Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 195
Members: 0
Total: 195
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Happy Fun Day?
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Happy Fun Day?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ghraa
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:12 am    Post subject: Happy Fun Day? Reply with quote

Many guilds get together and do some one groupable but arduouse tasks as an organization to make them more fun and more efficient. Afterhours however is composed of many different guilds, some of which are hardly bigger then a group or two to begin with. As a result, some quests like "Ashengate Access" are a bit tough to complete. Since our turnout was so good for the "Ashengate Access" event we held over a month ago, I've been thinking of doing it and a few other fun and rewarding events in the near future.

One I am thinking of is the "Ancient Tomes" quest from Valdeholm. Now I know this is a one groupable (and in a few cases soloable) quest but its hardly easy for reasons other then the level of mobs.

The quest involves looting either (4) Torn Pages, (3) Tattered Scrolls, or (2) Brittle Parchements and combining them in a container. The trick is there are different flavors of each and you cannot use one or more of the same flavor. For instance, if you cast identify on the Brittle Parchements, there is a "Political" and a "Social" parchement and getting two of the same will not work. You can tell the flavors apart without using identify in any given set because even though they might have the same name the icon used for each is just a bit different.

You get the tomes from the Gnoll camp in "The Steppes". The Gnolls are all light blue at level 75. Easy enough right? Well the arduouse part is the drops are all fairly rare and even if you get a drop most people have trouble getting juuuuust the right tome to finish a set. In my own case I got (3) different Torn Pages, (2) different Tattered Scrolls and (1) Brittle Parchement with many many many duplicates before I ever got the one last tome I needed to finish a set. This was incredibly wasteful of me to loot so many rare tomes that I eventually destroyed once one of my sets was completed. Very wasteful of my time too.

Soooo where am I going with this? Well I propose that any one interested meet in "The Steppes" on Sunday 21st of January at 6:00 P.M. Eastern Time and we will raid the various light blue Gnolls for an hour or so. All loot will be /randomed and priority will be given to folks who are lacking just one tome to finish a set.

Hopefuly we can help some of our members to finish this quest and others well on their way to getting it started.

By the way, why go to so much trouble? Well the reward is:

Runed Diamond
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO TRADE AUGMENTATION
Augmentation type: 7 8
Slot: HEAD FACE EAR NECK SHOULDERS ARMS BACK WRIST RANGE HANDS PRIMARY SECONDARY FINGER CHEST LEGS FEET WAIST
HP: +50 MANA: +50 ENDUR: +50
Recommended level of 73. Required level of 66.
Focus: Mana Preservation VI
WT: 0.0 Size: TINY
Class: ALL
Race: ALL

If you have not started the quest and would like to do so, more information can be found here: http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3715

If you have trouble getting the quest, just post and I will tell you how using rogue shrouds. Also, you don't need to start the quest before doing your collecting. You can start if afterward.

This is a non-official AH Raid btw so no DKP earned but loot won't cost anything either. Simple /random with priority for those who need just one tome.

If there is enough interest in this event then perhaps we can make it and other Happy Fun Days a semi-permanent thing. With a bit of luck we might even have enough time and interest to either do another "Ashengate Access" run afterward or perhaps even just zone in and explore Ashengate for a few hours as a force.

I hope to see you there.
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like fun, I will try to be there. Smile

I'm kinda hoping for another Ashengate Fun Day as well since I'm lacking only one seal to finish.

Have Fun!
Ardnasc
Ladile
Little Angry Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless something comes up, I should be able to make Happy Fun Day Laughing

As an aside, I like ideas like these because they are not only productive (and fun), but the more AH plays together, we can become a closer, better-working unit (by my way of thinking).
Zenshiss
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be very interested for my cleric, and would bring my monk for dps Smile

Up to y'all on that, although once I get my cleric seals done I can bring for anguish raids when I'm able to raid and we are short on clerics. I box him regularly in our chains in Meiyo now, and he's poTime/TSS quest armor geared, so not particularly gimpy.
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im happy that smaller group type things are being planed for non raid nights Smile we have done that in the past often less formally and have had alot of fun doing it. i do have one question however...
how many people would be availble if we did something non official on monday nights???? i usually am free then Smile
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: