Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 158
Members: 1
Total: 159

Online Now:
01: Endiment
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Raising resist caps
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Raising resist caps
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:29 pm    Post subject: Raising resist caps Reply with quote

This is kind of in response to the July Goals thread but I figure I may as well start a new thread in case anyone else has similar questions. My resists are at, or very close to their caps (of 600), but I know I need to raise the caps. I haven't done any MPG trails on Maneki yet, but plan to start soon. My question is, what AAs will raise resist caps? I assume Planar Power does, but never really checked. Do the Innate ___ Protection AAs under the general tab raise your cap, or only the base?

What else should I be working on?
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good question!

I believe there are three things to raise your resist caps:

Discordant Defiance, Cost: 5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5/5
Details: Increase resistance cap by 5 points per rank, for a total extension of your resist cap of 50

Trials of Mata Muram - 6 MPG group trials
Each trial extends your resist cap by 8, with the final trial extending it by 10 for a total extension of your resist cap of 50

This will take your cap from 600 to 700. I think those are the only two ways to extend your cap, but let me know if I'm wrong!

Also Sanctity of the Keepers (from completing DoN progression) gives this description:
Your devotion to Norrath's Keepers provides you with an innate chance to completely resist the effects of most detrimental spells.
I believe this grants a few % chance to avoid dots and DDs. A single group can knock out all of the DoN raids excluding Vish in a few hours very comfortably. Vish would take two or three groups minimum.
Suegar
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Vish can be one grouped pretty easily nowadays with a decent offtank for the drakes/etc. When I get off my ass I plan to do it for kicks Wink
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Raising resist caps Reply with quote

Maneki wrote:

Do the Innate ___ Protection AAs under the general tab raise your cap, or only the base?

These things are useless as far as i know.

Best thing to do are the MPG trials, i have done 3 (boxing 2 and merc so they are really easy) and need other 3. Only bad thing is the lockout and the looong run to instances hehe.
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do not buy innates, they just add to the base and are worthless if you are already at the cap.

Do the things Wwein posted, and you can get up to 700.
Lostin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious how you handle the dt portion of the vish event, when we tried to 1 group him for Dragond Dragons Dragons we kept getting chain DT'ed faste rthan we could run cure, with group he kept re-dting everyone over and v er and all DPS came to a halt as we ran around getting cures until we all were dead.

Seemed with 6 people the DT was way too fast, or maybe just bad luck?
Tasarian
Class Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One grouping Vish is easier than a raid.... the DT is chain casted so fast that it overwrites the old one, therefore you never take a DT. Only one person worries about curing it while rest of raid continues with their assignments =)

Savage Cheshire
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suegar wrote:
Actually Vish can be one grouped pretty easily nowadays with a decent offtank for the drakes/etc. When I get off my ass I plan to do it for kicks Wink

Can I come, that is all I am missing to finish that expanion line of quests.

DoN Rewards:

1) "Gift of the Keepers" gives a maximum stats increase of 10 per stat. I believe this is for resisits as well but I dont remember.

2) "Valor of the Keepers" adds 250 hp/mana/end to your base stats. You also receive your 69th level spell/tome.

3) "Embrace of the Keepers" increase buff slot limit by 1 or 2, cant remember.

4) "Power of the Keepers" % chance increase of critical hits/blasts, heals, and DoTs. I dont remember the actual % but I do know I noticed a difference after getting it since I did not have any AAs trained in those areas other than crit hits.

5) "Sanctity of the Keepers" increases your ability to resist detrimental spells. This is the only one I am missing.
Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for all the info!

I'm at 5/10 of Discordant Defiance after the bonus exp weekend... Planning to cap it out before I continue doing other AAs again. I still need to do all of the MPG trails and DoN Progression on Maneki... My cleric had most (all but Vish, I believe) but I never had any reason to do it for my mage.

I don't have a resist clicky yet... I was looking at the Blackburrow Bulwark, but I really don't want to spend that kind of money, so I'm going to try and look into other items with the same or similar effect, that I can camp.
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acoma wrote:
Suegar wrote:

Can I come, that is all I am missing to finish that expanion line of quests.

DoN Rewards:

1) "Gift of the Keepers" gives a maximum stats increase of 10 per stat. I believe this is for resisits as well but I dont remember.

2) "Valor of the Keepers" adds 250 hp/mana/end to your base stats. You also receive your 69th level spell/tome.

3) "Embrace of the Keepers" increase buff slot limit by 1 or 2, cant remember.

4) "Power of the Keepers" % chance increase of critical hits/blasts, heals, and DoTs. I dont remember the actual % but I do know I noticed a difference after getting it since I did not have any AAs trained in those areas other than crit hits.

5) "Sanctity of the Keepers" increases your ability to resist detrimental spells. This is the only one I am missing.

I refuse !

I like to kill HIEs ! so:

1) "Gift of the Dark Reign" gives a maximum stats increase of 10 per stat. I believe this is for resisits as well but I dont remember.

2) "Tenacity of the Dark Reign" adds 250 hp/mana/end to your base stats. You also receive your 69th level spell/tome.

3) "Embrace of the Dark Reign" increase buff slot limit by 1 or 2, cant remember.

4) "Power of the Dark Reign" % chance increase of critical hits/blasts, heals, and DoTs. I dont remember the actual % but I do know I noticed a difference after getting it since I did not have any AAs trained in those areas other than crit hits.

5) "Fervor of the Dark Reign" increases your ability to resist detrimental spells. This is the only one I am missing.

Of course i have the Evil faction and can request those tasks/raids. Thats the progression for any decent DE
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maneki wrote:

I don't have a resist clicky yet... I was looking at the Blackburrow Bulwark, but I really don't want to spend that kind of money, so I'm going to try and look into other items with the same or similar effect, that I can camp.

I dont think any of the clicky resisits are OVERCAP resisits. No sense in getting one and paying a fortune if it is not dedicated to your OVERCAP on resists, if there even is such a thing. I think all the clickies are just like a self resist buff and nothing else.
Lostin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as clicky resists, I've always liked the DoD mask, since it's easy to get and you probably have most of the tasks done already. The new AC + resists are nice now if you aren't a tank tho, some of those are up to +45 to resists now, and on groupable clickies. The t5 ones are kind of a pain to farm since they are found in telivar's missions, but the t4 clcikies should be the same and those are easier. They are on the non-bow range items.

Back to vish:

How do you determine who needs cured?

Like I said, we all tried to cure and he chain cast so fast we had no chance of curing it heh, eventually we all got DT'ed. Seems like waiting until you are about to die would be an ineffective way to find out who needs to get cured.
Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acoma wrote:
Maneki wrote:

I dont think any of the clicky resisits are OVERCAP resisits. No sense in getting one and paying a fortune if it is not dedicated to your OVERCAP on resists, if there even is such a thing. I think all the clickies are just like a self resist buff and nothing else.

Since Ive raised my resists (currently 625), I'm not at the cap. Some are, but a few of my resists are at about 575. These clickies would get me closer to the cap, right? I just want to make sure I understand what you mean Smile
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maneki wrote:
Acoma wrote:
Maneki wrote:

Since Ive raised my resists (currently 625), I'm not at the cap. Some are, but a few of my resists are at about 575. These clickies would get me closer to the cap, right? I just want to make sure I understand what you mean Smile

If you have the max limit for resist it should be 700 from what I have heard. If you have reached this by donig all the things listed and with no resist buffs you have resisits at 625 then yes a clicky or having someone cast a specific resist buff on you can boost you closer to 700.

If you have done enought things-AAs, MPG trials, DoN-and your max is 625 and you have all your resisits sitting at 625 with no buffs then no clicky/buff is going to help you get to 700 since your personal cap is 625.

I hope that makes since. I am at lvl 82 and my personal resist cap is 593, or something close to it, no matter what resist buffs or clickies I cast on myself they will not raise my resisits above 593 since that is my personal cap.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a very legitimate reason for getting resist clickies. You're frequently tashed or maloed by mobs in group settings, and there's numerous raid mobs that lower your resists a Lot. The dream is to be 700 in all resists in all situations. Chances are, the times when your resists are lowered under 500 are the times you'll most need them higher too! The DoD clicky and those ac/resist clickies stack I think (right?) which gives you 100+ to all resists. Then there's individual resist clickies like the magic gloves from VT and others I can't think of atm.
Lostin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, those ac resist clickies kind of suck, because they don't stack with either form of defense OR pure resist clickes such as form of protection/pure arcanum.

I have had a lot of people tell me they do, but when I looked it up it's listed as not stacking, and one of my toons has both and I can't get them to stack.

So, if you have an AC + resist buff, you use form of Endurance, and get all 3 raised, but you can't stack both.

Although double checking my facts, http://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.html?id=3631&source=Live lists aura of pure arcanum as stacking with the blackburrow bulwark clicky. Hmm, maybe I should track down a drakebone fan or two. I will test later on my pally who has mask and a ward clicky that I haven't been using because of the AC conflict.
Lostin
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stacking for Aura of Pure Arcanum here:

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.html?id=7831&source=Live

None of the ward spells are listed as conflicting. I could swear that when I started playing SoD and looked it up that they didn't stack but it appears it now does. Learn something new every day.

Yep logged in my pally to test it before I posted and they stack so, disregard my previous post, I guess I have some (more) farming to do...
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suegar wrote:
Actually Vish can be one grouped pretty easily nowadays

Well hell, I know I still need vish's scale to finish that progression and I know I am not alone.
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aleax wrote:
Suegar wrote:
Actually Vish can be one grouped pretty easily nowadays

Well hell, I know I still need vish's scale to finish that progression and I know I am not alone.

No, you are not. Add me to the list.
Ybolla
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bolla is done, Oolah is not. IF we're making a list and checking it twice...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: