Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 233
Members: 0
Total: 233
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - question
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Recruiting is encouraged and even rewarded via DKP. The only part of your message I would change is the correct website Wink
GenomeReseekwensed
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just don't overspam it, imho.

D.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel undecided about this because I only want nice, useful, and good playing people in AH. While general has such people (me for example!) it's also full to the brim of rude and childish idiots (keep your jokes to yourselves guys!).

Though at the same time, advertising isn't a bad thing so long as we still have a screening process at some point...which we do with the app system.

But then on the other hand, it's hard to tell an app they can't be a member...not because they screwed up, but because they have a terrible attitude.

I guess my overall opinion is I'd not mind, so long as it wasn't spammed, the address was accurate, and if the idea works in practice. In otherwords, if we start to get an influx bad folk, then probably best to quit advertise in the general channel!

(I don't have the authority to condone any of this btw remember, so you'll have to wait until someone senior rules on this.)
Tetrafluor
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its fine with me. I actually /ooc a message every once and a while in the guild lobby (maybe once a week) advertising. The app process filters the bad ones out. As it has turns out based on ratings, a good app is one that has a good attitude, is willing to learn, and knows their class. If any one of those is really bad the app will generally quit on their own or we'll can them. And yes, we have turned away apps that had really bad attitudes for that very reason.

The message I /ooc is as follows if you want to use it:

Code:
Want to raid but don't want to leave your guild? Don't think you can do Demi/TSS/PoR with your guild?  Don't like mandatory raid attendance requirements? After Hours Raiding (www.ahraiding.org) is recruiting all classes level 75 and up.

We are NOT a guild, we are NOT a replacement for a guild, and we are not open to everyone.  What we are is a large group of raiders committed to advancing through raiding.  For more info /tell or go to our website (www.ahraiding.org)

Our raids start at 11:00pm eastern US Time, 10:00pm central, 8:00pm pacific, Wednesday through Saturday, and sometimes Sundays.
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen the occaisional AH mention in general chat at least 1 a month for 1.5 years about. So far the sporadic advertising hasnt brought in tons of bad people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: