Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 145
Members: 0
Total: 145
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Rathe Council Strat
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rathe Council Strat

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Rathe Council Strat Reply with quote

Okay, here is our strat for this.

The first thing we will do is assemble in Earthb. The zonein is pretty safe, but due to the number of people we will be bringing in we may have to kill a few mobs there.

As far as reaching the Council, I am hearing that it works like this. You need to kill the trash mobs out front until the they're all dead and the door opens to the chieftan area, there are 3 cheiftans Birak, Garlronar, and Awisona, once you kill those 3 Warlord Gintolaken spawns, killing him opens the door to The Rathe Council.

I will confirm later tonight to make sure this is correct.

Once this is done we will move into what I am going to call the "mezz-park" area. It's a small cubby, and will be the enchanter teams home for this event. For now though the entire raid will park there for part one-two of this raid.

Rathe Part 1-Setup

The very first thing that needs to be done is all members will demem Evac spells and all dots. We are not going to be having any weird mistakes involving these spells. All healers will need to load pure blood. Any class that does not have pure blood but does have a remove curse line (paladins?), should load remove curse. After any rebuffs are done we will begin pulls.

Rathe Part 2 - mezzables

There are 12 Rathe Councilmen. 6 are mezzable. 6 are not mezzable. We will be dealing with the mezzable mobs first. We will be checking which mobs are mezzable by using either a bard or an enchanter/mage team. Once a mezzable mob is located it will be pulled to the raid which is stationed at the mezz-park area.

All the council members cast...

Earthen Vengeance

Decrease Attack Speed by 20%
Increase Curse Counter by 4
Decrease Hitpoints by 200 per tick
Decrease HP when cast by 1000

100 range, -400 MR.

They hit for roughly 3k, but are partially slowable. Also, the Rathe Councilmembers occasionally shadowstep the first person on their aggro list. If this is the tank, it should not be an issue since they immediately will be summoned back. However, it is very important that the tank have solid aggro so this occurs instead of ping-pong.

Once the councilmember is at 10% the entire raid will DPS off, except for a few designated people. Their job is to move the mob to the back of the area and dps it down to 3%. We *must not* kill these guys. In order to do the event right they all have to die within a short span of each other. Once the mob is down at 3% chanters will mezzlock the councilmember and we will rezz as needed and pull the next one.

This will be repeated until all six mezzable councilmembers are mezzlocked at 3% and parked in the cubby. This marks the end of phase 2.

Rathe Part 3 - Unmezzables

So now we are left with six unmezzable council members. We will be designating six "tank spots" for these to be tankmezzed at.

These Councilmembers are pretty much the same but do have one vital difference. The more you damage them the less they hit for. This makes it possible for a tank team to tank-mezz these without too many problems

So, what we will do is pull councilmember 1 to tank spot 1. The designated tank for that spot will get aggro. Then the raid will engage. We will beat this mob down to 10% of its hps. Once that is done all raid dps will end and we will move to the next tank spot and unmezzable, leaving tank group 1 behind to tank-mezz the mob.

I will give you an example tank-mezz group and explain their role in more detail. Lets say tank group 1 is...

Ardnasc
Hearrun
Donielae

So, Ard will get aggro and the raid will beat down. At 10% these three will be left to hold the mobs interest. Ardnasc shoudl tank it. Hearrun should heal Ard. Now the important part is this. Hear and Ard are going to be in the AE. Donie's job is to stay outside of the AE and heal Hearrun. So it will go like this. Ard tanks, Hearrun heals Ard, Donie heals Hear from outside of AE range. Ard's job is to dps the mob down to 3% or so and hold it there using non-damage aggro. Not too hard a job for a stun-crazy paladin.

We may make tank groups of six people. This would be so that they could utilize leader aa more fully (some people have more then others). If we do that it will be clearly designated what tank is where and which healers are assigned to who.

So the raid will be repeating this several times. The last unmezzable is described below.

Rathe Part 4 - Triggering Avatar of Earth

So at this point we still have six mobs mezzed in the mezz spot. We also have five unmezzables being tank-mezzed. We will be pulling the final member to the raid. Now, what we will be doing is this. First, tank will get aggro and raid will dps down to 20%. Then I will be calling for some groups to move back to the enchanters. Remember, the mezzlocked council members still will be hitting for 3k.

When the final unmezzable is at 5% the kill order will be given. At this time we need to kill all 12 members within a few minutes time. If we fail to do this we fail the event. If we kill them fast enough the Avatar of Earth will pop.

Rathe Part 5 - Final Battle

Okay now the Avatar of Earth will hopefully be up. He is not that much harder then a councilman. He hits for around 1800 with defensive up and uses the effects...

Marl

Increase Spell Mana Cost by 100%
Decrease Hitpoints by 100 per tick
Limit: Spell Type(Detrimental only)
Increase Curse Counter by 36
Limit: Combat Skills Not Allowed

-350 MR based, 300 range

Ashen Form

Decrease Agro Multiplier by 95%

-350 MR based, single-target

If the raid is in really bad shape at this point he can be kited. I'll announce if we need to do that. Otherwise, we will burn him down and get our loot. Mostly if we can pop him we can kill him. Just don't go all crazy on me and charge recklessly.

Rathe - Odds and Ends

There are going to be a lot of special groups used for this. I am going to need at least one shaman willing to run a circuit around the various tankmezz mobs to refresh slow if needed.

Beastlords and necromancers will also be grouped together. Our job will be to go give mana to any tank-mezz healers that need. If none is needed our role is dps.

With this raid it is possible to partially recover from a wipe. Lets say Ard's group from above wipes out due to LD or something. The council member will walk back to his spawn. The raid can go back, rezz Ard and repull the council member. The limit to this is mana and time.
----------------
That is about it for Rathe Strat. The encounter is not that hard, but everyone needs to be aware of what they are doing and be responsive. There truely is no room for afk on this raid at all...so pee before we begin.

I expect the first attempt we may wipe. We may not even have enough to make the attempt (if that is the case we will do some more Earthb flagging next week). I really do think that it is possible for us to win this encounter if we all buckle down and focus though.
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To spawn the chiefs you actually need to kill some special mobs in the second area, cant remember their names but iirc at 65 they were yellow cons. can look their names up if needed
Krisstoff
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping to top of threads. Very useful info Shi, thanks Very Happy
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, last night was our first attempt.

It went incredibly well for a group of people that have never tried it before. Seriously, you may not believe me but we did well. It certainly went better then our first try at Xegony where we wiped at 99% Laughing

We'll be refining our strategy on pulls which was a major issue I think for us. Also, I'm going to be more picky about tank order. Current plan is to have Culd tank and then FD onto the chosen tank for that spot. Also, we will be starting with our strongest tank at tank spot 1, then working down to our weaker tanks, with the 2nd strongest tank saved for last.

I think if we do this we will have a good chance at success the next round. Main thing will be speeding up pulls and getting the tank-mezzing done faster. That will be less time for chanters to have to mezz and less chance of a break.
Elrico
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Shieara,

I lost power at the houst last night just as you were getting the piggies through. You can count me in for next attempt.. provided that PG&E cooperates. We plan on more EarthB flagging next week also?

Cheers,

Rich
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it depends on how many need. You can read in Time and Place.

Earthb flagging is priority on Wed, but if only a few show that need we will move on to Coirnav that night.
Beladonna
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realy enjoyed that raid a lot, and we did do very well Smile

During the raid, when I saw how many mages we had in raid, and tested to see if coth worked, I suggested using multiple pullers and cothing them once mobs are split.

I can see several advantages in this, first being that no one will actually have to stay FD once coth has removed the agro, and so can add their DPS to the peeled mob.
Second, I think this would be much quicker.
And third, in my eyes, apart from possible linkdeads, it can't fail Twisted Evil

I'm desperate to know what you guys think Very Happy

Who wants to marry me? I need a new pet!

Placos A'tropine,
Level 64 Dark Elf Warrior,
12 AAs
Beladonna
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just had another thought.
If several pullers managed to generate enough agro to keep the unmezzable mobs from agroing on the bards, couldn't the whole army be trained through a "tunnel" of bards singing mez song so the mezzables will be seperated and left behind?

The bards and pullers could then be cothed to safety, then maybe rush in and re-mez them to stop them returning to the fortress, pulling the rest would then be easier.

Of course, group leaders could use their mark NPC ability to make pulling them easier, I have level 3 mark NPC and find this ability very useful.

Who wants to marry me? I need a new pet!

Placos A'tropine,
Level 64 Dark Elf Warrior,
12 AAs
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: