Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 234
Members: 0
Total: 234
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Cast your vote now!
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Cast your vote now!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Cast your vote now! Reply with quote

So anyways, there has been some debate over whether to do Time p1-3 for keys on Wed, or go with the plan of Shyra, Hate trial, etc. I didn't think people would want to do Time because it is unlikely that we will have the membership to do much in p4 on a Thursday night.

However, it is up to you guys. If members want to go do that I am all for it.
More keyed the merrier imo.

Cast your vote now.
Sulsil
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time please, worst case scenario is we flag a bunch more people.
Celephane
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wouldn't have to do P4 the next night, it would still be available Friday or Saturday.
Herkybevo
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say lets do Time.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't raiding Friday and Saturday.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, well I was going to say time, but if we have some other decent targets (like shyra) then let's do that. P1-P3 is a fairly long raid for a wednesday imo and I doubt all of the people who are flag'd will show (which means limited numbers of piggies and such and the headache that is getting pigs into raid). I'll be happy either way, but a change of pace from ikky/time (given the tough week we had this past week) may be a good thing (even if we lose). Also, we MUST do P1-P3 EVERY time we raid time and we are going to be raiding there like every week for awhile and those first three segments are going to become very tedious in a hurry...not much reason to do them unless we plan on going further later that week /shrug. If we want to skip 1.5's next week and try P4-P6 on thursday then I could see doing it, but getting some so-so gear (already had two rot loots) and a few flags isn't really worth a long night on a wednesday.
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lock-out on Time won't expire until Thursday. I bet many of you are in the same boat whether you realize it or not.

So I vote for Shyra or Hate Trial.

I do think it would benefit us to do Time regularly begininng on Wednesdays though (ie starting next week). Make clearing Time weekly a priority then using what nights we have left for other stuff.
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening all, Well i have to say Mpg hate trial or something else.
If we had 2 day to do Time I am all in but to do all that work and possiable get all the done with 3-4 and not be able to cotinue kida defets the purpose. Well good hunting to all and to all good nite.
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, even though it is supposed to be a 5-day lockout it looks like it won't expire until Thursday for some reason.

There are some other decent things we can do (even trying Ikk3 again if we want) that drop good loot. Only bad thing about Shyra is we will not be able to take Elgluth and Wendaen, since WC still does her as a regular target. But it's not like we cannot go without them and if you look at her loot table, well, I think it's at least worth the attempt.
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

id vote Ik3, lets get that beast done we know we can do it, only thing that stoped us last time was time. and now we know what we are doing so that shouldnt be too bad. lets beat it.
(hate trial is fun and stuff too, if we beat it once, dare i say were going to need to start working on farming it? Smile)
another idea might be T'shara is LoP isnt farming daily /shrug
Nahallac
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kalakob wrote:
id vote Ik3, lets get that beast done we know we can do it, only thing that stoped us last time was time. and now we know what we are doing so that shouldnt be too bad. lets beat it.
(hate trial is fun and stuff too, if we beat it once, dare i say were going to need to start working on farming it? Smile)
another idea might be T'shara is LoP isnt farming daily /shrug

Clearly, Kalakob has gone crazy. He voted for Ikk3!

As far as voting goes, I guess I'll vote for time because I still need a key Very Happy
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thing is. if we could be farming stuff like hate /shyra we shouldnt be spending much time in time really, Tacvi/texvu on the other hand requires GoD progression and will be challenging for some time to come i believe. just my 2 cents
Krisstoff
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shyra has an insane loot table so I'd vote for that. However, considering he/she/it (can't remember) hits for upwards of 4k, would we be able to handle that in our current situation?
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shyra experiance, well want a good 7 cleric chain probably with a few good tanks, well have to be ready for tank death. doable id imagine so with a little practice
(no clue on the dps side of things, havent been involved there)
Culdahl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that we easily pwn mobs in fire that hit for upwards of 4K (general hits for around 3200 and procs a 3K DD quite often). I don't know the exact max hit of shyra (can't find any info), but anything under 4K should be easily doable given the mob's AoE's (unless there's some AoE's not listed I'm missing). Honestly, mob DPS is rarely a factor imo (though some seem to think it's huge).....it's the encounters with many unmezzable adds and difficult AoE's that cause a problem, because it hurts our weakest members along with the strongest. Single target DPS can always be overcome by a couple decent tanks and an extra heal or two. Not saying I'd want to try this raid with 3 clerics and 2 droods, but our normal compliment should be fine provided we get the strat down.

P.S. - I would think that ikky 3 mob we killed 500 times would be harder then shyra, because it is an endurance fight (hard on our lesser geared healers) combined with a nasty 3K AoE, which makes life a nightmare for 70% of the raid (hell, I had a hard time keeping myself healed with potions, taps, etc).
Auldaen
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would Vote for anything but Time atm, as it is almost worthless to a majority of our raid force - Don't get me wrong - alot need keys, but to just do tier 1-2 and not have the ability to come back to tier 3-4 is not the best use of our time. We will be hitting tier 1-2 enough to get everyone thier key with plenty left over on our way to tier 3-4.

I will only be around Wednesday as I will be out of town this weekend so what gets decided effects me very little. But my first thought is to try a few Loot only mobs - or something new. I always love to go up against new targets, it is exciting and challenging, I don't care about a win or loss, to some degree, but a challenge is always a pleasure.

-Auldaen
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think we could win Shyra. It's a single-pullable mob, and even though it hits hard I think Culd could tank her. I actually think she is easier then Hulcror (which is another possibility if he is up).

Hate trial is a little more iffy. The thing about Hate mpg raid trial is, it gets easier the fewer plate tanks you have. It would pretty much be a matter of looking at our clerics and seeing the max amount of plate tanks we could allow to come. Druid healing there is pretty much no good due to aggro issues so the trial is cleric limited, and you want 1-2 clerics per tank.

/shrug...we'll see who we have and go from there I guess
Karrmma
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time is so not a waste of time. Yes P 1 through 3 loots arent great but when ya get to P4 and beyond the loots are quite good. And you also need to look at it this way. When we gear up our weakest members we make the entire force that much stronger.

TBH There are only 4 or 5 items that I will use from time.. however by doing it we make the future progression that much easier. Therefore I vote we farm time until stuff starts to rot.

Err unless of course we are still locked out....hehe
Culdahl

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Karrmma wrote:
Time is so not a waste of time. Yes P 1 through 3 loots arent great but when ya get to P4 and beyond the loots are quite good. And you also need to look at it this way. When we gear up our weakest members we make the entire force that much stronger.

TBH There are only 4 or 5 items that I will use from time.. however by doing it we make the future progression that much easier. Therefore I vote we farm time until stuff starts to rot.

Err unless of course we are still locked out....hehe

I don't think auldaen was saying that time is a waste in general; rather that doing only P1-P3 merely for flags seems like a waste. Given that we have to do that EVERY time we raid that zone, it does seem a bit redundant to simply do it for flags (we'll be doing P1-P3 long after everyone has their flags and people are going to grow sick of it quicky imo...especially with loot rotting). P4-P6 is the real "farming" portion of time imo.
Krisstoff
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culdahl wrote:
Keep in mind that we easily pwn mobs in fire that hit for upwards of 4K (general hits for around 3200 and procs a 3K DD quite often). I don't know the exact max hit of shyra (can't find any info), but anything under 4K should be easily doable

My fault. I'm not really in the know in terms of what's high DPS and what isn't on a raid mob. I just saw the 4k and went OMG. Shyra sounds fun imo Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: