Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 190
Members: 0
Total: 190
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Leaving EQ for WoW
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leaving EQ for WoW
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HaiewGuise
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly, Volsykat; this whole exodus thing needs to stop and turn right back around. Wink

Ciao.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2004 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see those leaving go, but I hope you have fun in WoW. You might see me messing around there some as a second game when I don't have enough time for EQ.

Oh yeah and I'm gonna delete ya from the epic list..hope noone is offended Razz
Gravidon
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys, as Bonny said, most of us are leaving EQ for WoW. For info on our whereabouts, http://ascension.ogdom.com will let you know what we are up to. We will most likely stay on the central servers as well. Hopefully we'll wind up on same server as Sun Clan so we'll both have added support. So far I would say there are about 20 of us starting in WoW. Any of you are welcome to send me a whisper in game or a pm on the board... this one or at ogdom.com either way, keep in touch. Smile

Grav
Sneax
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, Im happy to hear you want to stick with sun Smile We will have a decision on our server shortly after release, we are just trying to see which are gonna hvae the worse load and try to avoid that Smile We will be on a central server, so just keep an eye on that list when it's released. We'll keep you guys posted.

Sneax

P.S. I'll be Howdy in WoW, don't bother looking for a Sneax Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Mmipp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fast but important question for those going to WoW,especially where guild presence will be established: Alliance or Horde? Current Mystic Crusaders plan is Alliance.

Mmipp
Naughty Kitty
Volsykat
Newb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2004 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun is going Alliance, with a possible Horde spinoff later on.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not leaving EQ for it but I will be playing WoW. My brother irl tried it and he really liked it. Since the internet it one of our main means of communication we will be playing it together some. Not that I am switching full time, as he has very limited play time (which is why the game is so good for him I suppose).

However, we have decided to play on the roleplay server so I am not sure if you will see me or not. Hopefully WoW will support cross-server tells.
Azarazoe
DT Queen
DT Queen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im with you on that Muadd lol the other games have appeal but in the long run EQ is the only one that keeps ya coming back for more.
Guess the name says it all EVERquest lol Smile
Trackwell
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Muadd and Aza, but...nope .

I for one am not crawling back, and Im putting money down that 90% of those leaving to WoW/EQ2 would say the same (well, i dunno about the EQ2'ers, but WoW definetly). Personally I came to loathe EQ simply because it was the only "good" MMO out there, and that basically sony could treat us however bad they wanted, and dont even get me started on some of the gameplay mechanics (L2 was okish...but the farming made the game really stink, and FF11...I cant kill rats for 60 lvls sorry) advancement was the reason i continued to play it, as well as my friends in the game (and this after time even got trivial...potime is like a freaking newbie zone now and time invested is not worth seeing broken encounters, shotty graphics, and horribly designed classes/spells). Im happy to say I will not be looking back Very Happy

edit: sorry this post came off a little bit harsh and turned into a rant, didnt mean for it to be that. What I did mean to say is: This is different then any other DAoC/CoH/FF11 release....these 2 titiles are being hyped, reported on, and anticipated more than ANY other MMO ever. Just for the open beta Blizzard had 500,000+ requests to try the game (yes this is open beta and therefore free, and does not show actual people interested, but it gves a generalization as to scale) and a gaming site is reporting that theres already 300,000+ charecters created in EQ2 (about 100k accounts im guessing so far). Im sure Everquest will keep going, but this isnt just something to dissmiss so easily, it will make a rather large difference in EQ.
Bonny
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have played EQ since right after beta release 5 years ago.....!! Never once have i ever left EQ to play any other game in 5 years....But i had seen plenty leave for many other games and always come back to EQ.....I was the one always in EQ giggling when those that left came back.....So this is a big thing for me hehe cause Wow is the first game that has ever pulled me away in 5 years.... There were 3 things people could count on Taxes, Death and Bonny playing EQ. hehe So that must tell you something about Wow......I will still keep my EQ account and probably pop on now and again...Since its payed up till Feb!!
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay have to stick my nose in on this one.

Firstly there are several viable mmorpgs out there. Seriously. DAoC, CoH, FF11 are the three that come to mind. I know people that play all three of those actively and with ferver, though after trying them I am not quite sure how. You are not even going to tell me that those games weren't hyped up. Sheesh I still remember the clamor when Tweety went over to DAoC, and how it was supposed to be the "EQ killer". I seem to remember FF11 getting one heck of a bunch of attention on media sites and even saw a news thing on it once. I know Blizzard has a ton of fans but so does the Final Fantasy series. That these games are "being hyped, reported on, and anticipated more than ANY other MMO ever" is your personal opinion. Certainly they have been higly anticipated but the most anticipated I would debate you over, as I think FF would win hands down as most hyped. Shame it sucked donkey balls.

I'm not saying that WoW and EQ2 aren't good games, and I am not saying that people who play them will be returning to EQ. For one thing the game is just really old. Most of the things people want to do in EQ have been done. The graphics are old and the game is getting tired. If it were a pnp game it would be time to retire the characters and start a new campaign. I am sure they both will make an impression on EQ. Eventually I look for servers to merge and close (3 years is my guess until it goes offline). However, I am also sure that some will be unsatisfied with WoW and EQ and will return to what they are familiar with. I think if you believe anything else you are kidding yourself.
Aelron
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just adding my 2 copper..

I also am planning to leave EQ for EQ2. I have already started a toon there on the Mistmoore server along with a bunch of the old Enchanted Circle members. I highly doubt I will return back to the original EQ.

I may pop on from time to time to see who's on and say hello but for the most part EQ is done for me. I've been playing since the servers went live and it's time to move on.

As far as people leaving and coming back I agree that in the past that seemed to happen all the time. But now, with the next generation MMORPG's out there, there isn't much in EQ that will pull people back anymore. Content was the primary issue with the previous attempts to unseat EQ as the dominant MMPORG and these new additions have more than enough content to keep players attention. Actually content and in-game friendships are the staying power of EQ and both are dwindling with the 2 new additions to the MMPORG family. My friends list was down to maybe 3 people that are still online at any given time.

Other than my hunts/adventures with AH I had pretty much no desire to play EQ in the last few weeks. And as of now I don't have any plans to log in anytime in the near/far future.

Good luck to all of you that are staying with EQ. You were all great to adventure with.

Later!
DT Queen
DT Queen

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One correction...when I say people returning to EQ I mean to either EQ OR EQ2 because I have faith that the creators of these games have what it takes in the long run to keep people happy and challenged. Track I love u hon but you also played all that time on EQ and if you didnt enjoy it you wouldnt have been onit. Simple as that.
Buphie
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played EQ for 3 years. I was on this server for 2 of them. I played for the people. I made a lot of friends here, so many of whom found their way to AH... It was incredibly hard for me to say good-bye yesterday. I was surprised at how hard it was to let go, it made me tear up a bit. I'll miss chatting with so many of you and I will really miss the afterhours channel; I laughed so hard so often at the things that were said there... But I won't miss EQ. I won't say that I never will be back, but I will say it's not likely.

I won't miss the lag, zone loading times, killing frickin rats and spiders, spells that are nigh impossible to obtain, having to camp for mobs for quests because they only spawn once a week, wiping due to poor encounter design, nearly non-existant customer service, expansions that are just more of the same old content just with different names, flagging... As much as I really do love some of the people I am leaving behind, that just won't make up for the things I won't miss about EQ.

I tried my best to make a good name for myself, even if that name was, "Silly shaman that gets lost and dies everywhere and won't take donations for buffs." I hope that I will be remembered fondly. I'll be lurking around the general forums here to keep tabs on you guys, so don't go thinking you're completely free of me. Twisted Evil

If you want to send e-mail, you are more than welcome to do so at shadowdrake@gmail.com.

May your adventures be many, your loot be bountiful and your joys everlasting.
Dina AKA

You can see even more of me here...
Meowzah
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Know I haven't been around much, mostly due to finals and projects (go Trimester college systems!), and what other time spent planning for my vacation over the break (which I'm currently now on), but I figured I'd throw in a final 2cp here.

I too will be leaving EQ for WoW. Been following this Blizzard game for probably 3+ years in development now and it's never failed to stun or astonish me with each step. I'll be joining my fellow Mystic Crusaders on whatever server we decide to make our permanent home, that is, once I get home from vacation Very Happy

To all of you who made EQ that much better by opening up a whole slew of gameplay that would not have been possible to see or access otherwise, and to those who were close friends and made the game that much better, I thank you.

To those going over to WoW as well, maybe I'll see you one day, but as my EQ account expires on 12/03, and the software is completely uninstalled at this point, I don't see myself logging back into EQ in the foreseeable future.

Hope you're all happy with wherever the game of your choice leads you. That's all that matters.

Carpe muris.
Slyst
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Been offline a bit Reply with quote

Well I got dragged into work stuff and have been offline for about four weeks. Thing is I am not missing the game. That means it may be time to move on to something else. Gonna leave the characters active until I decide where. Been a blast, thxs.

Slyst Swiftfang
Falshion
Cerebos
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I will miss all of you that are leaving me (and AH Razz)...I hope that you stay in touch. Thinking about creating other game forums on this website ...but haven't talked to Nayl/Baxter about that. I would like to hear from you all regardless of the game choice you made. You are all like my family and made this game fun for me. I am sticking with EQ for multiple reasons but one of the main ones are the people remaining. I had a long talk with a good friend about my choices and I feel that for right now ....I can't walk away from EQ. Too many things left undone and too many friendships still there Smile

May your successes be hard won and worthy of pride! /cheers to Friendships new and old Smile

Good luck to those that are departing EQ.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Kaeliana
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*gives Kor a great big hug and tells her that no one will forget her or anyone else from AH*

I just wanted to say that I liked your idea, Kor, of adding another forum for other games. Even without it, though, I'm sure most of us will still be checking these boards so we can say hi and keep in touch. So many people here had such a profound effect on me that I could never walk away permanently. I can walk away from the game, but not the people. *hugs to all*

To everyone moving on - Enjoy whichever path you choose! And to those on WoW, I hope to see you around on Garona with Sun and others. Smile

Once and Always Kaeliana
Once and Always a Cleric/Priest.. I think I'm a glutton for punishment Wink
Buphie
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the server chaos of yesterday (that's still ongoing from what I've read on the WOW forums) I am not sure where MC is going to land. When I tried to log into Garona yesterday the queue was past 300... In the meantime, Blitz and I made characters on a Pacific server. Once the server bruhaha settles a bit, we'll make a decision.

You can see even more of me here...
HaiewGuise
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I don't think all of those that changed games will come back to EQ, I know some will. I still believe that the vast majority of problems people have with EverQuest are due almost solely to mud-flation. Granted, I have not spent much time researching the other games, but I honestly believe that given time, they will encounter most of the same problems, along with completely new ones. Every new MMORPG fancies itself as different than the failed games, and many of them look great initially, they just don't hold up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: