Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 247
Members: 0
Total: 247
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Rules Question
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rules Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xenamten
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:32 am    Post subject: Rules Question Reply with quote

i was just reading through the rules listed to find the answer to my question and didn't find it either because I'm to dence or its not there . either way my question is i have an alt loaded on here i know for boxing must be approved and such , but can i just raid with that alt , when he meets the requirements of course ?
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your planning on changing mains needs to be PMed to someone i think. if you just want to play them a bit need to get raid leader approval probably

(not definates bit its a starting point)
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The short answer is no.

The long answer is, you need to play your main on all raids unless the raid leader specifically asks you to play the alt (I did this the other night with Pragg, asking him to play his cleric). The only exception to this is if there is a consistent lockout issue, in which case you would need to pm me and we would discuss allowing you to use the alt for those specific raids as your main.

Now if you are wanting to change your main character that is a slightly different kettle of fish, and we can discuss that by pm also.

In either case don't pm me until you get the required level/aa because you need that before you can do anything.
Vudukitty
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:24 am    Post subject: re: Reply with quote

to add to what Shieara and Kalakob have posted:

Posted from the After Hours Info Page under the lootcode section:

*Exceptions to the "Main Only" clause of loot claims may be given to players who regularly exibit full competence and ability in playing two or more characters. Players seeking this exception must request it from AH leadership and be evaluated. Approval will result in a notification to the player and a full list of their approved alts will be added to a comprehensive list available to Raid and Squad Leaders. Denial will result in notification and a waiting period of six(6) weeks for reevaluation.

From the posting on Boxing under the Town Crier forum:

1. Anyone wishing to box a secondary character must first meet all level and aa requirements.
2. Once that is done, add the character as your alternate on the web site.
3. Then pm Shieara, Vudukitty, Culdahl, or Olidan that you wish to box on raids. They will confirm your request and add your name and your alts name to a list of approved boxers on the general forums.
4. After this is done you can bring your boxed character to raids.
5. If you wish to box another character, then you will need to again get the required levels and aa requirements and pm an officer (you cannot have more then one alt on the site however).
6. At that point, the officers will discuss how you have been doing boxing one toon, and either confirm or deny your request. If the request is denied, you have the right to ask why and an answer will be given. You can also reapply after two weeks.
7. If confirmed, you can now bring that character on raids.
8. If for some reason your performance is not up to specs or you are unable to perform your expected raid roles while you are boxing, you may be asked to no longer bring a boxed toon along. If this occurs, you can reapply to box after two weeks (where hopefully you have been practicing).
9. The raid leader reserves the decision to ask you to shelf your boxed toon for certain targets. Examples would be Foresight MPG trial, where boxing is just not a good idea.
10. You are eligable to use your dkp pool for your boxed alts. You are still limited to one item, one progression item, and one spell rune per night unless the items go to bonus or rot status.
11. Boxing is limited to members only. Applicants, if you wish to box make member status first. Once we have seen your skill level with one toon then we can start to consider another.

Under the changing a main character section under the Town Cryer forum:

1. You must inform AH leadership of your desire to change classes.

2. Your chosen new character must meet AH's minimum level, flagging and aa requirements before a change will be allowed.

3. You will be retain your dkp and be able to claim loot as normal with your new character.

4. Your piggy priority is the same as any other member. This means class need and seniority will be taken into account.

5. This is a once per lifetime change. Any other requests to change a main character will result in that character being treated as a new member of AH with the resulting loss of dkp.

6. Once you have switched your old character no longer has any loot rights, unless that character is specificially requested to raid by AH leadership due to having a needed key, etc. If requested by leadership you may use your dkp pool for either the old or new main (not both, you have to choose at the beginning of the raid).

7. All changes are subject to officer approval. We attempt to be flexible, but all requests may not be granted.

As you can see we have things posted for ppl to view. we have had incidents in the past that forced our hands to post this stuff.

As a general rule of thumb Alts are only to be used in cases of lockouts and special needs. We do not want to be gearing up everyones alts as this would take us even longer to progress thn it has already in some areas. We use the main only so that we get exceptional ppl playing the best of their characters all the time with us. As mentioned about the gearing up alts, once again we have this stuff posted because others have skirted the system and caused the need for this. This is one of those times when someone has ruined it for the rest of the world....

Vudu
xenamten
Newb

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ty , now just to get 100 or so aa's on the war =-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: