Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 111
Members: 0
Total: 111
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Post your most Memorable Moment here :)
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Post your most Memorable Moment here :)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edgez
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:19 pm    Post subject: Post your most Memorable Moment here :) Reply with quote

Hail Afterhours!

I'm back! Again... No really for real this time! Laughing

Anyways I thought I would start up an interesting post about your most memorable moment(s) while playing Everquest. Can be anything that makes you happy, makes you proud, or makes you jump up off your chair yelling Woot!

I'll start...

Gliding through the shadows I spot him, standing straight and proud. He thought he had lost us, thought that we were not aware of his tricks. A mistake on his part that would cost him more than he thought he could ever lose. I signal to my comrades that it was time to begin, notch an arrow and let fly. With the reflexes only a god could possess he slapped the arrow mere moments before it struck. His eyes began to gleam but no more than his axe as it burst into flames. The ensued thunder was not of my own heart in my ears but of his thunderous charge, waving his axe with uncanny grace.

He underestimated this rogue and of his companions.

As my hands begin to move with uncanny grace and my feet move as if guided by the gods themselves I reply to that charge. Never hit, and never slowing, I left my mark on his unblemished armor. I could see the stunned disbelief within those glowing orbs, as a slight smile appears on my lips.

“Now!”

As if born of the shadows themselves I vanished from his sight. I could barely contain a laugh as I saw him standing there staring at a blank wall where only moments before I stood.

Another arrow hit the air, this one he could not dodge, this one he could not foresee. This is the night Rallos Zek fell.

That was one of my most memorable moments, share yours and show eachother why you love this game.
Edgez
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I know there are stories out there.

(ps it doesnt need to be written like mine either) Surprised
Medikraven
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'll go....

One day.....way back when, Herky and I were in WK killing willow wisps, scarecrows and whatever else we could find. Of course being young and stupid we saw what we thought was a red con named willow wisp. So we proceeded to attack this Wandering Spirit. Now I was on my original toon, a Pally and Herky were I think in their low 20's during this.

Well, this named willow wisp proceeded to clean our clocks and during our corpse run....yes, this was back in the day when you literally had to run your toon naked back to where you hoped you had died at. Herky proceeded to tell the guild what happened and asked if anyone know what the Wandering Spirit was and what dot's would be most effective on it. A much older and wiser Shaman, Fredrik asked Herky what on earth did we think we were doing as good faction with the Wandering Spirits was extremely important for the Shaman epic.

Needless to say we just looked at each other and said "OOPS!!!" We promptly got dressed and made darn sure the next time we got the bright idea to go farm Greater Lightstones, it really and truely was a Willow Wisp we were attacking.

Medikraven Niteblade
69th Season Cleric of Bristlebane
Loving Wife to Vaimpir
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this was back when I played Quana (my ranger).

One thing I remember is that my friend had told me that I should go to South(?) Karana and kill aviaks at the tree. At that time you had to bind in Arena off of Lake Rathe if you were melee. I was petrified swimming through the water. Not only was there supposed to be a monster in there (I imagined it to be kind of like loch ness monster or a giant octopus), but also there were goblins on track...lots of them! And it said aqua goblins so they had to be underwater, maybe waiting to swim up and eat me! But of course they didn't eat me and the monster never appeared, so I safely bound in Arena and started killing aviaks at the tree.

Another thing while I was hunting aviaks, I leveled and needed to train. This involved a long run back to Kelethin, and since this was back in the day there were no PoK books or gate potions. So that next day I give myself a couple hours to make this run, knowing that it was gonna take quite awhile (in those days it was rare to have sow until 30+). And of course, when I get there an hour later I make the most idiotic mistake ever. Instead of typing /say I type say...which brought up autoattack. Instant tl to bind. So I got the joy of running all the way back from Arena stark naked without sow or buffs of any kind, except for skin like stone or whatever I had at that point. Of course I got no rezz, since hardly anyone had the spell back then. At least I knew where my corpse was...hehe that wasn't always the case.

I have lost my corpse so many times. Let's see....back when I was level 4 a friend and I were killing aviak hatchlings in Butcherblock. I would track them and he would help kill (he was a paladin). Well, he logged off but I decided to continue on my own. I was exploring and found something really cool...it was this giant chessboard! I started down the hill to see it more closely when something started casting spells on me! It was the queen or king, I forget which but it killed me in like two seconds. Well, we had no maps back then and I had no idea where my corpse was. I remembered my higher level friend (30 necro so he was leet back then) had told me that if I ever lost my corpse to find a necro, bard or shadow knight and they would be able to help me. I did a /who necro and found one, and asked them if they could help me. They were really nice, they told me how to somewhere near the chessboard and they drug my corpse to the safe place.

So anyways a few memories from the Shi...I have tons more but those came to mind for some reason.
Sareen
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the spirit of the "good ol' days," I dredge up this tale of a young druid of a newly fourtenth season. Now, for those of you non-druid types, fourteen was a very important level. That's when we got sow.

So, I'm bound in gfay (as I said, this is back in the day, so no luclin portals or anything else) and I'm gonna go run to blackburrow (or something like that.. can't remember my destination) with my brand new sow. I'm thinking I'm top dog. I can out run *anything*. So I'm truckin along and finally get over to Kith forest (this was a couple months after it turned evil). I'm thinking, "no big deal, i've got sow now, nothing can touch me!" So I take off across Kith... at night...

Needless to say, something *did* catch me, and quickly made mince meat out of me. **Your are now level 13** .... and you don't have sow anymore... and you're naked... and you're half a world away...

*sigh*
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I remember that Sareen.

I think I remember best a trip to Dreadlands with Zhirek when I was in my low 20s. We were running across the Dreadlands to get to FM, and I lost invis and died at the spiders and he was trying to save me so he died too. So I ported back (only had a self port then) and he gave me consent to find his corpse and drag it to KC. Well, no maps and no corpse track.....so I run around in circles aggroing everything in sight (they saw invis Sad). I finally see his corpse and mine....I loot mine completely ...grab his and start running ....in the WRONG direction.....so I die again and he says ..where is my corpse ? /shrug I don't know ...right on top of my I would assume. Needless to say, he logged on Hotharn, got a port and ran and got both of the corpses and never let me live it down.

Also, the very first raid I ever led by myself with AH was the Veg Ring. Turns out that we did the entire ring.....and no named pops! /blush how embarrassing.

And don't forget Shieara...the many times Quana and I ran all the way to ToV to see of NToV or the HoT was available. We would literally run there an hour ahead of the raid time to scout and squat the camp if it was available ...only to many times have people show up 45 mins to an hour late ...if at all.

Last but never least....

My FONDEST memory is of Quana. I had just got my lvl 63 charm spell. Zhirek and Zerthakin had logged and I wanted to practice. She pulled and snared for me and used her arrows to do dmg while I kept the frog alive. Inevitably charm would break and we would die. I think between us we had 16 corpses. I can't remember if a cleric came to rez us or I logged on Zhirek to rez us after we were done. She never complained or got mad...she just made suggestions like ....let's try to recharm earlier or how about this. It was funny seeing her naked all the time tho Smile Wink

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: