Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 240
Members: 0
Total: 240
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Random mumblings
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Random mumblings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Random mumblings Reply with quote

Heyas, long time no see.

I have been playing Everquest since December of 1999. It's only been around five years but it certainly seems longer. It seems like the game has ingrained itself so much into my life that it is difficult to contemplate trying to live without it. It's amazing how the game seems to get into your blood. My first character was a wood elf ranger that I got to level 65. The Shieara that you all know came after I realized that I liked to hit stuff as opposed to shooting it from afar.

Currently as I am sure you are aware I have been taking a forced vacation from the game. Real life, and especially school, has been hitting me really hard. I also am faced with the realization that I am at a plateau in the game. I have reached just about all there is for me to achieve. I am not one of those people who will ever make it to Time or the end of OoW. I don't have the energy or the free time to devote to that. My character can gain more aa's but most of the "neat" aa I already have. So it is rather difficult to make myself log in just to grind out my meager experience in the hopes that I might be able to dodge 1% more hits. The magic just isn't there.

So where am I going with this? I'm not really sure. Something inside of me tells me that it is perhaps time to move on. Not so much to a new online game (though when Vanguard comes out I probably will give it a shot), but going back to my roots with console games and LAN action. I don't want to leave my friends behind, but yet again many of you have scattered to the four winds with the advent of EQ2 and WoW.

I have decided to take a long break. Both my accounts will remain active, but I need some time to think an prioritize things. I definatly will be gone until the middle of January when the new semester starts. Hopefully by that time I will have a better idea of where I am going with gaming and what I want to do. For those who I haven't seen for awhile, or may not have the chance to see again I want to give you my best wishes. We might not have always agreed on everything but I would like to think you will remember me fondly. I hope everyone has a happy holidays and enjoys their time with family.

Sincerely,
Shieara
Minihalem
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/hugs Shieara...i miss you already but breaks are good..hope to see you on the boards every now and then.../dance =)
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I will keep in touch regardless of the gaming avenue you choose Smile Take care and enjoy your time with your family. My kids will be here soon so I will too be taking a bit of time from EQ as well. Keep in touch via the boards if nothing else for you are a friend to many of us and one we will miss dearly.

Remember the phone works both ways Razz

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Lusika
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have done much for AH, Shie, I hope that everyone knows what a gem you are.
/big hug
Striding
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Shieara for everything you've done for AH & Happy Holidays to you as well.

Brother Striding Cloud

Prophet Hiyakux Keroppi
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: