Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 245
Members: 0
Total: 245
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Rampage
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rampage

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:51 am    Post subject: Rampage Reply with quote

I learned the rules of rampage many years ago. Namely that the rampage list is a static list of the mob of the order in which each raider first got on the agro list. The named will rampage on the raider with the highest position on the list, excluding whoever the named is currently targetting (ie the main tank). This meant that you could be the ramp tank, zone out/die, come back and you'd still be getting rampage.

But I now know that bards can fade off rampage. With that being true it makes me wonder if the zoning/dying rule is still true. Also what about FD and similar skills?
Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Rampage Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
I learned the rules of rampage many years ago. Namely that the rampage list is a static list of the mob of the order in which each raider first got on the agro list. The named will rampage on the raider with the highest position on the list, excluding whoever the named is currently targetting (ie the main tank). This meant that you could be the ramp tank, zone out/die, come back and you'd still be getting rampage.

But I now know that bards can fade off rampage. With that being true it makes me wonder if the zoning/dying rule is still true. Also what about FD and similar skills?

Removing yourself from the hate list (in any manner) also removes you from rampage list.

You can go out of range of rampage temporarily and the mob hit the next person instead until you get back in range.

I've never seen an instance of someone dying/zoning and still being ramp tank (unless everyone else died/zoned or was out of range)

Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puvia
Class Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to agree with Endi on this one. I have been on ramp before as the druid and got out of melee range and was not hit any longer. I know cleric have a minor mem blur spell that can take them off or down the hate list. Bards,chanters, monks and necro's I would think can do their own thing to get out of aggro.

Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zac, you have no idea how happy I am that I'm not the only one who thought that is what this thread was about Razz I guess I just don't think in melee terms Smile

Although, I was thinking this version:

After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the arcade version not long ago...
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FD clears rampage ... i know that hehe
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 1:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Rampage Reply with quote

Endiment wrote:
Wwein wrote:

Removing yourself from the hate list (in any manner) also removes you from rampage list.

You can go out of range of rampage temporarily and the mob hit the next person instead until you get back in range.

I've never seen an instance of someone dying/zoning and still being ramp tank (unless everyone else died/zoned or was out of range)

Good info thank you! I was referencing the old raid leader from my old guild Heroes of the Static Realm, Tereica. Could have been Culdahl, but I think it was Tereica. Anyways that's how I learned about rampage, and hadn't updated my understanding of it since then. That was... ooooh back when the Hole was a good place for a family guild to raid.
Shameeon
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Re: Rampage Reply with quote

Endiment wrote:
Wwein wrote:

This is my understanding of Rampage as well.
If we ever needed to reset the Rampage list we would Back off Mem blur and then reset the Rampage list as needed , ussually with Pally DA hammer Toon as the Ramp Tank Followed by a back up Pally DA hammer.

That way if things go sour its ussually a Pally next on the hate list who has the DA hammer until a Warrior can Area Taunt and Instant Pull top of the list hate aggro thus Reestablishing the Hate list with one of the Pallies Back on Ramp.

To my knowledge Memblur from Chanters / Mages / Will Reassign Ramp / Hate List.

Others that can reestablish their own spot is Bards and Rogues with Evades. Monks with FD as long as they stay down till aggro reset. and Well Taking a dirt nap will always rest you.

As Endiment said though you can always pull back from Engage out of Ramp range and it will automatically pull the next on the hate list for ramp until you are back in ramp range. Thats the Best way I can tell you not to die. Ussually someone will buy the bullet unless the next on the Ramp list happens to be a Tanker.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since my ramp question was answered and we're neatly on the topic of mem blur, i have another question I'd love answered. Here's a few spells with memblur:
Memory Flux ENC/55
1: Memblur(30% )

Befuddle Rk. II ENC/82
1: Mesmerize(2/88 )
2: Memblur(30% )

Dirge of the Sleepwalker Bard AA
2: Memblur(40% )

Atone CLR/32
1: Memblur(1% )

What do these percentages mean? Does atone have a 1% chance of successfully membluring the mob? Those mez spells work up to lvl 88, but what does the '2' mean in 2/88? Does each memblur spell have a lvl cap to it? Does a mez spell have a chance to memblur a mob if the mez element fails, or indeed if the mob is too low to be mezzed by it?
Shameeon
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
Since my ramp question was answered and we're neatly on the topic of mem blur, i have another question I'd love answered. Here's a few spells with memblur:
Memory Flux ENC/55
1: Memblur(30% )

Befuddle Rk. II ENC/82
2: Memblur(30% )

Dirge of the Sleepwalker Bard AA
2: Memblur(40% )

Atone CLR/32

What do these percentages mean? Does atone have a 1% chance of successfully membluring the mob? Those mez spells work up to lvl 88, but what does the '2' mean in 2/88? Does each memblur spell have a lvl cap to it? Does a mez spell have a chance to memblur a mob if the mez element fails, or indeed if the mob is too low to be mezzed by it?

My Understanding is Limited but :
In reference to to the Numbers beside the Spells Such as 2/88 The First number is in respect to the Spell Type in the Case of 2/88 it would mean this is a Type 2 Spell or a Single Target Spell Type. It may still be an AE spell But only if its a targeted AE spell Type.
Type 1 Is an PB AE Spell Type
The second Number is the Max Level of the Mobs that can Be affected by the spell in the case of 2 /88 It is a Single target spell type and affects Mobs to a Level Cap of 88.
Type 2 Will also Stack With Type ones so you can AE Mezzwith Type one then have the opportunity to hit them with a longer duration mezz Type 2
Type 2 Mezzes Overwrite Type 2 Mezzes Only.

The Percentages are Just that Percent Chance to land In the case of Befuddle RK II This Spell checks by resist for Mezz but has a 30% chance to also Memblur.

I believe the level cap is for all aspects of the spell including the memblur.
To my knowledge is if the mezz doesnt work it doesnt check for memblur. But if you successfully mezz it then checks for memblur as part of the spell components with a percent chance to land on that portion.

This is my understanding From what I have gathered from Samana etc over time but What I understand is what I have gathered from others.
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:

Atone CLR/32

What do these percentages mean? Does atone have a 1% chance of successfully membluring the mob?

I'm guessing there is more to it than that 1%, but we will have to wait for a cleric's input. I would never use a spell that only works 1% of the time.

Here is another one to add to the list though, can be very useful at times (but has a 10 minute recast timer). If you need something memblur'd, ask a mage.

Mage AA -
Companion of Necessity Effect
1: Memblur(100%)
2: Frenzy Radius(1)
3: Reaction Radius(1)
Resist: Unresistable
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My success rate is more like 1 in 3 or 4 casts will blur a mob.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I haven't a clue what the %s could mean! The only kinda math I could think that would make sense with that is if all mem blurs had a standard success rate of, perhaps, 25%. Then the memblur(X%) value could refer to the above-base chance of success; ie atone would be 26% and mage pet would be 101%... um...

Maybe they originally ran off the % in brackets but used a different system but those numbers just lay there utterly uninvolved in how they work.
Puvia
Class Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cleric mem bur is only for the cleric and not for a raid/group target from my experiences with the spell.

Endiment
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puvia wrote:
The cleric mem bur is only for the cleric and not for a raid/group target from my experiences with the spell.

Atone is a total memwipe (when successful)

Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Zac, you have no idea how happy I am that I'm not the only one who thought that is what this thread was about Razz I guess I just don't think in melee terms Smile

Although, I was thinking this version:

WOW!!! It's good to see my old company is still out there. I worked for data east as a games consultant in my youth ( read: played video games for 8 hours a day and get paid for it ).

Only reason I quit is you cannot survive in calfornia on what a game consultant makes. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: