Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 61
Members: 0
Total: 61
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Man this weeks raid schedule looks nice
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Man this weeks raid schedule looks nice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Man this weeks raid schedule looks nice Reply with quote

It just sucks that I have to work every damn night except Wednesday, lol. Maybe I will be home early on thursday in time to catch SRT raid-need 3 minis and Sol Ro-and friday to get one of my epic battles out of the way, but wont hold my breath. Good hunting all and kick some butt!
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm down with the 70.4 chain for the end reward this week. There's still a lot of people who need level 69 and 70 spells.

We knocked out Xegony on the first try and hopefully we can progress and build on that soon.

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Elrico
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if you guys have chained the 70.4 before or not, but here are some gotchas to be aware of from when we did it.

You can't be in raid to get the task.

You must have someone who is in the task as part of the exp group or no reward.

There is a task timer associated and you must have completed 70.1-3 normal/hard in order to request 70.4 normal/hard. 70.4 normal will also preclude requesting 70.4 hard.

We had the mission requesting group plus those who needed the reward gather inside the hut. The requestor gets the mission and drops those who already have reward and adds those who need. As noted above, make sure that you have one person in task in each group, or make very sure you know which is your exp group and have one (or more) person from that group in task. Once all is set, exit hut, kill seeker, and enjoy the loot.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have done it repeatedly. It is a bit tricky but its alot like the jailor quest too. Highly recommend everyone look up the jailor quest if you haven't already!

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elrico wrote:
Not sure if you guys have chained the 70.4 before or not, but here are some gotchas to be aware of from when we did it.

There is a task timer associated and you must have completed 70.1-3 normal/hard in order to request 70.4 normal/hard. 70.4 normal will also preclude requesting 70.4 hard.

We had the mission requesting group plus those who needed the reward gather inside the hut. The requestor gets the mission and drops those who already have reward and adds those who need. As noted above, make sure that you have one person in task in each group, or make very sure you know which is your exp group and have one (or more) person from that group in task. Once all is set, exit hut, kill seeker, and enjoy the loot.

How long would it take just to spend a raid evening to grind through the 4 or 5 missions required? I haven't attempted these at all because nobody ever seems to want to do them or they say they do and never do anything about it.

Xyyth Rohrlohrd (73 Beastlord) - http://www.magelo.com/eq_view_profile.html?num=242104
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole point of doing the 70.4 thing is to gear up our people with the loot that drops. The spells are something that people are going to have to work on individually, so we will not be taking a night off raiding to form groups for people to do them.
Auldaen
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xyyth wrote:
Elrico wrote:

How long would it take just to spend a raid evening to grind through the 4 or 5 missions required? I haven't attempted these at all because nobody ever seems to want to do them or they say they do and never do anything about it.

Being that these missions are single group events, taking a raid night to run through them all would not really be possible. You need a Basic group make up of 1 cleric, 1 12K + tank, a slower and a bunch of DPS - some require CC some do not. A typicall evening of raiding we would not find the correct group breakout for everyone in attendance - therefore leaving someone out, something we try to avoid. Another thing is the fact that some of these missions take a long time, 70.1 which I did last night took 2+ hours, so getting more than one done a night may prove impossible due to time constraints.

I know a lot of folks still need the spell missions, and they have great rewards, I am more than willing to join a group doing spell missions, or any DoD mission, it just takes persistance in asking and recruiting folks for these missions.

-Auldaen
Xyyth
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't really thinking about the gear more than I was thinking about the spells, but now I see why they make it such a process.

Elrico
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Shieara is proposing is running the 70.4 task specifically. That is the one and only task that can be done in about 10 minutes. The actual task itself has a max timer of 30 minutes. It is entirely possible to chain the event multiple times in just a couple of hours and gear up all that need the actual reward as well as the possibility of some decent loot drops from the named - given the limitations I have specified above.

Beyond the specific 70.4, all of the other spell missions as well as other non-spell missions (Elder tasks for one) also provide a reward to everyone in group plus bonus drops. The rewards/loot in all of these missions is close to 200 hp/mana for each task (with some repitition of slots in the task rewards). If your not part of a GoD/EP/Time raiding guild, thent he rewards/loot from these tasks are probably huge upgrades to what you may have been able to get with single group content previously. I would definitely recommend anyone who has not done them and needs upgrades to aggressively pursue the missions.

Good luck,

Rich
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't want it to come across that I don't want people to do the single group missions. I do want people to do them. They drop great gear.

However, as a raid night target they are not a good deal. They are lengthy, difficult, and some require pretty specific group makeups to succeed. I try to stay away from devoting raid nights to single target encounters unless they relate directly to progression such as Tipt. We would not be doing that but I feel like devoting a raid night to it is the fastest way to get it done and provides the most motivation.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: