Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 226
Members: 0
Total: 226
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Rebuff Team
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rebuff Team
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shameeon
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We Trialed the AHrebuff Channel and Learned a Few More things along the way.

1. AHrebuff Channel used with All CoTW's Joining the channel whether on the rebuff team or not.

2. Have the Core Rebuff team Join the Channel as well.

3. Have everyone set up Audio Triggers for the Word " Rezbuff " This Isn't something that will get used unless its by the Rebuff team Leader in the rebuff Channel to alert the need for a new Rebuff Target.

4. Team leader Sets up a Key that goes straight to the CoTW Assigned Person for a Call. Something like this

/t Shameeon Please call <<<T>>> And rebuff appropriate for Class
/pause 10
/6(or channel # for Rebuff ) Rezbuff Team !!! <<<T>>> Needs Rebuffs !!!

Note This will assign a specific person to a call without the need for Spamming and possible two people using their Call and wasting it.

5. ( New Stuff ) Rebuff Team Leader sets Up another Tell Key to the Cleric Team Leader That is JUst For MT's ( Heavy Plate Tanks )
/t Prettything ( Or Cleric Lead ) 100% Rezz Needed On <<<T>>>
( Cleric Leader will then assign 100% ress to a cleric or reply all are down Just call him. IF that happens I assign a Call Person immediately to that tank.

Goods and Bads

GOOD

1. I use the Audio-triggers and It worked Great to letting me know the Hot key was successful but if I was on the team and used them It Would have helped Bring my attention to the need for Buffs on someone.

2. Single Tells with one hokey really makes it possible to heal your group better while preventing casting due to a Tell Hot key taking a bit to cycle through all the tells.

3. No spam in the Heal Channel leaving them to deal with their own issues.

4. All CoTW are Used rather than one or two and assigned they arent wasted.

BAD

1. Deaths Come too Fast on some events to have CoTW reset causing long wait times before calls.

2. Rebuffs On Brinda Needs to include Fire resist ASAP as part of the Call / Rebuffs.

3. Spam Does Hinder seeing the Rebuff Calls if Audio Triggers arent used Due to Peeps Replying that they have completed rebuffs

All in all THE channel and the Set up seemed to work very well. Which proved itself on Krond, But Demand exceeded Supply on Brinda event and wasn't so evident.

Recommendations

1. Buffers / Callers Keep Spam To a Minimum With Rebuff Replies SHORT and sweet.
REBUFFED <T> or CALLED <T>
that way IT will be easy to see the Rebuff Announcements. on the Fly.

2. Include Rebuff Strats for the Re-buffers for each event we Learned this one as we went.

Krond= ( We needed to place a Charm Dispeller at the Door to Remove charms on peeps. Yes It can be dispelled from outside of the group )

Brinda = ( Need to Include Fire Resist in all Immediate Rebuffs after calls. to Include a rapid Full heal upon landing to prevent re-deaths From AE's Upon Landing Also good to save Infusion for this if Possible and Use directly after first death)

3. Concentrate on Healing and Keeping groups alive First and then Rebuffs and Rezzes Second. Unless its a MT Down.

4. All CoTW classes Max Out = = Hastened Call of the Wild AA / Quickened Call of the Wild.

These are Just a few Of my evaluations Please feel free to add or comment. Many minds are More powerful than one. Smile
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. all clerics should know by now since it has been said over and over and over again. do NOT rez on raids unless dirrectly told to. you may be told by raid leader, heal leader, or rebuff leader, but please do NOT cast unless told to. the 10 sec you are spending to cast that heal 3 more people could die. and currently we have other people handling getting people standing as able.

2. we may want to consider on event with aoe like brenda only calling people once? unless they are mt. call them, buff them as you can, let them infusion and / or full mana/hp/endurance recovery and then if they still cant live dont recall since the aoe will just kill them anyway? maybe rez twice once for infusion once for recovery thingy. just something to think about so people arent just rezes to death.
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really great work on the rebuff channel! i was apprehensive about yet another channel, but i think it's benefits outweigh its drawbacks.

Alright here are a few thoughts on what happened and what you two both wrote:

1. Yes some events require extra buffs, Queen Mal and TL is another example. The rebuff leader should think about the event and bring in additional buffers to the list. Likewise some buffs may not be needed on some events. For example on brinda most of the damage is from the AE and not the trash, so ranger CoF would be a waste of time and reduce our dps.

2. Cleric rez AA is just 3 seconds (but with 10 sec recast) and can be cast while a regular spell recast timer is running. For example with scaredof I would heal, then get recast timer, quickly target a melee class (doesn't need the mana of a call, and endurance isn't *vital*), click the AA rez, heal again etc. I agree though that clicking the 1.0 on that event is a bad idea and would cost more lives.

3. Kelv mentioned somewhere about having each group's healer in charge of their rez/call, and only have the rebuff team call the healer if they die. That way the healers are brought back to life fast, which gives their group a greater chance of survival, and its easier to locate and call/rez your own group too. Generally i have druids/shammies with pure caster/melee dps groups, and save the clerics for the tanks. This would mean the melee/casters coming back with some mana, and the tanks coming back without mana/end. I think that is a good balance and worth trying, especially for complex fights like deepscar or brinda where simplicity is a big factor in success.

4. 100% rezzing. Ideally all clerics with 100% rez up will announce it before tough events, and we'll relay that information to the rebuff team so they know not to call MT or clerics until those 100% rezzes are all used up. Currently they're not being organized and by the time a cleric is 100% rezzing a corpse it's already been called and the full hp/mana/end is wasted. As a rule of thumb, only call a cleric/MT if it's an emergency, or if all 100% rezzes are gone, or if the corpse has been laying there for 30 secs+.

5. I agree with all the other comments and conclusions. The rebuff team rocked on Krond especially and when I saw elg back tanking he was completely fully buffed, which was great to see.
Shameeon
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
3. Kelv mentioned somewhere about having each group's healer in charge of their rez/call, and only have the rebuff team call the healer if they die. That way the healers are brought back to life fast, which gives their group a greater chance of survival, and its easier to locate and call/rez your own group too. Generally i have druids/shammies with pure caster/melee dps groups, and save the clerics for the tanks. This would mean the melee/casters coming back with some mana, and the tanks coming back without mana/end. I think that is a good balance and worth trying, especially for complex fights like deepscar or brinda where simplicity is a big factor in success.

Excellent Point and May definately be the Best Bang For the Buck on this event. Our Main Foucs is on Duration with this fight its not about the DPS as much as the Endurance. IF we concentrate our efforts where it counts we may get that additional mile out of it that we needed Last night to win it.

On a Final Note here though guys We will need to decide if this is going to be the consistent and what we want. I know I wont be available every raid night but is this something we want incorporated routinely?

Sresa What do you think?

Maybe we can even come up with a Library post for Rebuff Strats for each event to include a Rebuff team List with Special Needs Quirks for each event. Ill Look back over the list and see what I can Put together as a Quick reference for any who may be Running the rebuff teams Might even be easier to include that into regular strats as we post them since everyone is or should already be reading those regularly as well.
Prettything
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

another quick note. please check the buff window on people before you cast buffs (if you have time and your group has inspect buffs) if you are only looking for your class buffs or one or two others that may contradict it should be easy and fast. most of us know what the icons look like. most times someone will rebuff mt quickly if they are in group since they see them rezed. you should still check to make sure and not assume but dont waste time and mana overwriting if you dont have to. also with di (i know seperate issue) watch the heal channel i know i have announced that i was casting only to have someone else overwrite a min or two later. di is very easy to recognise so just take a quick look bofore casting if you can to stop waste of mana and recast timers. thank you
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the rebuff channel was successful enough to be a permanent fixture. The idea about having people call/rez their own groups is experimental still though, and we haven't tried it out yet.

Also I noticed yesterday that you can no longer speak in channels when dead. You used to be able to do:
;1 I'm dead (healer of G4)

You can still talk in Rsay when dead though. If they don't unnerf the ability to type in channels when dead, we might have to get the healers to announce it in rsay, or rely on their groups to announce it or send the rebuff leader a tell. Not sure, but complicates things.
Kreavan
Class Leader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To keep the /rsay channel clear, why not just have the SL's announce in ahheal when a group member dies since the dead can't speak in channels anymore.

Shameeon
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Im Rebuff Leader and even when Im not I always have the raid window open anyway so I can easily tell who has fallen from what groups.

Yellow = Deaded
Ybolla
Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so many windows, so many channels...
laenyani
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:22 pm    Post subject: Rebuff Team Reply with quote

Yes I agree the channel seems to be working out well. Just wanted to jot down a few reminders since I wont be here to help organize for the next 3 weeks.

Fayina has agreed to organize the rebuff channel. This means she will pick someone to lead it and ensure it is set up and running correctly. She will also announce who the rebuff leader will be to the raid to inform the raid who to send a tell to if they die.

Sresa and Shameeon have taken alot of ownership over the channel and it is greatly appreciated. My concern is sometime one or neither are on. We desperately need at least 1 or 2 other ppl to just do it. It does seem to be a good benifit to the raids. I know i do not wait near as long for a rez and buffs now. I know alot of the tanks have expressed the same thing. That being said I honestly think the quick reactivness of the rebuffers can be credited for some of our wins.

I have faith you guys will work it and and keep it going, possibly improve it even more.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shameeon wrote:
When Im Rebuff Leader and even when Im not I always have the raid window open anyway so I can easily tell who has fallen from what groups.

Yellow = Deaded

Yellow is when they're out of zone, which can be true of the dead but only if they're back in the lobby.

Group messages isn't a bad idea, though I don't like having every SL in the heal channel when we're trying to cut down on the complexity. Since each group should have a healer, we could make it the healers responsibility. I'm in favor of the healer rezzing their fallen group members themselves though. It's quick, and also tends to be the right kind of heals as druids/shammies will be with the dps/caster, so the calls bring them back with mana/endurance, and the MT group has two clerics and two 100% rezzes (though will need druids for subsequent calls).
Wrynar
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Druids? Reply with quote

So sounds like Heartwood is questionable when rebuffing. Outside of that, DS, FoE (if outside), Protection of Seasons are the only things I can think of. Is there some other buff I'm forgetting? Maybe some of the resists if they apply?
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heartwood to the casters (excluding mage and cleric), FoE if necessary, seasons if necessary, DS almost never worth doing in the rebuff team, and I've gone blank if druids get a corruption resist buff but if they do then that would be another which could be useful depending on the event.
Wrynar
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
I've gone blank if druids get a corruption resist buff but if they do then that would be another which could be useful depending on the event.

Druids get corruption resist. I often forget to do that.
Shameeon
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wwein wrote:
Shameeon wrote:

Yellow = Deaded

Yellow is when they're out of zone, which can be true of the dead but only if they're back in the lobby.

Actually Wwein the Raid window Updates color immediately upon going into Hoover Mode. Ive tested this in Small Raids with boxes just to verify it so they aren't down more than a second until they are yellow in the raid window.

This is why I keep the raid window open so I can constantly monitor the fallen. The biggest problem with Raid calling is when we have 10 peeps die at once due to an AE or a AE ramp etc Then it become a definite overrun issue and requires some catch up.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh fair enough, I stand corrected. That's very useful then, I'll use it more often for that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: