Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 145
Members: 0
Total: 145
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Sunday 3/16
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sunday 3/16

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Sunday 3/16 Reply with quote

I'd like to get a bunch of us together to work on getting the essences from the golems in Dragonscale for our crystalios flag.

For this you will need to complete your MMM key - Wend has been leading groups to get the parts needed for that so I hope a bunch of you are done or near done.

Second you will need to get the quest 'Beyond the Barrier' - clear out 4 container slots and collect the ground spawn crystal bases. Read up on the task on Alla's and be sure to get the sub tasks by talking to all 4 NPCs in Dragonscale . The Alla's quest entry is at http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zone.html?zstrat=540

Meet at the normal raid time in Dragonscale near the vendors next to the catapult.

edit: added link to quest

Last edited by Ardnasc on Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Vahlaura
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll help out where I can. I'm still lacking crystalos access, too.

I have access to MMM now, thanks much in part to Wendaen leading those document teams. But have yet to explore the mansion and thereby finish the quest.

At the moment, my bank is full of too much stuff. I can only accomodate for one free container slot at a time on my personal inventory. I expect this might slow me down a bit, but should still be able to complete the access.
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need all 4 slots open in order to do that part of the quest at any reasonable rate....each of the 4 "crystals" you pick up (ground spawns) are flagged as containers (unless you want to get one, go to the bank, get another, go to the bank, etc, etc....across several zones with no banker near by). Once you do that portion, however, you can bank the 4 containers as you collect the golem pieces in DS, but you'll need to do combines in each one in order to finish the task.
Wendaen
Oh Silent One

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are maps for the containers (i suggest getting the dragonscale and loping planes container first so know what to look for):

Dragonscale

Loping Plains

Hills of Shade

Meldrath's Majestic Mansion

Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the attacks on Alla's continue Sad I have posted the entry below:

Access to Crystallos: Beyond the Barrier
Quest Started By: Description:
Where:
Dragonscale Hills

Who:
Aring
Jashy
Tonas
Vesiss

Information:
Rating: Unrated (0.00)
Level: 80
Monster Mission: No
Repeatable: No
Quest Type: Task
Quest Goal:
Advancement
Experience

Quest Items:
Clear Crystal Base
Cloudy Crystal Base
Glowing Crystal Base
Light Blue Crystal Base
Master Crystal Base
Oil Stained Crystal

Related Zones:
Crystallos, Lair of the Awakened
Hills of Shade
Loping Plains
Meldrath's Majestic Mansion

Related Creatures:
Laiyken

Related Quests:
Exploring Crystallos
Our Lost Brother - A Clear Crystal
Our Lost Brother - A Cloudy Crystal
Our Lost Brother - A Glowing Crystal
Our Lost Brother - A Light Blue Crystal
Our Lost Brother - Find the Container I
Our Lost Brother - Find the Container II
Our Lost Brother - Find the Container III
Our Lost Brother - Find the Container IV
The Search for the Ultimate Story (Meldrath Mansion Access)

Era:
Recommended:
Group Size: Solo
Min. # of Players: 1
Max. # of Players: 1
Appropriate Classes:
All

Appropriate Races:
All

Entered: Tue Nov 27 10:35:50 2007
Modified: Thu Feb 14 06:35:43 2008
0 people have rated this quest
This is the task that must be completed in order to access Crystallos, Lair of the Awakened. To finish this task, you will also need access to Meldrath's Majestical Mansion.

For locations related to this task, see these maps:

"Beyond the Barrier" is the main task. It is obtained by speaking with one of the four siblings involved, all of whom are located in the Dragonscale Hills:

Aring: -25, +1815 (southwest alcove)
Jashy: +165, +375 (south area before brownies)
Tonas: +2200, -50 (middle of map)
Vesiss: +1860, +2275 (far midwest of map)

Each has the same dialogue:

You say, 'Hail, Tonas'

Tonas says 'Greetings _____. I pray that your days are [brighter] than mine, and I wish you well.'

You say, 'Brighter?'

Tonas says 'My heart is heavy with worry. I am here in these hills searching with my siblings for our lost brother. Our brother has always been rash and after a falling out with the rest of us he made his way here, alone. We have come to [search] for him for we fear what would happen if we did not.'

You say, 'Search?'

Tonas says 'My siblings and I all have a certain affinity for each other, one that is subtly magical in nature. No matter the distance we can always find each other. Or at least that was true until very recently, in the case of our brother. We sensed that he entered a stretch of hills in this area but he [vanished] from our sight sometime after. I cannot express to you the worry that this has caused us.'

You say, 'Vanished?!'

Tonas says 'In the south eastern area of this region there are strange prismatic hills of unknown origin. A strange substance has taken root there and pools of still prismatic liquid have collected in various locations. Beyond these hills is a barrier that we are unable to pass. It is our belief that our brother has somehow moved past this barrier and is [lost] to us now.'

You say, 'Lost?'

Tonas says 'Try as we might, my siblings and I are not strong enough to pierce this barrier, although we have divined a way that another might accomplish this feat, if that individual was stronger than we. Would you [dare] to try?'

You say, 'I'll dare'

Tonas says 'Excellent! To succeed you will need to assemble a ward that should provide you with the means to move beyond the barrier in the Prismatic Hills. Come, I will show you one of the small tasks you must perform to accomplish this feat. My siblings and I will each have such a task for you and when you have accomplished each the deed will be done. I beg of you to find our brother and bring back word of his health!'

You have been assigned the task 'Beyond the Barrier'.

(You are also assigned one of the 'Our Lost Brother - Find the Container' tasks.)

Locate Tonas and help him with the task of obtaining the crystal base. Locate Vesiss and help him with the task of obtaining the crystal base. Locate Jashy and help him with the task of obtaining the crystal base. Locate Aring and help him with the task of obtaining the crystal base.

Help Tonas by obtaining the Clear Crystal Base 0/1 (Dragonscale Hills)

This step updates when you pick up a Clear Crystal Base, a container groundspawn in Falrazim's cave in the Dragonscale Hills (marked on this map).

If you do not have the task Our Lost Brother - Find the Container I from Tonas, you can get it by saying the keyword "dare". While you MUST pick up the container, the sub-task itself isn't actually required for Crystallos access. It is only necessary to spawn some named golems later on.

Help Vesiss by obtaining the Cloudy Crystal Base 0/1 (Loping Plains)

This step updates when you pick up a Cloudy Crystal Base, a container groundspawn in the Loping Plains (marked on this map -- location -100.24, -2703.64, 334.74 in a minotaur cave - entered along the steep cliffs just west of the Steamfont Mountains zone).

If you do not have the task Our Lost Brother - Find the Container II from Vesiss, you can get it by saying the keyword "dare". Again, while you MUST pick up the container, the sub-task itself is not required.

Help Jashy by obtaining the Glowing Crystal Base 0/1 (Hills of Shade)

This step updates when you pick up a Glowing Crystal Base, a container groundspawn in the Hills of Shade (marked on this map -- in the undead caves in the southwestern part of the zone - the container is in the same 'room' with Bimbalicus the Soulbleeder).

If you do not have the task Our Lost Brother - Find the Container III from Jashy, you can get it by saying the keyword "dare". Again, while you MUST pick up the container, the sub-task itself is not required.

Help Aring by obtaining the Light Blue Crystal Base 0/1 (Meldrath's Majestic Mansion)

This step updates when you pick up a Light Blue Crystal Base, a container groundspawn in the graveyard of Meldrath's Majestic Mansion (marked on this map). The quickest way to get here is through the entrance from the Steam Factory. Head straight through a door, all the way down the hallway. The door at the end leads to the graveyard. As most mobs see invis and are high density, you will need either a very solid group, a small raid, or a Divine Aura cast upon you to train your way through.)

If you do not have the task Our Lost Brother - Find the Container IV from Aring, you can get it by saying the keyword "dare". Again, while you MUST pick up the container, the sub-task itself is not required.

Continue to help Tonas by creating the Clear Crystal

This step updates when you combine the Essence of Decay and Essence of Life in the Clear Crystal Base to produce a Clear Crystal.

For more details, see the sub-task Our Lost Brother - A Clear Crystal. This sub-task is not technically required, and is only used to spawn the named golems involved. As they each drop six essences, you don't have to have this task as long as someone else does.

NOTE: Essences can be pre-looted.

Continue to help Vesiss by creating the Cloudy Crystal

This step updates when you combine the Essence of Water, Essence of Thunder, and Essence of Arcana in the Cloudy Crystal Base to produce a Cloudy Crystal.

For more details, see the sub-task Our Lost Brother - A Cloudy Crystal. Again, this sub-task is not technically required.

Continue to help Jashy by creating the Glowing Crystal

This step updates when you combine the Essence of Fire and Essence of Icicles in the Glowing Crystal Base to produce a Glowing Crystal.

For more details, see the sub-task Our Lost Brother - A Glowing Crystal. Again, this sub-task is not technically required.

Continue to help Aring by creating the Light Blue Crystal

This step updates when you combine the Essence of Rage, Essence of Sadness, and Essence of Mana in the Light Blue Crystal Base to produce a Light Blue Crystal.

For more details, see the sub-task Our Lost Brother - A Light Blue Crystal. Again, this sub-task is not technically required.

Locate Laiyken 0/1 (Dragonscale Hills)

Laiyken is located at +1984, -1090, -362 in Dragonscale Hills. NOTE: You must have all four crystals on your to get the appropriate response. You will also receive a container, so have a slot ready.

You say, 'Hail, Laiyken'

Your task 'Beyond the Barrier' has been updated.

Laiyken says 'I see you have spoken to all of the others and now have the crystals. Place them within this container and you should have what you seek. Remember however, that as long as you are within the barrier you will need to keep the Prismatic Crystal with you. The only thing I ask of you in return is that you return to me once you have ventured past the prismatic barrier and have explored the area thoroughly.'

You have been assigned the task 'Exploring Crystallos'.

Receive Master Crystal Base, a 4-slot container. Combine the four crystals to produce a Primatic Crystal Charm. You now have access to Crystallos.

Explore Crystallos 0/1 (Crystallos, Lair of the Awakened)

Complete the sub-task Explore Crystallos.

Return to Laiyken with your discovery 0/1 (Dragonscale Hills)

You say, 'Hail, Laiyken'

Your task "Beyond the Barrier" has been updated.

Laiyken says 'Hmm, it would seem as though he is elsewhere. By now, you must know that the four individuals you have spoken to were the warders bound to Kerafyrm. I wonder if he has found the power to phase himself from our sight. The only other way I fear we may be able to locate him is by finding a crystal shard that he lost when he first arrived. Bring this shard back to me and I should be able to fashion you a more powerful charm to locate him.

Find the lost crystal of Kerafyrm 0/1 (Meldrath's Majestic Mansion)

An Oil Stained Crystal drops from Meldrath the Malignant himself. He drops six crystals per kill.

? ? ?

(Information about last task step and closing dialogues needed...)

Reward:
Experience
Access to Crystallos Raid Instances
Ardnasc
Titanium-Clad Pally Tank

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vahl (and anyone else in the same boat) for Cryst access you only need to complete the MMM key quest up to the point where you have the key configured and can zone in - the rest of that quest is for raid stuffs. We may work on that part later as needed. I did receive an update to the MMM explore part grabbing the crystal base from there.
Vahlaura
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. Guess it's time for me to make another "body bag" then... I'll make ready the night before and have four container slots open.

Btw, awesome work posting the info and maps everyone. Thank you, they'll help immensely.
xilraazz
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can get the drop from the golems without having the bases and can do the combines later. The 4 individual tasks for each of the bases are not needed in order to complete crystallos key'ing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: