Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 162
Members: 0
Total: 162
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Reinforcements - CoT Saturday Collaboration
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Reinforcements - CoT Saturday Collaboration
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reinforcements - CoT Saturday Collaboration Reply with quote

We're in negotiations with CoT (Core of Truth) about running join raids to allow both forces to enter the progression raids. Although the negotiations are still going on, this will probably mean that once a week (maybe saturdays) AH and CoT will collaborate to take down targets such as Nurtha (AG progression), Udengar (FC progression) and DK (Death knell). This will have three significant benefits to AH:
1. We will be able to hit the next progression raids and finally get the rewards for our efforts!
2. We will have less competition for Sverag bosses, ToB etc
3. We will receive spill-over apps in the shape of CoT members looking to raid more

We have had one meeting so far to discuss the obvious issues as far as the structure of the raid will work. Things like the division of loot, who'll lead each raid, how we pick targets, and so forth are still on the table. We do have a skeleton plan in place, but things are liable to change so we'll post the details once they're figured out. If you have any suggestions however, this is the forum to post them.

Some AHers have expressed issues they've had with a few CoT members in the past, or heard negative rumors about the guild. CoT is a guild that expanded very fast and when that happens you tend to pick up a few members you wish you hadn't, but they get expelled over time. So I ask you to please put any such grievances and bias to one side, and approach this venture with an open mind. AH is having trouble with attendance and we really need this collaboration to work, so please put as much effort and support as you can.

A few officers attended a raid with CoT as guests today to gain insight to their raid style, and we'll be returning the favor on friday with some of the management of CoT. I'd like to see as many faces as possible on Friday so we can demonstrate how we get things killed!

Last edited by Wwein on Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Reinforcements Reply with quote

Well, like a Core member and now SL i have to say some things:
I have heard (or read) some not good opinions from guild in AH channel. However i joined the core almost since the beggining and have to say that i am very happy in guild, leaders really make an effort to keep things going on, help guildies with flags, run some old raids in order to gear people (tacvi, coa, don) and have a real concern about progression ... just like AH. Personally i dont like to pay attention to rumors and i dont have any reason to give credit at such things.
I agree with Wwein and of course i am up for this collaboration, this should help to both sides in order to progress. I posted here some time ago a general concern in EQ population (mid-tier guild crisis) now that finally got both Core and AH.
Like Wwein said, there are alot of things to discuss and agreements to get but lets try this.

And yeah, Thanks to Sorcier, Wwein and Lae for help in that first core Hatchet kill.
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Raid Time Reply with quote

CoT raids earlier in the day than us, at I something like 4:30 PST to 8 or 9 PST? A collaborated raid would probably take place between CoT and AH's normal raid hours, so if anyone has specific times they can't raid let us know now please.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: UPDATE Reply with quote

UPDATES
What?
- We will be combining efforts with CoT once a week on saturdays. These joint raids will allow us to take down bigger and tougher targets, for bigger and better rewards.

Who?
- Core Of Truth and After Hours.
- We'll operate with the same hierarchy raid structure you are familiar with in AH. IE Member - SL - RL.

Why?
- To offer you guys more! We have been busting our nuts as an organization and working hard for average rewards. However we just don't have enough attendance on a reliable basis to be able to hit things that drop items we all want. The natural solution is to collaborate with another organization in order to accomplish this.
- In short, this will allow us to reap far better rewards for the same effort. Well, a lot more effort for the management to get this, but no additional raiding effort! However for this to work we need as much support as possible, and this especially means to extend tolerance to the CoT raiders. They have been operating a different set of rules and raid style to ours and there is a posibility to butt heads, but please try to avoid it!
- If we hit our targets and are able to fill up the 72 person raids, this gives us a LOT of options. Solteris, SoF, maybe even the new SoD raids will be possible. This is a very exciting time with very tasty rewards.

When?
- We'll be running collaborated raids on Saturdays with CoT.
- We'll be compromising on duration and hour by running the raids from 6pm PST to 10pm PST (ie starting 2 hours earlier than normal AH raids, and stopping an hour earlier).
- The first raid will probably be on November 9th, though this may get pushed back by a week

Where?
- Our main focus will be on progression raids, so TSS progression and possibly solt etc depending on our success.
- Initial targets are Nurtha, Udengar + king, and Death Knell.

How?
- The loot discussion is in effect at the moment. It looks like these joint saturday raids will earn a unique dkp only to be used on these nights. This means everyone will start on a level footing, and noone will be penalised AH dkp if they can't raid saturdays.
- As we will be raiding longer than normal, we're discussing a system that doesn't punish folks that need to log early, or can't join the raid at it's start.
- AH and CoT RLs will lead alternate weeks to keep things fair. We do have a very good relationship though so ultimately we may make this more casual once we're all used to each other's systems.
- AH and CoT have very similar structures as eachother so many of our rules and raid styles are already compatible. There are minor things to figure out like channel names though.

If you have any comments or suggestions please post them! In particular, the nature of the loot system and the names of the collaboration and channels are up for discussion. We need your feedback!
Ybolla
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard those AH guys were a bunch of big chickens!
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Squawk!
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This idea is something several people in both AH and my guild have kicked around for a while. Some of us would finish guild raids and head to AH raids in the same place immediately, both raids having some of what the other missed.

Ive been in Core since near the beginning, and AH for nearly 2 years -- in that time Ive come to know there be plenty of good people in both places.

Nothing but gooey goodness to come imo.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is a WONDERFUL idea that may be able to boost the AH organization. I cant wait to see the content and large numbers in the raids again, would be nice to see 70 toons every saturday.
How about CoreHours for a channel or AfterTruth, not sure who wants top billing.
Sorcier
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acoma wrote:
How about CoreHours for a channel or AfterTruth, not sure who wants top billing.

Those are good but we were kinda hoping for something less top billingish if you know what I mean. I guess you could say a channel name that shows a single unified force where everyone is an equal. Maybe even dress Ybolla up as a chicken for our mascot Very Happy
elaari
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jointraidforce as a channel name maybe? that is, if we can keep the pot jokes to a minimum. Idea
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Latest:
It now looks like we won't operate a unique DKP system from the onset, but may revisit the idea further down the line. Basically Core's command want to be sure the joint raid idea will work before we invest too much into the structure of it. In which case we're probably going to be using an earlier system we discussed whereby both AH and Core /rand to see who picks the first loot, and then we alternate picks in a fair manner. AH will handle bidding for the loots it picks, and Core will auction their loot with their system. Ultimately we'll probably change this loot system, but its a pretty fair method, and simple to organize. So when loot drops, feel free to suggest in the chat channel which loot we should pick!

First raid still looks to be Saturday the 8th, so keep it in mind! Smile
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why not just random the loots for any who can use to start at least and i like oneofus for a name Razz who wants to join one of us? im sure one of us can kill it one of us might even live thru the night Smile
im still recovering from another surgery last friday and had a few minor complications but i will come back when i can /hugs all
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it all sounds good. The loot system sounds effective as well. This way each organization will be able to keep their own current amounts of DKP and their methods. Was hoping for a unique system so that I could start on the same DKP lvl as everyone else, level playing feild and all, but I am just happy to see things moving on. Keep up the great work and look forward to seeing all of you at the first Joint raid.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well guys, we have bad news. After some recent event successes by themselves, Core of Truth have backed out of the collaborated raids. We're as suprised as you are, but we have to respect their decision.

While this is a blow, it was our first attempt at setting up collaborated raiding. We are already looking into a new alliance, and hopefully can get something set up soon. If you know of a guild or raiding group that you think would be a good match for us, please let us know and we can try to get something more stable set up.

In addition to this, we are going to try a new recruiting technique. There's many expiring guilds out in everquest with dwindling members, who stay as they don't want to lose their family, but wish they had a larger community or chances to raid. This is a potentional recruiting tap for AH. We are going to try to incorporate these guilds, bringing a win-win solution to everyone. Again, if you see any likely candidates, please let one of us know or speak with them directly and offer them the benefits of extending the size of their family, without losing their guild.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:42 pm    Post subject: Slight correction Reply with quote

... well!

We had reason to be suprised! Apparently it was just a misunderstanding. Strap, the leader of CoT, explained to me he was in tell hell and there was a miscommunication. At any rate, they are still interested in raiding with us, but just had some minor issues with loot rules etc they wanted worked out.

So the first CoT joint raid will probably be held saturday November 15th from 6pm - 10pm PST. I would really like this to begin ASAP so while I say 'probably', we will be pushing hard to make that deadline. Please show in number that night!
elaari
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

November 15th? Crap. Sorc will be there but I won't. I'm performing at a charity event. If I can make it late though, I will and take my chances on there being room.
Imp
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word around Core is that this will start out Largely as a progression thing and evolve from there. Hence odds are good that progression and major flagging targets (Example: Vergalid) might be hit.

So I encourage EVERYONE in AH to show up! This is your chance to be able to get into the bigboygirl raids! Use it!

Core is a good bunch of folk just like yourselves and I think we will all get along -- y'all might end up getting a few more AH regulars!
Ybolla
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blah. As usual I have a prior commitment ( getting SCUBA certified in Monterey Bay next weekend ). Looks like you'll be without your Chicken costumed mascott. Sorry.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is now finalized btw, November 15th! Calendar is updated.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: CoW Raid Manefesto Reply with quote

The fruit of all the negotiations with CoT about these alliance raids is the following guidelines. Big, BIG thank you to tetra for drawing this up. These guidelines may change a little before the first raid as AH management have reviewed it but CoT just received this version. It may also be tweaked over the course of the CoW raid's, so look out for bumps here in the future. Yes, it's a long read!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1) Schedule
* Saturday's from 6:00pm to 10:00pm Pacific Standard Time

2) Raid Channels
* Standard raid channels for these raids will be as follows:

o CoWRaid:password-tbd : Common raid chatter channel for all raid attendees to put general chatter and questions in.

o /rsay : Standard raid channel to be used only for raid leaders, officers, etc., to announce strats and command the raid. Only those in the AllianceCommand channel should speak in /rsay unless instructed otherwise, like when we instruct buffs to be announced.

o Raid Voice Chat: not-mandatory, channel for those who use voice for general chat, and reminders on raid instructions as desired. Not to be used as sole point for instructing raid since not everyone can use voice.

* Class specific raid channels as necessary

o CoWPuller: nopassword : channel to coordinate pulls

o CoWHealers: nopassword : channel to setup heal strats

o CoWShammy: nopassword : channel to coordinate shaman buffing, slows, rezbuffs etc, related to shaman class

3) Leadership
* Raid Leaders will be appointed by each organization to cover the days where that organization is responsible for leading.

* The Raid Leader appointed will lead all raids for the day they are assigned unless they make arrangements for another raid leader (from either organization) to take over.

* Raid Leadership responsibilities will alternate between organizations by week and will be tracked, at a minimum, on the AH raid calendar.

* AH Squad leaders, Raid Leaders, Officers, and CoT Leaders, Raid Leaders, and Officers will be responsible for leading groups within each raid at the discretion of the days Raid Leader. Responsibilities for the group lead will be:

o To ensure their group gets to the target expeditiously,

o Ensure their group is clear on strategy

o Broker questions between their group and the AllianceCommand channel in order to avoid overwhelming the Raid Leader with /tells by the entire raid.

o Assist the Raid Leader in developing raid strategies and ensuring they are accurately conveyed to the raid attendees via participation in the AllianceCommand channel

* Organizers for role specific duties such as loot master, healer organization, tank organization, puller organization, and ranger rez duty will be assigned for the night by the Raid Leader at their discretion.

4) Target Selection
* Targets will be selected at 6:00pm PST the day of the raid once the Raid Leader has had a chance to assess the raid class makeup and attendance.

* The Raid Leader has final discretion at deciding the target(s) for the night

* Primary targets are intended to be progression based targets, though others are possible depending on the days raid attendance i.e. if a progression target cannot be selected due to numbers or needed classes, an alternate, possibly non-progression target will be selected and we will still raid.

5) DKP
* AfterHours members will accrue DKP per the normal AH DKP rates

* CoT members will accrue DKP per the normal CoT DKP rates

* Dual AH and CoT members will accrue DKP per the normal rates within each of the respective organizations which may be used for loot on that organizations non-alliance raids. Loot however cannot be won from both organizations during alliance raids (See the Loot section).

6) Loot
* Loot pieces from each raid target will be selected by each organization to auction off to their members using their respective loot systems by alternating loot picks.

* First pick of loot from the first target is determined by the winner of a daily /ran 3 333 between the raid leader and the opposite organizations delegate.

* First pick rights will alternate between organizations by target i.e. if CoT wins the /ran and gets first pick on target A, AH will get first pick on target B. (AH will get second pick on target A, and CoT will get second pick on target B and so on).

* Dual members must announce in the AllianceRaid channel which organization they are representing for the entire night for loot prior to the announcement of loot picks by an organization.

o If a dual member fails to announce their selected organization for loot prior to loot picks, they will be ineligible for loot for any targets in which loot has already been picked for an organization

* Each raid member must abide by their organizations loot rules, or in the case of dual membership, the organization selected for the night.

* Any rot loot from raid targets will be /randomed to the entire raid and does not apply to any limits on loot quantities for the night

* Trash loot will be free for all, unless it is gear or a high value item. In addition to items such as Legends of Norrath cards, high value items will be considered to be those whose market value is greater than 1000pp each.

7) Cross Organizational Benefits
a) CoT benefits to AH members

* AfterHours members will be permitted to raid with Core of Truth on non-alliance nights and earn CoT DKP similar to normal CoT members that may be used for bidding on loot during non-alliance raids.

b) AH benefits to CoT members

* CoT members will be permitted to raid with AH on non-alliance nights and if registered with a character on the AH website, earn AH DKP similar to normal AH members that may be used for bidding on loot during non-alliance raids. (when adding a character after registering on the site, CoT members must indicate they are in Core of Truth to bypass the AH app process)

* CoT leaders and officers will have an honorary website authorization which provides access to the AH forums, specifically The Library, Epics, Healing Corner, Exterminator's Board, and a newly created Alliance board. In addition to view permissions on the Raid-o-Matic.

Conduct
In general: To be a good representive of AfterHours and the Core of Truth at all times by showing respect to others regardless of guild tag or EQ status.

Therefore:
* Derogatory chat/tells/etc that target a particular person and that may be unwelcome by that person are prohibited. Humor is fine, though that humor should not be made to hurt another member.

* Profanity, expletives, and sexual comments in Chat are not prohibited though should be kept to a minimum and not used profusely.

* Profanity, expletives, and sexual comments in Voice Chat should be specifically avoided as it is much easier for non-users and member's family members to overhear.

9) General Raid rules
* Do not speak in /rsay unless instructed or assigned a leadership role in raid activities for the day

* Send tells for buffs to avoid chat clutter

* Do not send tells to the raid leader under any circumstances, ask your group leader, who will then respond or get an answer from the leadership channel

o This is in order to ensure the RL can concentrate on leading the raid and maintaining pace

o Additionally strategy discussions will have already occurred for the current target, so unless its absolutely necessary, its best to wait until after the raid to get the strategy adjusted, again in order to maintain pace and clear understanding by the entire raid. Attempting to get strategy changed midstream only serves to slow and confuse the raid.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: