyling
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Sad Day Reply with quote

Hello all. This is Skyling! I want to know if I decide I want to play Didokova's toon and come along in a raid if anyone has a Problem with that? I am a member of AH raids and I know how to play a Cleric. Anyone that has been in a group with me on AH Raid knows I can heal and I can play my toon very well. I have a cleric of my own that is LvL 70 and I have logged on Dido's Cleric before and went on group missions with guildies. I have been logging her in sence she died mostly to answer tells and buff people. But I also log her on because I get to missing her so much. She bought her and me a house after the HoT expantion came out and I have been to it and put some stuff on the walls but the owner has to place most of the stuff so I will be on her to do that for our house. I may miss her but the house will help deal with her being gone...is the only thing she left to me so I will keep it up and looking Beautyful for her. So anyone seeing her logged in just send a tell it will most likely be me on her. All the bad post's has made her real husband not want to play anymore for fear people will think Dido is not gone and that he was lying. I have been on the phone with him sence it happened and the guy is so tornup, he has even gone back to smoking and I can't blame him with all this going on in his life and then to see people on EQ do not believe him. Well I do believe him I don't need to see it on paper or view the recording of it as it happened. I wish to remember her as I knew her on here. I feel he has a right to go on AH Raids on her toon sence he does know how to play the toon...and it is the toon that has to meet the AH requirements to get to be a member...I mean look at it this way i met all ah requirements and got in as a member and if no one was to say who was on my toon and logged it on and did LFG in ah they would get an invite to go and if that person knows how to play a druid then no one would know it was not me yet everything would be just fine...so yeah I feel he should get to play her toon as it is now a member of AH. Also I feel he should be given a chance to show if he can play the toon and have no ill effects to the raid...if a prob does happen then place that toon as an App and let him move back to a member...and if he still can not prove hisself then he should be dropped from AH, but for now let him and me play the toon and go on raids give him a chance to show he can play the toon and do well on raids.
Bellamorte
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He needs to thru an app period imo just like everybody else that apps or main changes.
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with this entire scenario laid out to date is quite simply the lack of any coverage or mention of it whatsoever in the news, or newspapers, or (and this is most disturbing to me) the obit Dido posted and took down that was obviously not even spell checked. I went to the trouble to look up every newspaper in Northampton and I checked through them by eye, page by page. There was no obituary even coming close to matching this scenario.

Next, there is no mention in Russian newspapers of this event either. None,not anything even close. So apparently Russian newspapers don't consider it newsworthy either when a pregnant woman is murdered. Now we are onto the grief part of the whole thing, and respect.

I would never consider even for one millisecond logging on the character of my recently killed wife/girlfriend. I would not allow anybody else to log her on either. Maybe eventually I might, but its been roughly 5 years since I lost the person closest to me in the world and I still can`t even think of her without tearing up. I can`t imagine for the life of me how much it would hurt to log her on, to do anything with her character in eq. To get tells intended for her.

People grieve differently, but I have never talked to a person who would honestly think in any way shape or form logging in the character of a recently killed person for anything would be good, or wise, or anything but cruel to the people who really cared for him or her.
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Next, there is no mention in Russian newspapers of this event either. None,not anything even close. So apparently Russian newspapers don't consider it newsworthy either when a pregnant woman is murdered.

Actually, on this one note I have something to add. I work with a significant number of russian nationals and spoke with a couple of them about this event. My co-worker Dimitri flat out told me that he doubted this sort of thing would hit the paper due to the level of crime over in russia right now. He said even if it were a pregnant american murdered while on vacation it would only have a small chance of being newsworthy.

To Didokova's friends and family:
I am not going to choose sides in this discussion because of the sensitive nature of the subject and my desire to do no harm. However, I know that I too get a warm fuzzy feeling when I can see something more than just hearsay on such a serious topic. I think that is natural for human beings to want confirmation on anything serious.

For example, on my way to work this morning on the radio. The DJ's hired a private detective to follow a woman's husband around at her request. This lady gave the PI a full description including photos of her husband. Yet upon hearing from the DJ's that her husband was fooling around on her, but not with another woman, she repeatedly asked for confirmation and kept uttering total disbelief. Wanting them to hold up the show to confirm the facts before they called her husband to confront him about being gay. Knowing that she gave photos, address, car license # and everything else identifiable about her husband, she still needed that confirmation...

So while it may seem offensive that someone would question a word of mouth story about something so tragic, I would take it with a grain of salt and try to understand the reason behind it. Some people are just more cynical than others and that's not necessarily a bad thing. My father always would drill into my brain: "Believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see".

I will leave you all with another much more famous quote, I think it is somewhat fitting..

Quote:
"Question with boldness even the existence of God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear." --Thomas Jefferson

After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss her, I realized I never knew her RL name, that made me sad. I understand it's hard, probably silly, but you could send me a link or a copy of her obituary, it would give me some closure. I won't share it with any one in EQ, that is you right. Common since tells me you wouldn't of made it up, if you'd been on Ah raids before with her toon, you could've just kept doing that. We'd never knew it wasn't her. If by some cruel since of a joke, let me know.

Rascalsweet@hotmail.com

Didokova
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obituary as it was writen word for word

Natasha Veira Dido Leffer Monday Oct 18, 2010
Northampton – Natasha Veira Dido Leffler, 36, beloved wife,local helth provider. passed away on Monday, Oct. 18, 2010, at transit station in Kharbasrusk Russia after an attempted robbery. Born December 29,1973... read entire article--->

Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didokova wrote:
obituary as it was writen word for word

Natasha Veira Dido Leffer Monday Oct 18, 2010
Northampton – Natasha Veira Dido Leffler, 36, beloved wife,local helth provider. passed away on Monday, Oct. 18, 2010, at transit station in Kharbasrusk Russia after an attempted robbery. Born December 29,1973... read entire article--->

All I'm going to say is if my obituary has that many punctuation, grammatical and spelling (not even the name is right?) errors, I WILL be haunting whoever is responsible.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: