Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 251
Members: 0
Total: 251
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - New targets
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New targets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2008 11:18 pm    Post subject: New targets Reply with quote

I'd like people to suggest targets we haven't done before that they've seen or heard of that you think we might want to look into. Right now we're at about 25 people on wed/thur and 35-40 on fri/sat. Also, as a guide, Granite claw is something like an 8k hitter unshielded, and our DPS average is.... Impsi, fill in that blank for me pls.
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The night of your post -- we pulled 9.3 and 8.3 on Nightshade/Porthio respectively, and when we did maggot miester with reduced numbers we pulled 11.6

On older mobs like Keldovan in CoA with few fight mechanics we hit around 15k.

Our first sendaii win was a 7kdps.

Given new fight mechanics and whatnot -- Id say AH is doing 9 to 10.5k dps on average to most current targets (read demi/ToB) when turnout is high.

Last edited by Imp on Fri May 30, 2008 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tetrafluor
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, any new targets can be submitted through the raid-o-matic.

That way we have a list of targets readily accessible and sortable based on a number of parameters that are important for deciding what raids we can do for any given night.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nod's tetra is right, thats the right place to post suggestions. This thread would be good to discuss ideas though. The forums have been quiet and I'd like there to be a fresh dialog, especially as raid targets are a subject that everyone has an opinion on. I personaly know nothing about SoF targets.
Dashlen
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what it takes, but I am just gonna throw this out there. I would like to try out some ashengate OR frostcrypt.

It would seem progression wise to me. I will do a little more research as I am sorta sticking my foot in my mouth here.
laenyani
Officer

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: frostcrypt Reply with quote

I was saying/thinking same thing to ww dash. I think any movement forward would make ppl feel like we are doing something.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Elrico
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally Wwein, I would get some satisfaction if we spent some time finishing up some old targets that we have never gotten onto farm status or even beaten at all.

I know most have seen enough of CoA to make them sick, but we as AH have never killed OMM, right? Is the stuff OMM drops worthwhile anymore? Have we decided to just give up and move on?

And what about Vish... would be nice to get Vishimtar onto a farm status. Last attempt I attended, we had it to 1% before wipe. Let's get that done and everyone completed with the DoN progression. A lot of people would like to have that eye still also. And I think the loot is still pretty good.

I would also like to see us focus a bit more on Demiplane and get our epic 2.5 drops.

IMHO, I would suggest that we work on getting these two boss mobs of previous expansions onto farm status and then pick one or at most two other expansions to work on. As we get to the point where we are attempting or even farming the boss of those expansions, we can begin working on the next expansion.

My fear is that if we start just hitting random targets willy nilly from various expansion, yeah we may get some loot, but we really are not progressing anywhere.

Besides the general overall goals of what we want to accomplish, we need a specific plan of how we get there. That has been something that AH has been lacking for some time now. Exactly what that plan should be, I am in no position to say. Hopefully there are some among the AH officers and SL's that are more familiar with the raid zones for the later expansions and can offer their input as to what AH is capable of doing and what we need to do to get there.

I know it's corny, but I'll go ahead and say it...

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

One last thing, my hat off to you for stepping up and "volunteering" to help lead raids and then executing that task as you have been. I appreciate your vote of confidence you gave me in your earlier posts, but I just don't have the time to play some weeks, let alone do the research and groundwork to figure out targets, tactics, goals, and long term plans.

Cheers,

Rich
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EQ is pretty much structured that the a goal gets progressively harder the closer you get to it, until it becomes easier to start the next thing - tradeskilling, reaching lvl 80, progressive ranks of an AA etc etc. I think AH leaving boss mobs of expansions to persue the low tier bosses of the next expansion is a very natural move, reflecting the demishing returns of moving up through an expansion.

Having said that, I actually agree with you. I would very much like to kill OMM, and I'd love for everyone to get their vish flag too. Loot-wise the gear isn't cutting edge any more (though I doubt the gear will drop under 5dkp). But its also for the achievement, the fun, and the sense of having completed something in its entirety.

What I'm learning is that everyone has a different motivation for raiding, and it's a constant battle to keep everyone happy. That's really a side-effect of us all coming together from different backgrounds...some from raiding guilds while others play very casually. Thats exactly why I've been focusing very hard on finding out what everyone wants.

So your opinion is duly noted, as is dash's!

Keep the suggestions coming everyone.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:37 pm    Post subject: Targets for lower tiers Reply with quote

I've been doing a some hunting for targets for our lower tier folks.

Are the drops from Oblivion upgrades for anyone? Please feel free to send me a tell if you prefer too.
Wimpel
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:59 pm    Post subject: TSS targets Reply with quote

I like the idea of doing more tss progression. It seems like it could give good gear and an easier way to look for targets etc. I only have 1 more week of school then you will see me quite often in the raids once again Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: