Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 239
Members: 0
Total: 239
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Runes and other loot
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Runes and other loot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 1:59 pm    Post subject: Runes and other loot Reply with quote

Howdy,

Since the Sharpshooters debacle I wanted to go ahead and post/repost some loot stuff.

In a nutshell, we use a dkp system with points awarded for every encounter. As we become more capable of handling that specific encounter, the amount of dkp awarded is dropped. Then, depending on how many points you have, you are placed in a tier. Higher tiers win over lower tiers, and tied tiers roll on items.

Runes are handled like other loot, and 69 runes are a 1 point item due to how common they are off of very easy raid mobs. I didn't realize people had such a need for them, so we will be hitting more rune droppers. The only difference is that normally we don't give the same person both runes off of one mob (all the raid mobs seem to drop two). I will talk with Korinne and see if she wants to continue this policy. My sense of "liking to let others get loot" says yes but my sense of "lets stay with the loot code and be fair" says no.

If you are interested in two items please keep this in mind. Winning one item might drop you in tier so you are ineligable for the second item. Perhaps that is a bit confusing, so let me give a fast example. We kill Menlo and he drops the leather booties and two greater muramite runes. I am interested in the boots (going for 5 pts) and send a tell with my tier, tier 5. I am also interested in a rune (going for 1 point) and send a tell for that as well. I happen to win the boots, but the raid leader looks at my tier and realizes that a 5 point reduction will drop me to tier 4. My competition are two other tier 5 players, but because of that reduction I am now out of the running and the other players get the runes.

Now last night things got very confused. I'm going to flat out apologize for it. I happened to miss a tell from someone in all that, and failed to explain properly to someone else. My main goal was to get the loot done before the corpse expired, and escape before anyone else died, but that is no excuse on my part. Since I can't change the past I can only promise to do better in the future.

Ornate we've decided to handle a little differently. Tunics work the same as always. However, if another piece that we have sitting in the raid bank would upgrade your raiding character (not an alt), send me a tell in game and most likely it will be made available to you. This is not to disparage ornate wearers (I have a piece myself) but the gear is not good enough to really charge that much for, and it is very common in srt.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to highlight an important part of the loot code. Please make yourselves familiar with it.

6. In the event that no claims are made at the initial value, the item's cost will be lowered and certain Tiers will be allowed to roll on the item depending on what the items current value is.

A) If a 5-point item drops to 3 points, only Tier 2+ will be allowed to roll on the item at a cost of 3 points. Mains can roll to win an item for their currently present boxed Alts. No App / Guest can roll yet.
B) If a 5-point item drops to 1 point, all Tier1+ will be allowed to roll on the item at a cost of 1 point. Mains can roll to win an item for their currently present boxed Alts. No App / Guest can roll yet.
C) If a 3-point item drops to 1 point, all Tier1+ will be allowed to roll on the item at a cost of 1 point. Mains can roll to win an item for their currently present boxed Alts. No App / Guest can roll yet.
D) If any item drops to 0 points, ONLY App and Guest will be allowed to roll on item at a cost of 0 points. No Full Members can roll.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the loot code. Seems a bit confusing the first time you read through it but in practice its pretty simple and is the most fair system I've run across yet. Everyone gets a shot at items. Those that raid and contribute the most get the most. However, anyone that just likes to raid maybe 2-3 times a month knows they will still get loot since thier points are always accumulating.

I wasn't upset last night but I did get a bit miffed when I was outside mezzing the adds and helping to kill the last named we pulled when I saw a message fly across my screen "closing in 10.." Heck I didn't even know we were bidding yet and it was already to late. Didn't know what offered up or who to send the /tell to for which items. I ended up just passing on everything. No big deal. The last 6 months of raids have been very good to me. Just bear in mind that its easy to miss a "send me a /tell for this uberloot with your tier" message when battles are still going on and folks are being ressed.

For somthing like RZ we need to get the loot done and get the heck out quick. But it didn't feel that way last night. Personally I think we stomped the Kyv's last night. Once we banned the pets that were screwing us up everything went quick and smooth. Even with a few adds on the final named Kyv we just slaughtered em all. Heck we even pulled that surprise named that popped behind us with no preperation. He pulled em with some adds and we just knocked'm all down. It was a slaughter.

I don't fear mobs when I'm on an AH raid. They should fear us.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, things always seem rushed to me.

Last night I was fielding tells from 4 asking our next target, helping someone with the bst epic 1.5, talking with Kor since she had to leave, dealing with a guest issue, looking up mob strats for potential next fights, etc.

Anyways, like I said the best I can do is apologize for it now and make sure it doesn't happen in the future. So, I'm sorry Sad

Kor and I went ahead and discussed stuff earlier today. Unless there is some huge outcry we're gonna stick to one rune per target per person. That way everyone gets a chance.
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear Shieara. I'm one of those folks that desperately wants two more greater runes and even I agree its better to share the wealth and let each person loot just one rune per target. Easier to deal with and feels more fair for everyone. Smile

I certianly feel for you and all the /tells and such you get as raid leader. I know it used to drive Baxter nuts.
Kenshiro
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that the limits on runes is good for the group as a whole. It will keep a wider variety of people coming, particularly since we need consistent attendence to build our reputation on BB.

Now I just need to make 69 so I can bid for them... Laughing

Ken
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The loot code should have had (we all agreed when it was written) 1 item per raid night. Because runes are a different breed of loot, it is going to be 1 item per mob, 1 rune and 1 item per night. What that means is.......unless the stuff is going to rot, if you have looted already for the night.....you may not loot again. Share the wealth and everyone be happy Smile

If you have questions about the loot code or this post please PM Shieara or myself. Thanks.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me draw your attention to this part of the loot code as well...

A) If you do not include your tier in a loot /tell, your claim will be ignored.

It's really irritating when I have to send five people tells asking for their tier. I hate to just totally ignore you, because I don't want to be an ass, but please it really makes things difficult if I have to go look it up.

Edit: I probably should have discussed 61-65 spells up above. There are two ways to get parchments. First, contact either me or Kor (preferably both) and let us know that you are missing them. That way we know to turn in parchments for your particular class. If we get a spell you need, grats it's yours free of charge. Otherwise we just turn them in for whichever class catches our fancy that night, and the resulting spells are put on Ahbank (Afterhours trader) for immediate sale in the bazaar. If you should happen to see a spell on her that you need while you are browsing the bazaar, feel free to go ahead and buy it and contact one of us. Your money will be refunded.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: