Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 289
Members: 0
Total: 289
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - Demi?
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Demi?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Demi? Reply with quote

How many folks would be interested in hitting demi/dpob for pages?

For those that don't know, it's to upgrade your 2.0.
Famka
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More fun? Yes please Laughing
Kreavan
Class Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aren't those pages like stupid rare?

Kelv
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure!
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having way too much experience with that zone, I'd have to vote no. Unless you plan to do an all day Sunday raid, I just don't see it working out.

The zone is far too time-consuming. You have to beat phase 2 events to even have a shot at pages. It would take up 2 days a week of raid time to clear. Events like ZiT can eat up time due to random spawn. And Sisters takes time no matter what level you are.

There is simply not going to be enough time to clear a zone that drops 1 or 2 pages a week and every other piece of loot rots.
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you serious? this is by far the WORST raid zone in game (MMM was until they linked trash to events)

I agree with Zac and vote NO.
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a little extra time on my hands, I'd be more than glad to play again in these Dreadspire Keep / Demi-Plane of Blood / Theatre of Blood / Deathknell, Tower of Dissonance zones.

AfterHours has grown and improved so much from the last time events like these were attempted. I'm sure by now, we could easily tear through these raids.

I like these places, because they encourage players to hone their teamwork skills. And honestly, it's just fun for me Very Happy; it's not about the loot .... though I wouldn't take offense to a new illusion clicky. Hahaha

Additionally, because some players are concerned about the excessive time consumed on clearing trash mobs, I was thinking... ( for the MMM raids, as an example ) give me a solid group and we'll clear trash prior to official raid times ( just for the fun of it ). Ideally, this may help to alleviate time constraints and allow AH to hit more targets per night.
Bards are social creatures. We love groups. We love raids. Go figure?!? Laughing

Last edited by Vahlaura on Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now, I just don't see the benefit of upgrading our 2.0's when everyone has pretty much stopped using the 2.0 weapons in favor of the weapons coming out of SoD and what not. While I hate leaving that expansion unfinished, I just dont see the benefit anymore. That said, I am always willing to help on whatever AH is doing as long as my @#$@ job doesn't rear its ugly head and force me to work.
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I'm not mistaken, Necromancers are the only class that is still "forced" to utilize their epic 2.0 weapon Deathwhisper; and as such, they would greatly improve their death dealing damage with a 2.5 upgrade to Deathwhisper Shard of the Ancients. Let us not forget, their strength is our asset in sustained DPS.

On a more personal note, ( I wish the Devs would release evolving epic 3.0's ) it's actually very very sad to see so many players discarding their epics in lieu of the new and flashy... If I was given the opportunity, I'd never relinquish my Aegis of Superior Divinity. ...with it, I'd be the proudest Bard of all the servers.

By the way, I speak out of experience and follow what I preach .... I still happily wield my epic 2.0 Blade of Vesagran in all my combats.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vahlaura wrote:
it's actually very very sad to see so many players discarding their epics in lieu of the new and flashy...

I don't know if it's viable to do Demi nowadays or not, the consensus seems to be not, but I do agree with Vahlaura on the point here. With the 2.5, the BiC Aug, and a really good Raid Aug the Epic's life can be extended for some time. I am not looking forward to relinquishing mine.
Class Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imagine if they would allow us to use our epic as a container, similar to the new weapon ornamentations, to meld an improved weapons stats into the epic!! I would love to keep my 2.0 look and not have to keep an inventory slot open for epic clicks every 3 mins =)
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Necro bagged his 2.0 to an inventory slot in favor of an SoD weapon. With Critical Affliction, Destructive Cascade, and Desructive Fury all maxed, and having the 1st and 3rd Spires available, the epic just can't complete with the heroic stats and hp/mana values of the SoD era alternatives. With the 2.0 hot keyed to the inventory slot, it makes the Guardian of Blood available too. Bottom line for me is that the epic clickies are good, but the epic weapons are not good enough to warrant use in combat.
Sonile
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IF ANYONE WEARS CULTURED ARMOR, THAT IS A GOOD PLACE TO GET LAST BLOOD, OBELENE AND SONILE WILL BE INTERESTED IN DEMI PLANES.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd vote no too. Even on an off night it's a waste of time imo! But for fun it would rank high to me as it's an endzone many of us didn't get to see very much of. 90% of loot would rot though, and 2.5s are only beneficial to very few classes.
Vahlaura
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many who know me are full aware of my casual, "easy-to-get-along-with", & helpfull personality... ( I'm a Bard, hehe. I'm everyone's friend; even with mob factions that are out to kill me. :p )

...and that I disdain having to, Flame On:

I've offered several suggestions for fun in the past... I find it most disturbing and unfortunate that so many would see these endeavors as an absolute "pure waste of time". ( I get the very distinct feeling that the "What loot can I ninja from other players" is more prevalent and preferred method; as opposed to the "What fun can we all share" type of attitude. )

I enjoy many raid events. I try to attend as many as I can. You can usually find me out and about wandering, trying to lend a helping hand to fellow players. I like seeing players with the All-Spark of Life in their eyes. Raiding gives me challenge, contentment, and a sense of fantasy achievment. Personally, I see Ashengate / Frostcrypt / Dreadspire Keep / Demi-Plane of Blood / Theatre of Blood / Deathknell, Tower of Dissonance ( just to name a few raids ) are no different from any other raid event ( starting from Planes of Power all the way up to and through Underfoot ). They all have trash to clear, they all take up various amounts of time, and more importantly they all offer a chance at having FUN !!!

If I were to fully embrace and embody the current residing sentiment upon which you are exhibiting... I would irrevocably be forced to just say "NO" to ever raiding with you again. Afterall, by your very own definition... Why should I try to raid CoA? Why should I try to raid BMK? Why should I try to raid MMM? Why should I try to raid Crystallos? Why should I try to raid Giants^3? Why should I ( or any of us, for that matter ) try to raid Old Blackburrow / Temple of Bertoxxulous / Bloody Kithicor / Field of Scale / Kurn's Stronghold / Kaesora Library / Toskirakk / Korascian Warrens / Rathe Council Chambers / Korafax, Home of the Riders / Citadel of the Worldslayer? ...If all that I blindly see, is that I am being forced-marched and having to wade through the sewer-filled amount of fecal trash mobs .... heaven forbid, spend any time with my friends and peers ( because I'd rather be solo'ing, molo'ing, or 18-boxing my raid fire lance ) .... and suffer the huge noxious methane-emitting tons of rotting loot ( [ /em: Doubles-over in imaginary pain ] Ouch, my e-peen is hurting because none of the damned loot is an upgrade for me !?!?! WTF, how sad is that?!? ) .

Would you really be happier if everyone felt the same was as you do?

Would you enjoy your life better, if people stopped running raids?

I see AfterHours as a place where we all come together to have fun; and I would hope ( albeit: altruistically ) that players could leave thier "loot-whoring" with their respective guilds. Let's try not to sully AH, shall we?

Squad Leader
Squad Leader

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:21 pm    Post subject: Demi Reply with quote

I would come along elric, i need the 2.5
Darby
DarbyQ
DarbyQ

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2.0 is rusted into my hands...
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vahlaura wrote:
    I see AfterHours as a place where we all come together to have fun; and I would hope ( albeit: altruistically ) that players could leave thier "loot-whoring" with their respective guilds. Let's try not to sully AH, shall we?

You make some very good points and I basically agree. My very funnest time in AH was the night Shieria had us do a scavenger hunt, quiz and arena battle. Back then AH couldn't offer much loot, but could offer family and fun. Nowadays we are in the position to offer loot, and we've shifted much more strongly to that objective. There's now a majority in AH that depends on us for their loot as it offers far Better than what their guild provides. Those people would be very upset if we hit targets that would reduce their loot prospects. The main duty of AH officers is to make as many people happy as possible, regardless of our private opinions. Honestly if it was down to me I'd have us doing TSS still as they are fun and easy (and waaaaaaaaaay less stressful to lead), but I'd be upsetting most of AH.

If someone is willing to lead it, then Kindaaniel's idea of a Monday night raid but themed on *fun* would awesome! Like I've said a lot before, I really want to finish AG, demi, and solt *one day*, and replicating the arena battles again would be hellafun. Since attendance there would be centered around fun, it wouldn't have to be an official night either, and loot wouldn't be an issue.
Vahlaura
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lend me your ear,

Wwein wrote:
...the night Shiera had us do a scavenger hunt, quiz and arena battle. Back then AH couldn't offer much loot, but (sure) could offer family and fun.

LoL, that night was forever embedded in my mind, as well. I totally agree, it was an awesome blast! The scavenger hunt was brilliant; and certainly spun my mind. The "test your knowledge" fabulously stumped me way too many times - Hahaha. The arena battle was spectacularly glorious! Kudos to Eirrica ( for being crowned, Queen of the Battlefield ) & to all the participants ( for helping to make that night one of the most memorable nights in all of EQ ) Very Happy

Wwein wrote:
If someone is willing to lead it, then Kindaaniel's idea of a Monday night raid but themed on *fun* would [be] awesome!

I second this motion to carry... Laughing

Monday Night RAWR, hmm why does this sound so familiar?!? <snickers>

I also want to give a "shout out" to all the participants who joined me this past Monday afternoon to share in the fun. Woot & congratulations !! Imagine my surprise .... originally, I had intended to only take out one group for the Rallos Returns hard. Hehe. We measured and weighed (the Zeks) .... and we found them to be lacking !

(On a side note, I expect as more and more players become familiar with these scenarios (and how to safely get to them :p) & upgrade their ranged DPS (because it is unfair to burden the rangers so heavily) that many fights like these will take up less time. Ideally, if we can shorten the amount of time it takes to complete .... then we can proceed and hit up more targets per session.)

Wwein wrote:
Like I've said a lot before, I really want to .... [replicate] the arena battles again would be hellafun.

Again, I second this motion to carry... Laughing

Especially with all the heated debates going on in various threads, I think this would be an ideal way to vent off the excessive bile build-up and help strengthen our bonds of friendship. Hehe

Plus, if you're anything like me .... there are scores to settle from our previous Battle Royale. Hahaha

Vahl - "The Full Metal Lyricist"
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love raids of any sort if there is fun involved.

I still use my 2.0, the 2 slots are nice and AC is still good.

Awesome raid Monday on the Zeks!! I am ordering new dice though!!

If you need me to help you clear anything up front with you just shoot me a tell Vahl.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: