Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 134
Members: 0
Total: 134
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - My rant
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

My rant

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vudukitty
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:30 am    Post subject: My rant Reply with quote

Taking the idea from a chanters rant posted before, I thought I would list a few items myself.

While most people know me to be fairly low key about the whole game thing I get slightly annoyed about a few things. First thing is the fact I am not a BL. tells to me for SA make me smile for the first 30 tells or so. after that I politely say bugger off fool. Second, as was evidenced last night by my DoN experience, I usually have terrible luck lately when it comes to grouping outside of guild groups, friend groups, or AH member groups. I rarely get heals, I usually happen to be last man standing, and I rarely get any respect. Be warned for this fact. Last night I did a creator mission that it took our puller 15 minutes to pull the walking statue named to us. Our grp averaged 1 death for every 4 mobs pulled. Thankfully not mine. This was after I told Kor I would help her as soon as I finished my DON. After 20 minutes I was forced to tell Kor to take off without me. For that I say sorry Kor, didn't mean for that to happen. Third,Shammy's are a rare commodity. Usually even AH suffers a lack of them. Barring a few of the regulars there are usually about 2 of us on for raids. This means all those wacky requests for buffs get handled usually by one or 2 select few of us. While I try to stick to the standard buffs for all ppl, I once in a while get the crazy request such as "you got a CHA buff for my paladin"(don't worry this wasn't an AH request, just a normal group experience for me). I really love it when I get the short end of the stick telling me I am not melee, a healer or DD expert. I am there for buffs, melee, debuff, slows and usually anything else that pops up. As a shammy I am forced to be a jack of all trades, theat even Bards can't claim. As for this business with slows and debuff, cripple, etc... if you don't want it dead just tell me the word, I will sit down, but if you want to see all those impressive DD hits, critcal hit, and spells landing, I am your man.

Now for Shammy 101:

1. Shammy's rule all other classes for buffs, this includes you clerics, sorry to say.

2. Shammy's are the integral part of getting an mob down. Whether debuff, slows, cripples, or our melee skills, we get the job done.

3. Any group can be made better by the addition of a shammy. Even if we are on one of our rants, we add humor and tactics to any mission. Who is the first person a mob goes after other than a chanter and a tank? why us of course.

4. While we may look like nothing special to you healer types, we take damage as much as the rest of the group. Our blood flows red on the battlefield too. Yes we canni sometimes to keep everyone else from dying by keeping us in mana. Where do you think the slows come from?

These parting words:

I buff cause I can, melee cause I should, heal cause I have to, and join you in battle cause I like you all. (love is too wierd a word)
Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here, here...well said. /bow Vudu
(or is it hear, hear...?)
Edgez
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Shams, they are great. I have a lot of respect for every sham I've meet.
Soraak
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/tell Vudu Gibbors me SA/SV Twisted Evil

I think everyone loves Shammy's, I couldn't imagine playing a class that has to buff SO MUCH! I am amazed that you guys have mana to do anything else, but the shammy's I group with regularly are always an asset to a group in more that just buffs and slows.

/buys the Shammy's an ale

Soraak
Dohi
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is the only class i dont have =/

i need to make one lol...
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you cannot see where our raids are posted (time and place forum) it's because Kor hasn't approved your application yet. You should pm her about your status.

However, in the past LoP has had a serious beef with AH and encouraged their members not to raid with us. It's been awhile though so perhaps that has changed,
Muvar
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:53 am    Post subject: <3 shammys Reply with quote

/cheer

Well said! My old main is a shammy so I feel your pain. Maybe one of the reasons I made a rogue which soon after became my main.

I'd be more then happy to play my shaman on raids if you all let me know, but unfortunately it seems we have a lack of rogues too ><.
Herkybevo
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the same boat with my shaman. One reason you see Franklaw instead of Herkybevo. I feel as a whole, the shaman class is seriously underappreciated by players and mostly SOE. Anytime we need an extra shaman, let me know and I can bring Herky on. I will warn you though, Herky is only lvl 65 and missing a few of the "required" spells for AH.
Ladile
Little Angry Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vudu, I lub shammies! And thank you for putting up with me asking for IoS all the time; you're always welcome to bug me for Conviction or whatever Laughing Very Happy Smile
Aelron
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just pokin in for a comment..

I was a member of LoP for about 2 weeks before I quit EQ and the reason I left that guild was because I had committed to an AH raid one evening before LoP called anything. When LoP finally decided to make a raid run they called it and I said I was already on another raid with AH. I was promptly told (by an LoP Officer) that if I didn't leave the AH raid and come to the LoP raid I might as well just leave the guild. So I left

AH was always more fun to raid with anyways.

Later,
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to me in game Dragon.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Bawng
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I have never heard anyone in LoP discourage raiding with AH in the 6 months I have been there, so it must be an older issue or at least one I have never been aware of. Now, I do know that the raid times conflict in many, many circumstances....so much so that I now find I can only raid with AH about once per month (in fact, many of the newer AH members probably have no idea who I am). If there is an officer telling people not to raid with AH it is probably Striding Twisted Evil (J/K of course)
Striding
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/duel Bawng

When i 1st joined LoP, i chose AH raids over their raids (mainly cause i felt more comfortable raiding with AH). When AH took a month+ break from raiding on SolRo, I had to get my raiding from -gasp- LoP. It took awhile for me to get adjusted but it worked all out in the end. Earning my keep there & watching new raiders grow is exciting

LoP then and now is a raiding guild. I wont scold anyone for not attending a guild raid for other stuff. heck, we got a 30% raid attendance.

The lop officers expect full participation from our members mainly because of the flagging issues that get resolved during key flagging raids. It sucks to hear about that Aelron. We kinda got new faces as officers (like me)since then in Lop now & hopefully that experience Aelron had back then would be the last...

Atm, we are backflagging & its unfortunate Lop AH members cant raid with AH atm. Sooner or later we'll be back Wink

I'll always lend my fists to AH whenever possible. You guys broke me into the raiding scene and for which, I'm forever grateful.

Ichi...Ni...San...Shi...Striding ichiban... iki ma~su!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: