Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 225
Members: 0
Total: 225
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Time?
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Time?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:53 am    Post subject: Time? Reply with quote

Ok, last night sucked and I'm not sure if it's because a lot of people would still rather XP or whether people are losing interest in farming time (or both). Personally, with TSS loot, I think time is a bit tedious given you can bazaar better all the way through quarm, with the only exception being the valuable clickies from time.

So, do you guys/gals still want to farm time regularly for those "clickies" or would you rather we divert our efforts towards something bigger like trying to get anguish flagd?

Also, if there isn't a lot of interest in raiding this week (due to leveling/exploring) would you rather take another week off?
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clickies are good... but I still want/NEED that damn helmet that drops in time. Problem is I can never afford the points for it after it gets bumped..

To summarize, I am still interested in doing Time and you can count on me to be there if at all possible.
Ladile
Little Angry Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm happy to do Time for as long as there is enough interest in it. On a personal level, there's not much that drops that I'm interested in atm except a few items from P5/Quarm.

Also, due to raids starting at 11pm and having to get up at 7am every morning, I'm probably not going to be able to attend long targets (Time) on Weds/Thurs for this semester. Shorter targets on those nights are possible and Fridays/Saturdays are generally not a problem.
Culdahl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify - I'm not saying we won't or shouldn't do time, nor am I saying that I got all my l33t gear and now we should move on:-) The reason I bring this up is because of the rather common drops I'm seeing out of TSS that are also dropable...this loot is in the 190-220hp range, which is =/> 99.9% of time gear. The only down side is that some of it lacks effects/mods/clickies, which make it a bit less desirable. Also, the tier 1 armor quest in TSS yields loot FAR superior to any visible loot from time (even better than qvic *if* you get the power up thingy (kind of a tier 1.5 type thing))....here's a link to the plate stuff from TSS http://lucy.allakhazam.com/itemlist.html?searchtext=hewn+plate..keep in mind you can power that up to about 70 AC 240HP with effects and + avoidance/shielding/DoT shielding/etc.

So, the question becomes, do you want to spend 2 or 3 nights a week farming something you can generally get in the bazaar (or will soon be able to)?

P.S. - Is it just me or does this forum seem powerful slow?
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed a bit of slowdown myself. Checked to make sure the DB was optimized and it was so I am guessing its a bandwidth/ISP issue...
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Culdahl: From everything I've seen (and the item Ive completed Tier 1 for), the "power up" is only focus effects--it doesn't change the base ac/hp/mana given.

So while the items are quite sweet, they don't come with any clicky effects, and won't even have focus until we start raiding TSS.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:56 pm    Post subject: Time to leave? Reply with quote

I think the low turn out was a mix of people wanting to exp, it being wednesday (always a lower turn out right?), and the excitement of the new expansion to explore. I think the previous few time raids had good attendence?

Personally there's not too many upgrades left for me in time, but I still think it's a great raid to do specifically because its an easy source of lots of gear that helps secure the lower end of our raiding force. Ie it's useful to get the top raiders, say, 5 new pieces of gear, but it's just as important to give the bottom raiders, 20 new upgrade (albeit of worse quality of course).

The trouble is that lower geared people gain less from the big encounters (since they don't have the dkp to spend), while the same issue is reflected with the top geared members in time raids. But I think dkp helps fix that pretty well - the ubers get lots of dkp from time to keep them interested, and the lowbies get to watch the ubers lose lots of dkp on the high end raid and help reduce the dkp spread. Very Happy

So my vote would be to do exactly what we're doing - occasional time raids to keep the raid force equiped with a time-minimum level of gear.

P.S I really have no knowledge on TSS whatsoever though, so that certainly needs to be taken into account. If the loot is on par with time and available to the average player, then I would suggest infrequent time raids run as a means to assess the minimum level of gear of the raid force by taking note of how many items are won as upgrades (bonus not then included) and for how many points.
Divinax
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Theater of Blood!

Check out the class loot that drops there. If we had a raid flagged for that zone it could be alot of fun with great rewards.

Just another option that's out there to be considered.
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vdaen wrote:
Don't forget Theater of Blood!

Check out the class loot that drops there. If we had a raid flagged for that zone it could be alot of fun with great rewards.

Just another option that's out there to be considered.

Been trying to nudge us along here as well, in the single/double group mode.

ToB can be farmed for qvic-level gear with one uber dps group, or 2 groups rather easily given our current progression. Yes, a few of the access missions suck (samples specifically), but once it's done, it's done.
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

most of the ToB stuff that i had seen was quite similar to the focused Tier 1 items.
though level caps on the casting focus' might make TSS more appealing
elaari
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always up for Time - Momma needs a new pair of shoes! My MM shoes are wore out from kiting 69.1s......

I just wish I weren't so dern tired by the end.
Culdahl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elaari wrote:
I'm always up for Time - Momma needs a new pair of shoes! My MM shoes are wore out from kiting 69.1s......

I just wish I weren't so dern tired by the end.

That's the major issue really....if time wasn't so damn tedious we wouldn't even be having this discussion. If we could just jump right into P3+ I would be 110% for raiding time every week, but we have to do P1-P3 which wastes an hour to 2.5 hrs a night and by the time we get to the loot people want, they need to log.

It would be nice if they changed the way time worked, because it's nothing more than a time crunch atm with little to no challenge, but what can ya do.......

BTW, the TSS loot is in the 190-220 HP range and I believe it's fairly common atm, so I think a LOT of AH will see major upgrades by simply XPing in TSS while working on 75.

P.S. - I can't stress enough that this isn't a "well I have my gear so screw everyone else" type thing...y'all have to keep in mind that we farmed PoP for years with NO upgrades to most of those with higher tiers in AH (hence why we have a shit-ton of DKP:-). Time and other bigger targets were the first mobs most of us could actually roll on in months/years, so please know that we WANT EVERYONE to get better gear because it benefits us ALL to have an evenly equipped raid force. The only reason this is being discussed is because there are other options for equal loot, so we *MAY* want to push onto bigger things and allow the lesser geared folks to finish equipping via DoD/PoR/TSS.
Atuin
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a thing or two from Time I'd still take. There's a TON of things from Time I don't need. I'll show up everytime I can cause I know others need. The point of the matter is that there's alot of gear that alot of people are still bidding on. In fact there's still drops getting raised in points. I don't think we should finish with time yet personally. I think the biggest problem is that peeps don't show up for the first night of time. NOt much as far as upgrades, and very tedious. Folks, we can't get to the second night of time w/o peeps showing up to get the first night done. Suck it up. There's DKP for it. And your chance to shine. And good friends. And possibly gear. And good times. And Atuin!! Can't forget ATuin. Anyways, I'm very supportive of continuing with time. However, I'm very confident in the leaders/officers of AH. Whatever direction is taken, I'm 175% positive it was the right direction.

Love me, love you,
Atuin
Mercenarie
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, Time is definitely tedious, but I still enjoy doing it. I know that there is better gear out there, so I'm all for trying new targets. (Although I still want the bp from Time because of the aggro modifier.) But I think if we could cut through Time faster (P1 - P5 in one night), we could get people equipped sooner. But we need a consistently larger raid force to get the first part out of the way quicker. IMO, Time is the place to go in order to get geared up to be able to handle some of the higher end zones. It's almost like a necessary evil. lol Anyway, I'm always up for a trip to Time.
elaari
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do enjoy Time and will continue to be there as often as I can. I don't mind phase 1 at all and we've gotten it down pretty good.
Xikshaaz
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:06 am    Post subject: my thoughts on time by Xik Reply with quote

well as some people have stated for the most part time loot isnt that big of an uprgrade for me......still only 1 drop i want/need for my class.....that damn ever elusive pouch from RZ......seriously i need that.....getting damn expensive buyin minimum of 3k a week in darts just so i can pull........granted some of the clickiesw i would still like to snag......like quarms clickie haste earring....but am only concerned with getting the pouch.....and imo as one of if the the main puller for AH the pouch is needed for me.....true some of the TSS gear thats droppin of trash named are nice loot's and the tier 1 armor is niec as well......so basically imo......beat down time get me my pouch and move onto better targets for us like bustin ass and gettin in anguish......after last nights raid and how well we did we should be able to get anguish flagged in no time imo.....anyways those are my thoughts gonna shuush now sinc my thoughts dont count =P

Xikshaaz

75 monk member of Darkblood and proud member of AH GO TEAM
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

/nod xik
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my 2cp. When we did P1 and P2 the other day there were still drops in the trials my groups did that had more then one person interested. The gloves from the Earthern Guardian for example are something I just got very recently myself and I know more of the warriors and knights would like a pair.

With over 500 raids under my belt my dkp tier is still only 20 atm - this is due to my having joined AH wearing mostly LDoN gear and buying many, many upgrades. I'd like to help others do the same and Time is a good place for that. I was tickled pink that we succeeded in the trial Friday night and am looking forward newer and harder challanges and to seeing us progress to Anguish.

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to be clear, I personally have no problem doing time.

What I personally have a problem with is that on p1-p3 night very few people show up. instead being off doing their own thing while expecting others to clear/lead the raid in p1-p3 while individuals do "more important stuff". Wording mine of course.

Was a big surprise for me when I found out last week that attending raids was actually completely optional--when I was an app, I approached leadership about taking a few nights off so I could finish getting level 70 (the only thing keeping me from becoming a full member), and was told in pretty certain terms that I was expected to raid whenever I was online.

Now I'm seeing 15-20 people out exp'n while half of AH tries to do p1-p3.

It's my pretty strong belief that given:

1) People for the most part don't want to do p1-p3, and
2) A decent to substantial amount of people want to do p4/p5/p6,

leadership has to look at what it takes to accomplish 2) above...and personally I think it is either not making it optional (all of poTime in one night), or making it much more attractive for people to do (more dkp).

Otherwise, we're going to wind up wasting an entire raid night with 15-20 people (eventually) trying to do something in a night that could take 45-50 people an hour and a half.
Quenari
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:53 pm    Post subject: Time Reply with quote

My only prob with Time is the days selected. I personally love to do Time and there are 2 drops that i want from there...one normally drops the first night and the Other is off Quarm...and while I know I do not stand a chance in getting the one from Quarm...I still enjoy the opportunity to TRY and get it...one day, I'll get lucky. Wednesday I am too not ready for something long like Time...Thursday is guild night and sometimes will be done to come late to a raid sometimes make raid on time...so long drawn out raids work best for me on Friday and Saturday...though I am always game for an MPG trial...I noted that I missed one due to account issues (forgot to renew it Embarassed ) So I still want to do Time! I also want to finish getting ToB access and Anguish flagged and other stuff too...it is a matter of setting the order in which to do it and do it /shrug.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: