Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 356
Members: 0
Total: 356
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Pet Raiding Rules
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pet Raiding Rules

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 12:09 pm    Post subject: Pet Raiding Rules Reply with quote

I am not exactly sure but somehow our pet raid rules and the following discussion ended up in the library. I'm going to go ahead and repost part of it here. If you want to see me get really irritated with Bax feel free to read the whole post in the library.

Dbyx wrote:
Ok, I know this is very delayed, but I wanted to go ahead and follow through with it.

We had a discussion a couple weeks ago about the different intricacies of using pets, especially in a raid environment.

Atm, I have compiled this list of guidelines:
A) Have the MT call out ATTACK commands on all mobs, even trash mobs.

B) Ensure that all pet owners have access to the /pet hold command. In addition, setup a "Pet Hold" hokey that reads:
Line 1: /pet hold
Line 2: /pet back off

If you don't have pet hold, you don't get to use a pet during the raid - no arguments.

C) After each mob dies, all pet owners should hit their "Pet Hold" hotkey to make sure that their pet doesn't attack an unintended target after the current one dies.

D) As often as possible, get the tanks to corner all the mobs to completely eliminate the issues of push.

If this is not possible, we will either call for no pets if their dps is not needed or setup balanced compass points to try and balance push from all directions if their dps is needed.

E) On some mobs, for various reasons, pets are not allowed to attack them.

If your pet is attacking the mob in error, you will receive one warning to put a leash on your pet through whatever method is most convenient at the time.

On the second occassion that your pet is found to be attacking the mob in error, the RL reserves the right to call for the pet to be killed immediately - no arguments. If the pet owner can be identified, the RL also reserves the right to disallow that person from using their pet on the rest of the raid. There is no reason that one careless pet owner should be the cause of disallowing all pets on that raid.

F) Only Necromancer, Magician, Beastlord, and Enchanter charmed pets will be allowed during a raid. Sorry, but the other pets are not worth the added grief.

Enchanters should not charm a pet w/o express permission from either the Head Enchanter or the RL.

Ok, thats all I gathered from the discussion that was held. If you see anything that I should add / remove / edit, please feel free to post it up. As soon as I get a chance, I will write up a final draft that will be posted up somewhere permanent.

Thanks again to all those that contributed to the discussion about pets.

Dbyx

Going to add an couple things here. First, as a pet user myself I never want to call for all pets to be killed. Exceptions being that one Carprin boss where deaths = more adds. However if it comes to the point where pets are causing more grief then they are doing good at that point we will be calling for their suspension/death.

Also in some raids we may require that you have the /pet focus command to use your pet. This will be rare, but I encourage every pet class to get it. I really like it a lot on raids and exp groups.
Azarazoe
DT Queen
DT Queen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On subject of the pet focus command I just want to say that it can save the hassle of death for a caster and in end save downtime. For example if u get aggro from an add u can call pet to attack mob on you till it is either mezzzed or a tank gets on it. Has saved me a number of times since I got it. Well worth the points spent.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: