Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 355
Members: 0
Total: 355
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Revamp zone drops
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Revamp zone drops

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Revamp zone drops Reply with quote

For those that still don't know, Lower Guk has started dropping some 350hp SoF-type gear! The mobs there are comparitively easy for the level of gear (Hits up to about 2k without defensives, and maybe 2.5k from named).

In otherwords, mobs as hard as LP/HoS trash, that drop demi gear.

The trash all have a chance of dropping plate/silk armor (same slots as the defiant armor), while the named drop revamped versions of the old Lguk drops, with cool clickies. As yet, no leather or chain armor have dropped from trash. Also plate drops outnumber silk by about 5:1.

The revamp continues until the first quarter of August. There's word that blackburrow will be getting a similar revamp too, though I don't know when.

Given that chain and leather were left out on the current revamp, I either expect this was a bug, or that those two categories will drop from the BB revamp.

Regardless though, this is great gear that many of you and your boxes will need. Lets use this period to get all the plate and silk wearers geared up! The named are also pretty common, so there's lots of drops for all too - Get Your Butts There!

Trash Examples:
Plate BP
Silk BP

Named Examples:
Overhaste clicky
All/all Helmet
BP for chain
Rogue-only weapon
SK-only weapon
Melee weapon
BP for leather
Another melee weapon
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

./emote Wwein killed me numerous times while gathering data for this post Sad

the gimp pally
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may go explore this weekend as a raid. We'll see!
xenamten
Newb

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shieara wrote:
We may go explore this weekend as a raid. We'll see!

you might piss alot of people off if you take a raid in there the zone has keep 50 ish people there even during non peek hours
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would not be the first time. Besides I doubt we will go unless its really small numbers (2-3ish groups).
Wimpel
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

raid in a group zone not a good idea imo
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some raid with AH for the loot, and some for other things like seeing new content and the raid dynamic. The debate about raiding group zones has been going on endlessly, and the bottom line is people have different interests, so it appeals to some, while bugging others.

But, as shieara says, sometimes we have few numbers and so we call off raids for the night. I think that it would without doubt be better to do somehting like this than call off the raid altogether. Even if we just kill trash for the random drops, you're looking at numerous free upgrades for numerous AHers.

Whether or not it gets chosen as a target during normal raid times, I'm certainly going to be organising a themed sunday raid of it this sunday (if I'm able to get on!). So if keep your eyes out for that!
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's really not enough spawns around to justify taking more than 1 group to do anything in there while contending with other people for camps. I was in a group last night camping Frenzied and was clearing Ghoul Sentinal camp and out to the safe hall area. We'd have cleared Hand, Arch Magus, and Ghoul Lord camps too if there wasn't already groups there.

Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this is all very true about the named, it isn't true of the trash. My group was killing there on monday, holding down the sav/cav/scribe camp. We had those names spawn and die maybe 5-10 times in the 6ish hours there. In that same period of time we looted 30-35 plate armor pieces, and about 5 silk pieces. So yes, the named stuff is a good % of the drops, but way way more loot comes from trash, so long as you're killing fast.

Most of the west side of lguk has no named, and is all uncamped. a couple of groups there could kill nonstop and we'd net a lot of gear. If a named camp does open up, all the better.

Since there's quite a bit of opposition to raiding there on a raid night, I'm putting lguk off unless numbers are too low to do anything else - its always better to get Something done, than call raiding off imo. That's why I'm going to run a raid there on sunday. I THOROUGHLY RECOMMEND PLATE/CASTERS TO ATTEND! All others will be very welcome, and hopefully we'll get to line our pockets as well as our raiders Smile
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
but way way more loot comes from trash, so long as you're killing fast.

That's the problem though, everyone in the zone was killing too fast. We cleared our named camps, and all the trash mobs in between us and the other camps. there was simply nothing left to pull without KS'ing the other groups.

And I don't wanna kill anything on live side since I'm too lazy to fix faction :p

Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BB revamp is happening the same patch that guk ends. It is also where you will be seeing the chain and leather that guk isnt dropping.
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Revamp zone drops Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:

SK-only weapon

Lol, and SOE wonders why EQ is failing:-) A weapon with less DPS than what a single group can get from an expansion from 4 years ago that is 1/3 the strength of current raid content?

They need to either close the gap between raiders and non-raiders or just stop devoting resources to group content!

Anywho, glad to see y'all are alive....I miss you, but I still like flinging poo at sony:-)
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well we did the mini raid of Lguk and it was a big success! I will certainly be doing more raids like this in the future. Here are the results:

11 Upgrades for AH Members
7 Upgrades for AH Boxed Clerics (inc. 1 Upgrade for App Cleric main)
9 Gravy loots
1 Cloth Cap, for Elaari's pet
2 Exp potions
2 New apps (including a cleric)

We had up to 24 raiders, and finished the night at about 17.

Probably due to my poorly explained loot rules, a couple of people won items they shouldn't have been eligible for, but I will keep better track of loot on the next raid to stop this from happening again.

The raid was at the Frenzy/Sentinel camp this week. The key to getting this camp was just to turn up early, before the raid was officially started, to save everyone waiting around for a camp to open up. So next week I'll be running the same raid, and again if anyone is able to be there a little earlier to claim a camp (even in the event of me not being able to get on early!) that would really help out.
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm game, even if you keep killing this gimp pally Cool

Elric, the gimp wanna be tank Mad
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Revamp zone drops Reply with quote

Culdahl wrote:
Wwein wrote:

SK-only weapon

Lol, and SOE wonders why EQ is failing:-) A weapon with less DPS than what a single group can get from an expansion from 4 years ago that is 1/3 the strength of current raid content?

They need to either close the gap between raiders and non-raiders or just stop devoting resources to group content!

Anywho, glad to see y'all are alive....I miss you, but I still like flinging poo at sony:-)

I agree, and you should see the 1HS thats a nice junk!
if you look in the loot the HP/Mana is Demi type but the AC still under CoA only nice thing for a tank that i found is this belt:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=75722

Is very nice if you dont have the Hanvar Hoop cuz stacks with all.
Lets see if BB drops a useful shield ...
Culdahl
Lord of the Assless Chaps (and officer)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:21 am    Post subject: Re: Revamp zone drops Reply with quote

Hasseo75 wrote:
Culdahl wrote:
Wwein wrote:

SK-only weapon

I agree, and you should see the 1HS thats a nice junk!
if you look in the loot the HP/Mana is Demi type but the AC still under CoA only nice thing for a tank that i found is this belt:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=75722

Is very nice if you dont have the Hanvar Hoop cuz stacks with all.
Lets see if BB drops a useful shield ...

Or you could just farm cryst for http://lucy.allakhazam.com/item.html?id=101803 I mean, why revamp a zone and not even make it on par with current zones? SOE is utterly retarded.....
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mobs are easier than cryst by alot.. peopel are going there at 70 and more or less not dying.. it gives peopel with non max level or crappy gear something to do and get upgrades from.. not that i dont see your arguement, but just saying.. hehe
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Shieara
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One reason I took people Crys flagging last week was so that we can get some of the Crys weapons for our people. Or at least farm trash drops from there or whatever.

In some ways I hate "raiding" group mobs but if it is one of those things where respectable gear drops off of trash like in the old PoHate raids they can be very rewarding, and then we can go back to some of the harder stuff. Also, and I mean no offense to any of our raiders, lets face it some of them just aren't ready for Crys in a group setting. It's especially demanding on tanks/healers.

So anyways I wouldn't be surprised to see us hit zones when they do them like this, keeping in mind that we will try to avoid stepping on peoples toes whenever possible. No one wants to be a jerk but if a zone can support twelve more people I figure they may as well be twelve AH people.
elaari
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a lot of fun in there the other night. Didn't get any loot (sigh) but was still a lot of fun.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it was a shame elaari because by the end everyone had at least one gravy loot so we started over again on second loots. I think you and sorc are like me and lae and pool your finances, so I hope you gained something that way! Plus, your pet did get that cap...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: