Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 374
Members: 0
Total: 374
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Unpopular subject I'm sure.... DKP
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Unpopular subject I'm sure.... DKP
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elrico
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Unpopular subject I'm sure.... DKP Reply with quote

With conversations regarding leaving Time and moving on to other content, I think it is time for me to bring up this subject. I know that I myself have experienced some frustration on this matter and have heard others voice their concerns also. When I first had this thought, I discussed it with an AH officer but decided not to post it until I saw how things played out.

The AH DKP systems is a great system, but it has one flaw that I can see. The flaw is that once a person reaches a certain tier level, they are unlikely to ever fall below that level again. In effect, they are "locked in" to always getting first pick of any new drops with no concern of ever dropping to a level where they won't have that ability. The original AH system only had 3 tiers and was expanded to an open ended system when it became apparent that 3 tiers was not enough.

So once all of the higher tiers have obtained all of the items they desire, then the drops start going to the middle and lower tiers. This is likely where they would also be a more significant upgrade to the winner. With that said, it is my opinion that we should include PoTime as a farming raid to help round out the mid/lower tiers of our force. If we move on to new content now, then the high tiers would again be getting all the loot and the lower tiers would not be seeing any immediate benefits.

While it is true that a lot of the lower phase gear will go to apps/guests, there are still lots of upgrades that would benefit members in the higher phases. It is also true that there will be 175+ hp attuneable gear for sale in Baz with the TSS expansion out now. However, taking a look at Baz prices for those items today, I think most would rather spend their hard earned DKP on PoTime items instead of farming for the 100k+ it would take to buy those items.

Now, back to the primary focus of my post.. DKP. The changes that I would propose to the DKP is basic and simple. Instead of using a flat point based system where the items start at 5 pts and can be raised to 10, lets use a percentage based system where items base cost is 10% of your points and can be raised up to 20%. All other aspects would remain the same. If we plug in some numbers of a tier 8, tier 15, and tier 50 person, we can see that this will benefit the lower tiers, be just about the same for the mid tiers, and work to lower the "god like" status of the higher tiers.

tier 8 = 25 dkp | 10% 2.5 dkp | 15% = 3.75 dkp | 20% = 5 dkp
tier 15 = 46 dkp | 10% = 4.6 dkp | 15% = 6.9 dkp | 20% = 9.2 dkp
tier 50 = 151 dkp | 10% = 15.1 dkp | 15% = 22.65 dkp | 20% = 30.2 dkp

The higher tiers will still have the ability to get first pick of items, but if they do so consistently, then they will eventually burn off their DKP and put them in a position where they really have to consider if the item is worth the points to spend, or if it would be better to let someone else get the upgrade. If they do choose to go ahead and spend the points, then they will make a significant impact to their tier standing and be that much closer to the average member.

The way it works now, lets say we have someone at tier 50. This person raids 4 nights a week, and for arguments sake, lets say earns 1 dkp per night. If that person were to win an item each night, and that item was raised to 10 pts, it would still take three weeks and twelve items for them to drop from tier 50 to tier 16.

week 1 - tier 50 (153 dkp)
day 1 - -10 dkp win + 1dkp earned (144)
day 2 - -10 dkp win + 1dkp earned (135)
day 3 - -10 dkp win + 1dkp earned (126)
day 4 - -10 dkp win + 1dkp earned (117)

week 2 - tier 39 (117 dkp)
day 1 - -10 dkp win + 1dkp earned (108)
day 2 - -10 dkp win + 1dkp earned (99)
day 3 - -10 dkp win + 1dkp earned (90)
day 4 - -10 dkp win + 1dkp earned (81)

week 3 - tier 27 (81 dkp)
day 1 - -10 dkp win + 1dkp earned (72)
day 2 - -10 dkp win + 1dkp earned (63)
day 3 - -10 dkp win + 1dkp earned (54)
day 4 - -10 dkp win + 1dkp earned (45)

Now, lets say that we were using a percentage based DKP. That same person at Tier 50 would drop from tier 50 to tier 15 after only six wins, provided the items were raised to max 20%.

Week 1 - tier 50 (153 dkp)
day 1 - -20% (30.6dkp) + 1dkp (123.4) - Tier 42
day 2 - -20% (24.68dkp) +1dkp (99.72) - Tier 34
day 3 - -20% (19.94dkp) +1dkp (80.78 ) - Tier 27
day 4 - -20% (16.16dkp) +1dkp (65.62) - Tier 22

Week 2 - Tier 22 (65.62 dkp)
day 1 - -20% (13.12dkp) + 1dkp (53.5) - Tier 18
day 2 - -20% (10.7dkp) + 1dkp (43.8 ) - Tier 15

This would allow for a more even distribution of drops amongst all membership and help to level the bar between the old timers who have accumulated tons of DKP and the casual members who do not and cannot raid every single night. The people at higher tiers will still get first pick on stuff, but it will cost them for that privelege, and they will not be guaranteed that privelege in perpetuity.

I realize this is going to draw some fire from those who prefer the status quo. The argument will be... "What will motivate the higher tier people to come to raids if items will cost them more than anybody else?" The simple answer would be to accumulate DKP. A secondary response would be ... "What would motivate the lower tiers to come to raids knowing that if anything good drops, they have a snowballs chance in Hell of actually winning it?" Another response would be.. "How are we going to retain our casual lower tier members if every time the drops start getting to the lower tiers, we move to new content and new drops to be gobbled up by the higher tiers again?" Both are valid concerns, but I think this is where AH tries to differentiate itself from a hardcore raiding guild. We are not simply about power raiding and getting the most gear for our individual characters. My perception of what AH is trying to be is a coalition of friends who are all trying to advance together, without the demands and constraints of a power raiding guild. If AH only wants power raiders and really does not concern itself with the needs/wants of the more casual player, then perhaps I am in the wrong place.

One caveat that I have though of while reviewing my proposal and any possible loopholes is the ability of lower tiers to constantly raise to 20%. The 20% cost to a tier 8 with 25 dkp would only be 5 pts anyway, but would make huge impacts to the higher tiers. To work around that possible exploit, I would also propose a minimum tier 15 in order to initiate the raise of an item. Lower tiers could match, but if an item is raised, they could be assured that someone over tier 15 has raised it anyway... )

ok.. that's all I have to say about that for now...

/flame on

Rich
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem you are overlooking is WHY people have higher tiers and remain at higher tiers.......I am one of the highest tiered plate classes because I have been to 99% of our raids for well over a year, so I earn DKP faster than those who do not raid as frequently. Your suggestion seems to punish those who put the most effort into the organization.

In any DKP system, those who raid the most get the best loot FIRST, but that doesn't preclude them from eventually getting said loot.

The best way to get to higher tiers is to plan out your loot ahead of time and only roll on things you know you can't get via one group content AND that is a major enough upgrade that you KNOW you will not replace said item for quite some time to come.

Also, you have to factor in what a lot of the higher tiered folks do in their non-raiding time....I had pretty much a full set of GM armor + DoD loot, so I rarely needed upgrades (as do most of the higher tiered folks). When I do find an upgrade it's usually a very valuable item because a lesser item isn't worth spending DKP on.

DKP is all about good planning and time spent.....I have turned down DOZENS of upgrades because they were only minor upgrades to my current equipment; whereas, I see some people roll on items that are like only +15hps and +5 ac. I'm not bitching or anything, but if you spend DKP on such minor upgrades you're not going to be able to get the bigger upgrades when the time comes.

So, the best solution is to invest more time in AH, work on one-group stuff and take the time to plan out a loot path so you don't waste DKP on minor upgrades....I was once low man on the totem pole also, but I came to every raid and spent my DKP wisely (for the most part).

BTW, your idea that people get "locked in" is simply not true...if you show up to every raid I do and I win the loot you want, you'll eventually pass me in DKP. People like lacomb were 10-15 tiers below me at one point and have now caught and/or passed me, because of the loot I've won in recent months...the system is designed so that, with all things being equal, one person cannot bogart all the loot, but I think you miss the main point about time invested, which is key to getting ahead in ANY DKP system.
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to back Culdahl on this as one of the most recent full members with high activity.

I've spent my points extremely wisely (waited for 3rd or 4th drop of farmed content, thereby spending 1 dkp), and turned down small-ish upgrades (General ranged item being just one--yes, it's an upgrade, but not one worth dkp) because I've looked ahead to what I personally think AH will be raiding in the future, with a plan towards saving up dkp to get in on the 2nd or 3rd drop of items that will be major upgrades.

In a month and a half I've highest tier in my class (yes, monks are a small class), but I've also tiered up past many beastlords as well as rougly half the druids.

I agree, we're going to see the "high dkp" folks getting first shot at several upgrades in a row...Wendaen for example is going to get his pick of pretty much every leather based item in Anguish before I really get a shot at anything, but that's not necessarily a bad thing if you plan well.

What I do see is a lot of people spending dkp for things that are very small incremental upgrades, and not "key upgrades" for things like class clickies, etc...and it makes me wonder if they've done their homework, so to speak. It's good to make your decision about how much dkp (if any at all) you might spend on an item well before it drops, so when the decision point comes you are making wise ones.

Just my $2.00 worth Smile
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

be a dkp whore as long as you can up until the loot you want is going for cheap..... hehe thats my system. but i also generally only shoot for big upgrades too
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm one of those folks that sometimes goes for the smallish upgrades since I frequently have no idea when/where something better will drop. I suppose you might say I don't do my homework Embarassed I would rather jump into the game and have fun!

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Zanman
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say I'm on the same page with Kalakob Laughing I tend to save my dkp till the upgrades hit 1DKP and roll on them. Have gotten lucky and won several like that. It's a waiting game and on the minor upgrades I always wait and hope everyone else will wait and bring the DKP price down to 1 and then Roll for it. That's the way to conserve your hard earned DKP. Being a casual raider, not always there on time(children and wife) and miss a week at a time here and there. I still seem to keep my DKP high with this method.
Good luck on the conservation my friends. It is tough not to spend on this gear.

Now in Elrico's defense, I think we should take a look at how high you can raise the bid. Heck if I wanted an item bad enough I would burn all my hard earned DKP. That would also allow more lower tiers to get primo loots first as it is hard for high tiers to pay, say, 35 dkp for something knowing how many raids it takes to build that up.

To be conservative I do think personally that we might wanna look at raising the level someone can raise to around 20 DKP. Even the higher tiers will defer sometimes if they know someone wants that piece bad enough to burn all thier dkp.

Just a thought,
Zan da man
Culdahl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zanman wrote:
I have to say I'm on the same page with Kalakob Laughing I tend to save my dkp till the upgrades hit 1DKP and roll on them. Have gotten lucky and won several like that. It's a waiting game and on the minor upgrades I always wait and hope everyone else will wait and bring the DKP price down to 1 and then Roll for it. That's the way to conserve your hard earned DKP. Being a casual raider, not always there on time(children and wife) and miss a week at a time here and there. I still seem to keep my DKP high with this method.
Good luck on the conservation my friends. It is tough not to spend on this gear.

Now in Elrico's defense, I think we should take a look at how high you can raise the bid. Heck if I wanted an item bad enough I would burn all my hard earned DKP. That would also allow more lower tiers to get primo loots first as it is hard for high tiers to pay, say, 35 dkp for something knowing how many raids it takes to build that up.

To be conservative I do think personally that we might wanna look at raising the level someone can raise to around 20 DKP. Even the higher tiers will defer sometimes if they know someone wants that piece bad enough to burn all thier dkp.

Just a thought,
Zan da man

Honestly, I think that will hurt the lower tiered folks more than the higher tiered folks......those with high tiers get that way because they raid 99% of the time, so we can rebuild DKP quickly when we spend it. If the lower folks start trying to bid us out of an item they will waste ALL of their DKP on ONE upgrade while also taking longer to rebuild said DKP...if *I* pay 20 DKP for something I would build it back faster than most, so it hurts me much less in the long run (especially considering how infrequently I bid on stuff).

If anything, the cap protects people with less DKP from being overcharged and not being able to build DKP for the future.
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree. Time and again I have seen lower tier'd folks get frustrated with saving DKP and/or getting frustrated from always getting outdone by higher tiered folks as they are building those DKP and suddenly bid 10 points for an item. Three weeks later that item will be going for 3 points or even 1 point. They've blown 2 -3 weeks of DKP, to get an item worth 3 points, a few weeks earlier then they would have normally.

Then the cycle begins again. Now they are even lower tiered then before and it takes them weeks to get back to where they were and suddenly another uber item drops and ......well you get the picture.

I've heard folks that have been low tiered AH'er for years complain about always being low tier and how the DKP system sucks. Yet some of the ubers I hear them complain about have been in AH half as long as the complainer. Its not hard to figure out something is awry with that picture

The 10 DKP limit is a safety cap that is there for very good reasons.
Divinax
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Elrico is on to something here, and should be considered carefully. First of all, it is indeed fair to folks that raid frequently and have been with AH for a long time. Higher tiers will beat out anyone bidding below them. Also, I would limit the "raise" to say 3-5% to discourage a lower tier from raising unnecessarily, with the normal winning bid costing 1-2%. Tweak the numbers as you see fit.

The current system works great when the group raids content consistently like Time. When new content is achieved, and the group moves through content fairly rapidly, then the lower tiers become foot soldiers for the higher tiers and become overly frustrated. If the group stays with less desireable content to give the lower tiers a chance to gear up, then the high achievers become bored and "drop out." Luckily, AH is blessed with several folks that come day in and day out for the love of it.

Here's an example, AH moved through Ikky 1-4 to achieve keys to the higher content. What about going back and farming some of those, especially KoA for the loot? It's obvious why not - risk/reward is not favorable. Yet, the loot is desirable and the foot soldiers provided the means to get it, as well as the keys to higher progression. This is only an example, and the same may be true for other content.

As for me, loot is a necessary evil. Its the content, and the opportunity that AH provides to experience it that I personally like. AH doesn't owe members any loot - join a raiding guild if that is what you grave, in my opinion. However, it's a fact that many members of AH don't have the opportunity to raid the content that AH does, so AH is the only means for obtaining the good stuff that drop in AH raids. Therefore, it's important for the DKP system to be relatively balanced without a large have/have not spread.
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont quite see your point. one could have said that for PoTime when we first did it since it was some of the best loot that we had seen to that point.

eventually PoTime will become not worth it we will either settle into Tacvi and/or CoA with other loot targets on the side, once we are done there who knows; demi-plane/deathknell?

but the first pick of loot always goes to the folks at the top of the DKP because their time raiding compared to the loot won set them higher. the "Foot soldiers" will get equiped. imo the more patient they are more they save early on (ie dont try to be the first in AH to get it) wait for the point cost to settle down a bit.

If higher tiers keep winning loot over you just look at it as catchup time. you WILL get equiped or WE wont progress. thats how raiding works.

(i cant put enough emphasis on this guys if you are lower tier get the BIGGEST bang for your DKP you can, seriously)
Karrmma
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno, sometimes it annoys me when I lose out. But quite frankly AH is one of the best DKP systems I have seen. On the other side of the coin though....while the higher tiers are fighting over first loot drops the "footsoldiers" are gaining DKP. Hell I didnt get a drop for months and all of a sudden, im tier 21 and do have a chance.

You cannot have a raiding organisation withought DKP because.. there is no possible reason for people to do 1.5 raids yet people still need them done. So how do you get them done? Offer DKP. This goes for all things, there are many things out there that donot drop things that all people want. Rolling is by far the dumbest thing ever outside of groups.

Guess what im saying is everyone could easily raise their DKP, dont get into the bidding wars and bide your time. Its not like we dont farm the crap outta everything

Most important thing EVER. Its in everyones best interest to get the entire force geared up. Better gear all around means easier farming of content... hell think about AH 6 months ago before we started farming the crap outta Time.

I sooooo want Shyras hat though Twisted Evil we gotta figure out how to kill that witch
Donielae
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: gotta say something Reply with quote

Been watching the chatter over DKP for several days now and even tho I'm unable to get in to raid with AH, I was hard core (I want back dkp for all those times I sat for an hour or more waiting for everyone else to show up ha ha)
Anyway - on the DKP issue. It is as it is because you get rewarded for being there pure and simple. The more you go, the more you get. You save your pennies and you gets your toys. Then you keep going after you get your toys so others can get the toys too. After everyone gets something, then you move on.
Why are you whining about people who have been onboard since the beginning having first shot at the first loot from a key kill in a new encounter? Come on.
DKP works to the benefit of everyone. Lotto sucks - especially for people like me - I roll because someone else is gonna win whatever it is that's up. I also don't believe that much in NBG - I have seen that abused beyond reason and people like me who have a guild that doesn't raid and is at the mercy of the possibilty of a decent drop in a place like WoS (god forbid but it's a good example) for runes that I needed a while back - in a group that swore it was NBG - group member gets the rune I need and next thing I know, that person is on trade mode in bazaar and guess what's there? For an outrageous sum.
Get off the kick about wanting to change the DKP and show up for the raids - so what if it takes you six months to get something - you'll eventually get it. I know - I finally got the bridgekeepers britches and some really cool thing from one of the planes gods. Once you have the number of raids under your belt that Wend and Vudu have you'll see what saving your DKP means.
Till then just hush and get with it.

God I miss being at the raids....stop slamming the process - it WORKS. And it HAS worked for a LONG time before you ever came in to AH. You want something better - go find another raiding organziation that will do it your way. Leave Kor and company alone! Mad

*gets off her soapbox and mutters some really bad words*
Donie
Elrico
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have completely missed the point I am trying to make Donie.

The point is that with the current system, those who are in the top tiers will always and forever hold tier domination over anybody who joins AH as a new member. The potential exists for a person to legitimately, consistently, and frequently obtain loot that would be desired by multiple members with no foreseeable end to that privelege. This would be especially true as we explore new areas, such as PoTime and hopefully soon CoA, GoD, and more.

This is not such a big deal as long as two premises that both you and Culdahl have mentioned.

First, everyone will "eventually" get a shot at the loot.

Second, "After everyone gets something, then you move on."

Like I said, I was not goign to mention this at all till I saw the discussion about leaving PoT. If both premises above are held true, then life is good. But if these premises are not upheld, then there IS a problem and I have no hesitation voicing my opinion as a member of AH.

Up until now, this has been a calm and civil discussion regarding a topic that can get very heated. I did in fact discuss this first with Korinne more than 4 weeks ago. I knew this would be a can of worms when I opened it, but sometimes you need to do just that in order to facilitate improvements.

If it is your opinion "that it is as it is" and I should "hush and get with it", and their is no possibility of a rational discussion of the topic or real consideration of making any changes, then that attitude would be exactly what would push me toward doing precisely as you suggest.

*tries to find something nice to say about Donie... but can't think of anything since I don't know her at all*

Rich
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, i think i see what you are getting at.

a couple more pennies for thought.

At whatever point we are capable of raiding something higher (better loot on a better scale than "uber_raidspot_01," dkp spend in said spot seems like a monumental waste of DKP (draining even more those at lower tier preventing them from accumulating more at that) to me.

you really dont have to get every upgrade for every slot - just porioritize slots (edit: that need upgraded the MOST) if we move beyond the raid that droped what you want, find the next best one from what we are currently raiding.

If you do feel you are shortchanged the longer you raid without loot the better chance you have at getting loot. If you plan to keep progressing with AH the worst thing you can do for yourself is to stop raiding because you dont like the loot system (note i said for yourself, but it also wont help AH as a whole to not have you).

P.S. im not a fan of DKP shrug if we were to modify the current system id suggest a decay probabaly- i dont know. but it has worked for quite awhile, the paradigm is not prone to shift.
Mercenarie
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I don't have a problem with DKP systems in general. They are there to reward the faithful, and, no matter what system is in place, it will not please everyone. I'm all for tweaking things, and maybe the DKP system can be improved. However, I don't know if going to a percentage system would be the way to do it.
In real life, we all pay sales tax at the same percentage rate for our area. It's a fair system. If you buy a Rolls Royce you will pay more tax than the person that buys a Honda Civic. But here's the catch, the person that buys the Rolls is also earning money at a MUCH greater percentage than the other person. That's where that differs from what happens in AH. Here, EVERYONE earns the same hourly wage, so to speak. Some people just put in more hours and wait for the sales. Those that are in the higher tiers, should not have to be penalized just because they have more. If they have more DKP than someone else, but make the same "hourly wage" it's not really fair to them. It took them just as long to earn that DKP as it would take anyone else to earn it. (Keep in mind that I am only Tier 9.) And I don't like simply rolling on items because I RARELY win rolls.
What I would like to see is the chance to stay in a zone until I can get the upgrades I need. For example, the Gauntlets of Disruption from P2 would be a HUGE upgrade for me. And I'm just getting to a point where I may have a chance at the the bp from RZ. However, if we keep getting new people all the time, then we risk the chance of progressing too slowly.
It seems to me that the biggest concern is that the higher tiered players get there stuff and are ready to move on, while the lower tiered people miss out on badly needed upgrades. Although I have seen that happen in some guilds, I don't believe for a minute that that is the case with AH. But if anyone has that perception, I can certainly understand how that could be frustrating. Now, I don't know if this would be a viable option, but instead of going after the high tiers and effectively penalizing them for all the hours they have put in, maybe we can add a raid night to go after some of the upgrades needed by the lower tiers in order to catch them up to the rest of the group. I know there are many that can use a lot of upgrades from Time. I myself have won 4 upgrades despite my low tier level, but could still benefit greatly with a couple more drops. I, like many others, would just like the chance to keep going back to certain zones so that we can get those pieces. In the meantime, I'll just keep going to raids and punchin the clock. =) 'Nuff said.
Culdahl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elrico wrote:
I think you have completely missed the point I am trying to make Donie.

The point is that with the current system, those who are in the top tiers will always and forever hold tier domination over anybody who joins AH as a new member. The potential exists for a person to legitimately, consistently, and frequently obtain loot that would be desired by multiple members with no foreseeable end to that privelege. This would be especially true as we explore new areas, such as PoTime and hopefully soon CoA, GoD, and more.

This is not such a big deal as long as two premises that both you and Culdahl have mentioned.

First, everyone will "eventually" get a shot at the loot.

Second, "After everyone gets something, then you move on."

Like I said, I was not goign to mention this at all till I saw the discussion about leaving PoT. If both premises above are held true, then life is good. But if these premises are not upheld, then there IS a problem and I have no hesitation voicing my opinion as a member of AH.

Up until now, this has been a calm and civil discussion regarding a topic that can get very heated. I did in fact discuss this first with Korinne more than 4 weeks ago. I knew this would be a can of worms when I opened it, but sometimes you need to do just that in order to facilitate improvements.

If it is your opinion "that it is as it is" and I should "hush and get with it", and their is no possibility of a rational discussion of the topic or real consideration of making any changes, then that attitude would be exactly what would push me toward doing precisely as you suggest.

*tries to find something nice to say about Donie... but can't think of anything since I don't know her at all*

Rich

Two things you're missing here:

1) Your premise that those with high tiers will always be above everyone else is simply not true...because I have rolled on several drops in time and shyra MANY people have either caught me and/or passed me in DKP (take a look if you don't believe me...I was a good 25 tiers above the next plate class a few months ago). If you raid regularly and you save your DKP for the right drops, you WILL catch the higher tiered folks (with wend and other raiding guild equipped toons as exceptions, but that's a moot point because they NEVER bid on anything..they're here for the fun and companionship).

2) The high tiered folks aren't the ones wanting to move on from time.....you'll notice WE showed up this past wednesday to raid time. It was the lowered tiered folks who don't see as much value or think their time is better spent elsewhere which is forcing our hand to reduce the # of times we raid that zone. If we didn't have to struggle to beat P1 due to lack of #'s we wouldn't be having this discussion.....simply put, if you all still want time loot than say so and show the hell up for the raids:-) We will not be trying time again without 40ish people...if we have less we're moving on to something else, period.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, but I'm not going to lead P1-P3 with a smallish raid force just because people would rather wait until night #2 where they get greater benefits from time spent.

The funny part in all this is that it seems people are pointing fingers at folks like me, when I'm showing up for these raids despite not needing any gear, yet, no fingers are being pointed at the folks who are not showing up because they'd rather leave the tedious shit to people like me. That's some messed up priorities imo.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like I should say something here.

I just want to say that yes Rich had sent me this proposition a while back and I had no issues with him posting it here.

That being said....please do not personally attack someone for bringing up what they feel is a great idea. (Donie, I appreciate the support you have always given me but please be nice too.)

I find it extremely educational to read all the input and posts here. As long as it is kept in the tone that it was meant to be, please continue discussion as you see fit.

/hugs

P.S. - Culdahl is the sexiest man alive and we should all listen to him.

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Culdahl

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Korinne wrote:
I feel like I should say something here.

I just want to say that yes Rich had sent me this proposition a while back and I had no issues with him posting it here.

That being said....please do not personally attack someone for bringing up what they feel is a great idea. (Donie, I appreciate the support you have always given me but please be nice too.)

I find it extremely educational to read all the input and posts here. As long as it is kept in the tone that it was meant to be, please continue discussion as you see fit.

/hugs

Stop ruining my pissing contests!!!11!!1!

P.S. - Being able to edit other people's posts = l33t, lol.
Korinne
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Culd you are such a bastage! /bonk /bonk /bonk Mad Mad Mad

I do have to say you have a damn good point about the people that did show up for P1. If you look at the roster, it was those high tiered people that showed up.

Oh BTW....If it means anything to anyone....we are STILL DOING TIME! Wink Wink Wink Wink

Korinne Neverfound, Lost Druid of Norrath
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fun fact in the begining of april i had 5.8ish dkp or tier 2. now i have tier 24 at some 71+ dkp. havent got an awful lot of upgrades but ive passed on alot of minor ones and waited for the ones i have wanted after that point to drop to 1 dkp (epic excluded)

Hunting in RSS for your runes or waiting for rune price to drop is gonna help you too, i must admit i am VERY suprised when i see somene with less than 15 dkp spending 5 dkp for a rune that will be out of date as soon as they get a few more levels. [granted not all of us may have TSS, but still 33% (edit: of your current) dkp for a rune you can hunt in a group is a little much imo]

Last edited by Kalakob on Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: