Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 369
Members: 0
Total: 369
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Rebuff Team
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rebuff Team
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elaari
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:00 am    Post subject: Rebuff Team Reply with quote

I'm probably not the one to do this, but I thought I'd start a thread on this for reference. (PT, if you see stuff that is wrong or needs changing, please fix it - I've been winging it the last few nights. Same goes for the other people who have set up rebuff teams.) If anyone is called on to set up a rebuff team, they need to know the basics so they don't go crazy trying to do it. You can reference here too for some good info: http://www.ahraiding.org/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5474

The rebuff team as far as I have in my notes consists of a cleric, a beastlord, a shaman, an enchanter , a paladin, a druid and a ranger (did I leave anyone out?). This may change for some raids, but that will be on a per case basis (an example would be last night's Queen raid where it was mentioned that a TL'r on the rebuff team might be a good idea on that raid).

Rebuffers should join ahheals and give a little hello or something to let the leader know you're there. (I know how to use /list, but humor me please.)

Call essential players first. Not that we aren't all important, but the cleric that is healing the main tank should probably get called and rebuffed before someone like me who is just there to look pretty and give Elric a stroke with AotD every once in a while.

Know what classes need what buffs. Some people prefer P13 and some people don't need haste. Know whether we are calling or rezzing. When in doubt, ask.

Set up a hotkey letting the channel know that you've done your job. That way we know who has been called and whether they are missing something.

If you have to leave or are unable to perform your rebuff duties, let the leader know so you can be replaced. Same goes if you are down - someone can probably take up the slack then and we can get you rezzed.

I'm not real familiar with what the different rebuff classes cast in this situation (I do without if I don't get something and worry about it later, but I'm expendable for the most part plus I've never played anything but a necro past level 20), so now is your chance to chime in. Let everyone know what you cast when you are on the team so that there will be a guideline for those that follow.

Ask questions, give constructive suggestions and let me know where I have erred and/or muddied things up. I've been flying by the seat of my robe on this and know I've missed important things - I don't want the next person to have the same problem. Embarassed
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post. I have always guessed that the following is about how the spells should go. Please let me know if I am wrong on who needs what, but I just assumed this is what is needed. I always have a Distillate of Haste X, Distillate of Clarity XIII, Distiallate of Spirituality XIII on me so I can click those on myself as soon as I zone in and get back to the action faster instead of waiting on buffs, just in case I am OOr or something.

DPS would probably look for:
Gallantry - cleric
Brells - Pally (optional)
Unity - shaman
Haste - shaman or chanter
Cloak of feathers - ranger (optional)
Predator Line - ranger (optional)
Clarity line - chanter (non casters wont need)
SE line- beastlord (non casters wont need)

Tanks would look for:
Gallantry - cleric (Exception would be to the Main Tank they may want cleric symbol and Druid skin but easier to do just gallantry for all others)
Brells - Pally
Unity - shaman
Haste - shaman or chanter
Cloak of feathers - ranger
Predator line - ranger (optional)
Clarity line - chanter (non casters wont need)
SE line - beastlord (non casters wont need)

The Rest would look for:
Gallantry - cleric
Loyalty Line - cleric
Unity - shaman
Clarity line - chanter
SE line - beastlord
elaari
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I prefer P13 over Gallantry, but that's me. Not sure how many others out there feel that way.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elaari wrote:
Personally I prefer P13 over Gallantry, but that's me. Not sure how many others out there feel that way.

For the mana regen right?

This is why this is a good idea for a thread.
Kreavan
Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To help alleviate confusion on who gets what buff. I think maybe leave the buff request to the one newly called to send a tell to the designated buff person. It makes it much easier to /rtarget versus me having to hunt through the raid window for the name and see if it is a caster or melee before I buff. It may speed things up too.

Or maybe have a Rebuff channel. So a newly rezzed person joins it and says, "SK need Buffs"

That way the buff team in that channel knows what class is needing the buffage.

Just some ideas. I know there have been times that I miss the name of who just got called by all the other spam in the AHHeals channel.

Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to prefer gallantry over p13 for the sheer reason that it was only 1 buff slot instead of 2 or 3. Seeing as I am still missing a scale from vish, I was always getting buff locked. Now that I have 24 buff slots I don't have that problem much anymore so I can go either way. P13 / Symbol / Ward actually gives more AC and mana regen to boot so if you can afford the buff slots, it is better imho.
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elaari wrote:

I usually get Gallantry + my self buff (which is similar to P13, but stacks).

However, if I was just rezzed, really I'll take anything I can get Wink
elaari
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok - one more thing. At the beginning of the raid, we need to notify the raid of who the rebuff team leader is and have any dead send a tell the him/her when they die. Then the leader can start the call/rebuff process and we can make sure no one falls through the cracks. This should cut down on some of the spam, too and make sure essentials get called quick.

Lae also has an idea about this, but I'll let her post it. Smile
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea elaari
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool post el and I'm really glad you started it!

Announcing the rebuff leader:
They should announce themselves in rsay. All SLs and RLs are allowed to use rsay for important info and this is important info. If they have to log and we need a new rebuff leader, they're trusted to appoint them and brief them. I basically only appoint a rebuff leader when I know we need one, and noone has already stepped forward.

Galla:
1 cast rather than the skin/symbol/ac trio, which means less time wasted. Most casters have self mana regen buffs which don't stack with the skin part of the trio (not sure on the exceptions), and tanks need to get back up asap so galla is best for them too. As such I think galla is the default, and the trio would only be needed in a handful of situations/people.

Class announcing:
Having the dead person join and announce their class in channel would take too long and there's the 5% raid rule (as a large number of people to do something, and 5% will always fail to do it regardless of the request). I suggest we order the dead to announce in ahraid that they're dead and what class they are, but that the rebuff team covers their butt if they forget to.
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few things..
1 dont forget that you still have to do other duties as well when on rebuff team.
2 ALL shammies and druids are on call duty
3 mt and clerics should be given a 100 rez instead of call if possible.
4. im sure it was said but always always announce all calls/ rezes in ahheals channel, and then announce "%t has been class rebuffed" please so that we know things have been done.
5. i definaly know this was already said but it has not been followed very well. if you are camping / dead / or otherwise unable to preform your duties on rebuff team please tell rebuff leader asap and include your class in the tell. "/tell prettything necro dead and unable to rebuff atm" for example.

thanks Smile
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
laenyani
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: rebuff team Reply with quote

when you coming back petey
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
laenyani
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: rebuff team Reply with quote

I moved this topic to general because EVERYONE should be able to run and or set up the rebuff team. Starting this week we will be picking ppl at random to do so. Ela, Prettything, Thrombo or myself will be able to give you advice and or help.

If you die you MUST send the rebuff leader for that day a tell saying you need rez.

The rebuff team leader will make a hotkey that goes something like this:

/pause 20, /t Thrombo Laenyani needs a rez/call
/pause 20, /t Wwein Laenyani needs ranger buffs
/pause 20, /t Jessibelle Laenyani needs Shaman buffs.
etc...
without the pauses and comma and space the tells may not go thru.You also have to use the pause 20 a shorter pause will not work.

Rebuffers will set up the following hotkey as well:

/t %T Sending you buffs now hold still

This is going to cut down the spam in the healer channel and also keeps rebuffers from having to join another channel. I think this will help make the rebuff team more orgazinized once everyone has it in place.

So if you are a class that has buffs I suggest you Make your hotkeys now and you can change names when needed. Rebuffers will be called at the begining of each raid right before or after mgbs. Everyone should know who the rebuffers and the rebuff team leader is so that you can send them a tell if you need buffs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Didokova
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok sounds goo to me i will set up my hot keys next time i log on
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prettything wrote:
a few things..

2 ALL shammies and druids are on call duty

Drysst now has hastened call of the wild 4, less than 5 minute recast now, and looking to see if shamans get the other "maker-er-better" AA for call like druids get.

*edit* the "make-er-better" AA is quickend call of the wild which will lower the cast time of the spell. I dont think it is as important as hastend call but will probably work on it just to get back to the mix faster.

Last edited by Acoma on Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:31 am; edited 1 time in total
Sorcier
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
Most casters have self mana regen buffs which don't stack with the skin part of the trio (not sure on the exceptions)

Speaking of stacking:
Druid Buff Group (Slot 4)
Blessing of the Heartwood Rk. II (Group) – DRU – 20 mana/tick
Empyrean Guardian (Self) – MAG – RK I is 18 mana/tick and RK II is 21 mana/tick
Armor of the Devout Rk. II (Self) – CLR – 15/tick

Basically from what I can tell only a mage and a Cleric would have a stacking issue at all. The mage Empyrean Guardian is better if RK II but the clerics is not if mana/tick is your goal. I know that Wizs and Necros do not have any stacking issues with druid skin and 20 mana/tick is nothing to sneeze at imo.
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pallies need galla, as we have stacking issues with skin line.

Armour of Unwavering Fraith II is 72 AC, 923 HP, and 10 mana per tick.
Shameeon
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It Is apparent that Having Hot-keys that have one line going to the AH heals channel and up to 6 more going in tells to each buffer can really amount to a large amount of time. The next problem that is encountered with this form is that with 6 tells going out and a /pause 10 between each it can take too long creating a bottleneck, Especially when Casting will interrupt your hot-key and your Hot-key wont work when casting.

Casting prevents the use of Hot-keys so in a moderate cast time like Unity You cant really use the hot key for quite a bit and its annoying as hell just like stuns annoy the hell out of you.

I know that spam is an Issue for healers and that too many Channels seem to be an issue for many others. So what I'm proposing is that Rather than setting the hot-key up with tells to each Buffer, We establish a new channel that was previously suggested.This Can and Should be a Sperate Small Window to the side with only AHrebuff in it.

1. AHrebuff Channel ( Have anyone who has CotW Join Since the refresh rates on calls are so long )

2. Have the Core Rebuff team Join

3. Have everyone set up Audio Triggers for the Word " Rezbuff " This Isnt something that will get used unless its by the Rebuff team Leader in the rebuff Channel to alert the need for a new Rebuff Target.

4. Team leader Sets up a Key that goes straight to the CoTW Assigned Person for a Call. Something like this

/t Shameeon Please call <<<T>>> And rebuff appropriate for Class
/pause 10
/6(or channel # for Rebuff ) Rezbuff Team !!! <<<T>>> Needs Rebuffs !!!

Note This will assign a specific person to a call without the need for Spamming and possible two people using their Call and wasting it.

The Rebuff leader then Selects his next target and Clicks Hot key number two which is set up and assigned to the next CoTW person sending them the one tell and the announcement in AHrebuff Chanel for Rebuffs.
Then he uses the next hot-key that is assigned to CoTW person number 3 etc etc until he exhaust all CoTW people available then he rotates back to number one in hopes that he has enough time elapsed that the Number one persons is Back up and ready.

By Keeping the phrase Short and sweet Will allow people to set up a Small window without much space allowing them to recognize new inc Rebuff Messages with audio triggers. Conserves CoTW to Assigned Persons preventing wasted Cast.

I really don't see a need to send each buffer a tell but Assigning a CoTW is a must. IF their timer hasn't re-popped yet the assignment is still in the appropriate order that theirs should be the next available Call to reset anyway.

Im going to try this on Wednesday and see if it works or not for us. Worse thing that can happen is its not any better /shrug.
laenyani
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:44 am    Post subject: Rebuff team Reply with quote

Give it a go Shame let us know how it works.
Shameeon
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Thanks Laenyani.
Was Just trying to incorporate alot of the suggeestions from above and me and sresa Have talked alot about it During the last few raids. Collective efforts might be the win here.
Ill Keep ya posted.
Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: