Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 238
Members: 0
Total: 238
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Rebuff team Question
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rebuff team Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mariu
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Rebuff team Question Reply with quote

Not sure if this is the right place but figure you all can move it if its not.

I can only speak for myself but i like being on the rebuff team however its a big PITA the way its currently done.

There is so much spam in ahheals it scrolls before i see who even got rezed and I miss people.

So I wanted to see if there is any reason that we cant do it a bit differently.

If you guys want to stick with it being a channel thing maybe do a channel ahrebuff and the only chatter in it would be the rez or call. With no other talking in channel it would be much easier to see who needs rebuffing.

Or here is how I have always seen it done before. You announce the rebuff team, and members make a hotkeay to send tells to the people in rebuff. If they die then are rezed/called they hit there hotkey and tells get sent so all you have to do is a /rt, /cast1, 2, 3, whatever.

Maybe im the only one having issues with this.......
Kalakob
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

an easy solution if we dont want to add more channels might be taking ooc/shout or auction. Since we are the only one in instances we CAN keep one of those clear I'm sure
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rebuff team needs a lot of ground work done, you're quite right. The management were all just discussing it last night actually. The channel spam is a real issue we need to cover I agree, and I like kala's suggestion on /shout to help cut back on the number of extra chat channels.

Since you brought up the issue of the rebuff team, here's some other thoughts I have. Btw these aren't set in stone, so feel free to debate them:
1. Be careful whom you buff. Does that druid really need haste? Isn't that cleric going to click off unity immediately to cast their mana regen self buff?
2. Don't waste mana/time giving anyone druid skins + cleric symbol/ac, they just need galla and thrown back into the ring
3. Use your calls on tanks and healers as it returns them to life with 2k endurance and 2k mana, and without crippling side effects.
4. Use cleric/pally rez on dps classes, and those with critical responsibilities such as the RL, MA, script clickers, and others that need to be vertical Fast.
5. Once you've been called, drag your corpse to the corner of the room, or some other simple out of the way spot. This prevents multiple calls being wasted on the same corpse.
6. Announce who you're calling! Calls have a timer recast so don't waste them!
7. 100% rezzes go to clerics and the MTs only. Generally we like to have a order for casting these set out in advance, but you MUST announce that you're giving %t a 100% rez before casting it. This gives the cleric/MT enough time to cancel a rez they were accidentally given, and prevents multiple 100% rezzes landing at once.
8. Rebuff with common sense. Yes a particular rogue might normally ask for CoF before the battle, but really it's just the knights that need it after a call.
9. The rebuff team has it fast and frantic, don't be shy to announce over and over that someone needs a call, or highlight other important info that may have been missed during the mayhem.
10. Frantic moments like partial wipes require very ruthless thinking. Valuate the raider you're calling/buffing in the same way a tank selects the most dangerous mob to OT. If there's two dps corpses side by side, call and buff the one with the best dps. If it's a healer and a ranger, call the healer!
11. While we're looking for perfection, we really don't expect it. Make sure the tanks and healers are called not rezzed, make sure the MTs have galla, cof, haste, make sure the healers & casters have crack, and spell haste and SE, make sure the melee have haste. Anything else is a bonus, and only necesary when the above is complete.
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you are in the rebuff team and are leaving for the night remind the rebuff leader, and if you are in rebuff team and are unable to forfill responsibilities (group off tanking oor or you are dead or you are healing mt or whatever) please let rebuff leader know asap. letting me know after this fight is not helpful. thank you you could also set a audio trig for rebuff or something if it scrolls too fast and all callers/ rezers can have the word rebuff in their hotkey.
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had drysst in the rebuff team on saturdays raid for the first time and I have to admitt it was tough trying to pull out the actual important parts I needed to see.

I like the idea of having a /ahrebuff channel over the /shout.

I like the idea of everyone haveing a Hotkey set up over a new channel, can you use a Hot hey while still looking at your corpse before going to your bind or do you need to go to bind then hit the hotkey?

Of the 3 options I think the channel would be the easiest to incorrperate since trying to get an entire raid to create a detailed hotkey could prove exasperating. Plus, if 10 people die at once each member of the rebuff team are going to get spamed, how many impatient people are going to hit that hot key more than once? (it is just so easy to do, double click? tripple click? what is going to get me noticed fastest?)

I almost think that all the healer types and mana pumpers should all be in the AHheals channel minus the rebuff team. It would be much easier, I think, that at the begining of the night I have drysst in ahraid, ahheals(I keep him out of afterhours channel cause there is to much chatter at raid time for my liking) and then if he is choosen to be in the rebuff team then I would drop out of ahheals and join ahrebuff.

That channel should be like the /rs, only important info no chatter. That way I can put in the info-/ahrebuff Call to Hasseo hitting him with haste and unity on arrival, your turn.- and I know it will be seen and I can see others since there should be nothing else going on in that channel.

I understand why some of the managment team may want to not use another channel: http://www.ahraiding.org/kills/EQ001233.jpg
I mean would you want to add another box to this screen, lol.

wwein wrote:
Isn't that cleric going to click off unity immediately to cast their mana regen self buff?

The cleric is going to click off darkpaw but will probably keep the other 3 components of unity. Plus it is still better for me as a shaman to only have 2 spell slots dedicated to rebuff, unity/haste, then the 5 slots those 2 cover. Rebuffing is just really common sence, if a healer dies I wont haste em but if a tank/dps does I will.

I found out how important Call of the Wild is after the BMK raid and the 10 minute recast timer sucks. I am deffinatly suggesting that we make hastend call an important AA since that is what I will be maxing starting NOW. Quickened Call of the Wild rank 3 will reduce it to 5 minute recast, not great but a hellofa lot better then 10 minutes.

My new Call AA hot button:
/ahrebuff Calling %t and hittting %s with haste and unity, your turn.
/alt activate 404 (call of the wild alternate code)

This is still a new part of Ah and like all the other parts it will be molded into what we want it to be and it will happen from posts like this thread. Imput like this from our raiders is vitall to keeping everything running smoothly.

Last edited by Acoma on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:14 am; edited 3 times in total
Maneki
New Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Prettything about using an audio trigger, but to take it a step further, I'd say there should be a standard hotkeyed phrase used every time someone needs rebuffing, so that the audio trigger could be a bit more specific and people don't get spammed with sounds every time someone just says the word rebuff. Something like "%T has just been resurrected, please rebuff %T", but have the trigger for "has just been resurrected, please rebuff"

As a mage, I'm not ever on the rebuff team, but I do know how frustrating it can be to have to keep up with buffs.
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im cool with a longer audio trig and people really shouldnt be spaming it since only rezers would be saying it. but whatever you guys deside is fine with me. i have rl crap going on so i am taking a bit of a break. if things get better this week i might be back or it might be a bit longer. i am still reading the boards tho when i can. stay safe everyone.
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Sresa
Class Leader

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:37 am    Post subject: Rebuff Team Stuff Reply with quote

There's actually also a sticky about rebuff team strats that Laenyani posted. Currently we're thinking about doing a "tells to the rebuffers by the leader" setup to cut down on spam in the healer channel.

I had personally thought of setting an audio trigger either to any tells I receive, or the words "rebuff" "call" or "rez".

The idea of having a body corner has been brought up a couple of times, but familiarity with the zone is key on that one. Don't want to be dragging to the corner where the 65k blast-0-doom lands juuuust right.

Wit has truth in it; wisecracking is simply calisthenics with words.
[Dorothy Parker]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: