Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 212
Members: 0
Total: 212
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Ashengate Access
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Ashengate Access

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:15 pm    Post subject: Ashengate Access Reply with quote

Lets talk about this a bit.

Ashengate is a high level locked zone that is made accessable via a quest called Ashengate Seal #2: The Approach details of which can be found here: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3669

It has a multitude of single group quests that lead to some pretty nice loot; an example of which is:

Cloak of the Elder Drake
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE
Slot: BACK
AC: 21
STR: +16 DEX: +16 STA: +16 WIS: +16 INT: +16 AGI: +16 HP: +265 MANA: +265 ENDUR: +265
SV FIRE: +18 SV DISEASE: +18 SV MAGIC: +18 SV POISON: +18
Stun Resist: +3%
Recommended level of 75. Required level of 71.
Focus: Nhyalea's Fury
WT: 1.3 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL
Race: ALL
Slot 1, Type 7

I understand Ashengate access is also required to do the turnins for Rk. III spells (which i doubt we will be seeing any of for quite awhile).

The quest is short and simple. There are 4 outposts. Each outpost has a pretty doggone tough boss and about 4-6 adds. Kill the boss and you get the drop for that outpost. 6 drops per boss. Turn in a drop from all 4 bosses to the quest NPC and you get a clicky item that lets you make it into Ashengate.

The bosses ARE single groupable but really only if your in a really excellent group. I've seen a raid of 20 get half wiped out (yes they were a bit sloppy but still). Realistically I don't see most of our members in AH getting all the drops from single grouping. At least not in a timely manner.

As a result I am thinking of forming a raiding party for offnights when we don't raid. Its not an official AH raid so it wouldn't go by our DKP system and would be open roll for all that attend. We would probably have to do it several nights for everyone to complete the quest (you don't have to have the quest before looting the items) but want to make sure there is enough interest before I go to the trouble of arranging this event.

Soo....what say you?
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd certainly be up for this as long as I'm not raiding!
Olidan
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be up for it, whether Zenshiss is raiding or not! Cool
Little Angry Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be happy to help with this, if I happen to be online Shocked
Mercenarie
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun. Count me in.
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright well, lets tentatively set a date and time of this Sunday, November 12th at 10:00 pm eastern time (7:00 pm pacific).
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memememememememememe
Gravidon
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My usual group of Inish, Finbaar, Threep, Strath, Versuvious, and myself were unable to take down the Blademaster alone. We were lvl 70 at the time, yet, even at 75, I think it would be a close encounter. I'd give us a 50/50 chance. We were able to take him out with a group of 8 without much trouble with just Inish on heals. The others are manageable with a well balanced group. The witch is the only one that really has a trick to the encounter. She spawns 3 skellies that were hitting me for 1600(quads) each. There were alot of misses, but the potential on their DPS is nasty! These need to be controlled asap. The witch is HIGHLY trivial, hitting up to (but rare) 2k per swing. Most of the hits that she dealt were in the 400 range. VERY easily manageable. Once the skellies are under control, the witch needs to be burned down as more skellies will spawn if she is not. The other 3 boss mobs iirc are pretty much just straight fights. If I am online and there is anyone that needs these, just send a tell and I"'l be more than willing to help out.

Grav
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in!

Wow! Now I know what that thingy I got of unknown usage from that mob Wend had our group hitting and wiping on a couple times when TSS first came out. Shocked Shocked

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Divinax
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definately up for this. However, I've a question - looting one or two of these drops does you no good - you need them all to get the Seal. How do you propose to select the 6 peeps that will get to loot the drops to obtain the Seal? If you propose to /random each boss' drop, then you potentially have 24 people with 1/4 of the quest done. If someone has 3 of the 4 drops, will they get priority to loot their final one?

Great idea to do this; let's set the ground rules first is all I ask.
Eirrica
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be interested in doing this. I've been there a few times, and it would be nice not to have to sacrifice the group member to get passed 'em.

... unless it's Sulsil Idea ..... jk Embarassed

Kelset
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add to what Gravidon said, 3 out of the 4 are fairly straight forward you just need to be aware of flurries, enrages and aoe rampages depending on which one you are fighting. I've tanked those 3 with a 2550 ac Paladin wth around 13.5k hitpoints and a druid and cleric for heals. With healers doing fast heals the enrage seemed deadliest, especially when you box and are a little slow on the alt-tab Smile

To answer Vdaen's question I would concentrate on the witch and get as many of those drops as you can. The respawn is 30 minutes so you can kill the witch and then kill one or two of the others, go back to the witch and kill one or two others etc. We watched two Club Fu groups do it and basicialy they used a bard to separate and kill the adds and then burned down the witch. As fast as they killed it they still had two spawns of the 3 skeletons. A poster on Alla's says they spawn at percentages of health but from witnessing that fight I would say its a timer. Originally we tried to switch to the skele's and kill them based on the Alla''s info but thats definately not the tactic. CC the adds and burn the witch. The adds are rootable and mezzable but I haven't tried the 74 ae mez on them yet as my enchanter is still 73. With a couple of chanters from AH I would imagine the fight will be much easier. One other thing, the guardians around the named have about a 15 min timer.

If you can get most people the witch drop, its much easier to get a group to do the others since all you'll need is a good tank, a slower and a couple healers with a various mix of the other classes.

As a side note one of the easiest quests in Ashengate is the one that rewards the Orb of Mystic Furry (50hp/mana/end attack 15, ft3). It takes 30-45mins and a couple of invis potions if you can easily get past the guardians Smile It's a two parter that starts with Gygun's Last Request http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3826

edit: The first quest before you can get the the ashengate seal part is Ashengate Seal #1 The Gray Legion. Easily doable by most groups just have to split or control the adds. http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3607
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If someone has 3 of the 4 drops, will they get priority to loot their final one?

Well that seemed to make more sense but there is a problem. You see the witch drop is the only one I need which would give me priority over most.

People are sensitive to such things when SL's and leaders seem to get priority on stuff so I am happy to just do /random. No chance of any controversy that way.

The respawn on the named btw is about an hour so odds are decent by the time we get done with the 4th outpost we can take a quick drink break and then do another run through.
Tribblelet
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Many Thanks Reply with quote

To those who came out tonight to help make this event a success. Special thanks goes to Ghraa for suggesting it, Xik for Pulling and Grav for MT'in.

Congrats to all who Got there Seal of Outpost, one - two - three & Four.
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to offer a big ol' thanks to everyone who came out for the raid last night. We did two rounds of Outpost slaying and got 48 drops in total. A quite a few folks had no drops going in and were completely flagged by the time we were done.

Like Trib said, a special thanks goes out to Xik and Gravidon for ensuring everything went smoothly last night.

GRATS to all who are now Ashengate flagged. Its a great experience zone and has numberous, well worth the time quests.

There were still a few folks that needed a drop or two to finish so I am thinking of doing another run soon. Xik for sure and I believe Haromeni. I will get with both and see when would be a good time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: