Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 174
Members: 0
Total: 174
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Just a curiosity..
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Just a curiosity..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Just a curiosity.. Reply with quote

Was wondering if any of you fine toons have attempted this raid and if so how difficult was it, please. Any info would be much appreciated thank you all and good hunting.

Ashengate North Event: Dyn'leth's Army
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=4256
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... First off, we have to get flagged for AG North. that entails getting everyone faction, winning Vergalids End Raid, beating Sothgar in AG West, and beating Stitch in AG East.

AH is a very long ways off from even attempting Dyn`leth's Army. And by army, they really mean army. There are LOTS of mobs to deal with, many need to be kited, and some that pop more mobs that need to be killed asap. Some mobs have auras that you need to avoid in order to kill them.

Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are thinking along the right lines though Acoma, and i actively encourage people to research raids like this - it helps us out a lot.

Take a look at the TSS guide on Alla:
http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/guides.html?guide=810

There's two different progression raids - Frostcrypt and Ashengate. Personally they look about as hard as eachother. However due to the number of Kangur raids we've done, some of us have reached the required Ally status simply from these AH raids and nothing else. That, coupled with our league of pallies, means it's the progression I'd like to focus on.

Ultimatey we'll be doing both progression lines, and may end up doing both lines at once depending on faction/difficulty etc.

For Frostcrypt raids, you need Ally with Wraithguard Leadership (con any wraithguard in Valde pretty much). You also need to have completed the following:
Intercepted Correspondence (group)
Lost Letter (group)
Confession (group)
Kill Kangur (raid)
Udengar the Traitor (raid)
Speak with the King (raid)

We have Kangur done (a lot), and are drawing up the strats for Udengar right now. I'm working on getting my raid triggering stuff done so that I'm able to start the raids on a whim. However we'll probably post a fixed date to actually tackle this raid, so please everyone keep an eye on the calander! (We did actually have this raid scheduled last week but were too few in numbers to attempt it. However we've been growing since then...)
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the imput and I greatly appreciate it. I was just not sure how far down the path of factioning it was with that expansion, not to familiar with those zones yet.

And if I did not know any better I might think Endi sounds a little scared of them mobs, hmm.

Lol, see you all in game and good hunting.
Saylor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am flagged for AG and can get the individual group tasks. If anyone needs me just send a tell. Or set up a time and night in advance so I know to be here.
xenamten
Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am also flaged for ag/fc can get all the raids and triger the rune thing to get to ag north guy , if you need me , let me know so i can try to get sleep to make ur guys riads
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenamten wrote:
i am also flaged for ag/fc can get all the raids and triger the rune thing to get to ag north guy , if you need me , let me know so i can try to get sleep to make ur guys riads

It's not just a matter of triggering the raid (I can do that myself as well), you need people flagged. You can piggy people in, but you still need 85% of the raid fully flagged.

Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endiment wrote:
xenamten wrote:

It's not just a matter of triggering the raid (I can do that myself as well), you need people flagged. You can piggy people in, but you still need 85% of the raid fully flagged.

Ah the dam faction thing ....

WTB a faction requirement removal for next expansion
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The faction part really won't be so bad IMO. As I say, I've hit ally status with the wraithguards - I did the bracer quest twice (back when they were upgrades), but besides that the Only things I've done are AH raids. Sorcier is also Ally, and his faction came purely from the raids. I think, excluding new members/apps/boxes, most of us will be kindly or better.

Next time we do a Kangur raid I'll try to remember (Ie, please remind me!) to have everyone stop at the entrance in Valde and gone the wraithguard in the pit so we can get a quick headcount of faction.
Herkybevo
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good faction hit for Wraithguard, if you havent done it yet, is the shield quest. You can go from dubious to amiable just from that.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=3939
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: