Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 261
Members: 0
Total: 261
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - GREAT job last night guys
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

GREAT job last night guys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject: GREAT job last night guys Reply with quote

Yes, I know they were both failures, BUT...

We were still learning both encounters. Also, we had far less then the maximum you could bring to the events. I think one more group and we could have won the dragon, possibly the other guy.

Everyone really did a great job, especially of taking everything in stride and not getting upset on the wipes. I also am learning these myself, and trying to remember how to raid. It's been awhile!

So anyways, I think we should definitely return to these encounters with a few more people and some more levels under our belts and give'em some payback.

RAWR

Edit: Sorry a couple more things I wanted to add. As a beastlord, I was able to keep my pet alive the entire fight with feral guard. It wasn't even very hard. Also, I was able to help my healers by having potions. I encourage everyone to have some of the HoT potions set in their belts for raids. That is all!
Sorcier
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just like to say I had fun on these raids especially Rikk the Defender. That was a great challenge and a fun fight imo. We hung in there a very long time and came sooooo close (I think I saw 10% maybe was 20% before I was summoned). I say let's give'em some payback!

Sorcier
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to bump this up because we went back and totally owned the Adaptation trial. I think we only had like 1-2 deaths. Everyone did a really great job. We also killed Titanothing, a new mob who dropped pretty decent loot. We will be revisiting him I am sure.

We will be going back to defeat Rikk soon, maybe Friday if we have the numbers. Keep up the good work everyone.
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocking work on adaptation all, wish I could have been there, but I was sitting at home screaming into a towel while dealing with a persistent migraine Sad

Looking forward to anguish, we're just a bit less than half way!
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, Friday was another good day. We did the Corruption trial and got some good loot and flags for those who had missed it earlier. We also had some revenge on Rikkukin the Defender (now deceased).

We are halfway to Anguish. Next week we will see if we can win at a new trial. I think Specialization is going to be the next one to fall. We also will be setting our sights on Kessadona, who is another dragon that should die. I mean, what else are dragons for?

Our biggest challenge is going to be Foresight, and I am going to post a strat for that one so people can read it ahead of time.

I will see you all next week and I hope you had fun at this weeks raids.
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shieara wrote:

Our biggest challenge is going to be Foresight, and I am going to post a strat for that one so people can read it ahead of time.

I will see you all next week and I hope you had fun at this weeks raids.

I agree completely on that observation!

It's one of the reasons why, even though we did get the Rikk kill, I'm not too excited about relying on the MT to position the mob so that the raid can avoid the various emote effects.

For those that aren't aware, Foresight trial has a series (like 7+?) emotes that are sent to each character, and each character gets a random emote.

Each emote requires you to do something different, like stop attacking, take off rings, move to a certain part of the room, etc. To top it off, for each person that dies during the trial, the emotes come faster and faster.

With this in mind, each person must have their UI set up so that they can immediately see an emote, and be able to respond to it very quickly. Failure to properly respond to an emote won't just get that player killed, but will also cause the rest of the raid to get emotes even faster. A friend of mine said that after just a couple of raid deaths, he was getting multiple emotes literally at the same time, and having to try to do multiple things at once.

Again, in my personal opinion, our strategies for both the General (/rs DUCK NOW!) and Rikk (MT positioning the mob), while effective for that encounter are probably leading us down a path of relying on others, which will cause problems in foresight. Now that we're familiar with Rikk, and farming General, it might be a good practice to start letting individuals deal with their own emotes.
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tend to agree. uhhh.... yeah anyway

there are 4 "zone" emotes to go to a certain part of the room and several kyv(individual) emotes that say they are trying to shoot you- and you have to either move duck or stay still depending on what the emote tells you to do.

(the rings weapon emote didnt bother me at all - i just removed my rings and primary in advance)

after less than a minute 1-3 people had died and i got 2 emotes at once saying to both stay where you are (kyv) and a room emote saying go to the south. i froze up actually. but after folks die it gets significantly harder. thats what it boils down to

(btw a bandolier with primary empty would be a fairly easy option for melee)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: