Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 365
Members: 0
Total: 365
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - ----* Classic Missions Guide *----
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

----* Classic Missions Guide *----

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rwekk
Class Leader

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: ----* Classic Missions Guide *---- Reply with quote

Old Man Mckenzie in Plane of Knowledge is waiting for you.
He rests in the Eastern Trader building. loc +68 +262

The old man has 3 group missions - solb, live guk, dead guk.
He offers two raids, vox and naggy.

*Group info*

Create a group of 2+ players. Tell him groups, then pick your class. You can have 1 of each of the 10 classes listed. Tell him story to zone in.

You get a list of about 8 to 12 names for your zone. Beat these names and the final mob kill opens the last step of opening the chest. Inside the chest will be a 500hp level 85 required Loot.

This item is the main reward - For each person completing the quest they get 1 beer (currency) 2k plat and 2 full AA (non adjusted AA - my 300 aa shaman get 7aa+ per quest)

Now, this somewhat crappy piece of 500hp loot is worth 5 beers if you sell it back to the quest npc. /random it and then you can die or quit mission.

Back at the old man, right click him to see the new gear you have just unlocked by winning the event. Sell him the chest drop.

Also, after the event to claim your reward hit EQ button/quest/rewards.

http://www.eqoutrider.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4882

That link shows most of the known rewards.

Beat all 3 to unlock all the group content.

You can earn 3 beers every 16 hours (the lock out time) by completing the events, but as much as 22 if you win all the chest loots.

3 for complete/ 2x 5 chest drops / 1 X 10point FBSS chest drop

So at 18 to 22 points per day Thats only about 3 days to win some nice raid loot.

*Raid INFO*

Ok, so now you have all these points but the old man only wants to sell you junk. Slay a dragon to unlock the good stuff.

I am not sure if you can request the raid w/ as little as 2 people or not.

But its being rumored people are winning naggy w/ 6 and vox w/ 4.

Mind you i know of 25+ person vox raid that failed like 4 times.

You can't simply blow thru and pull 10 giants at once etc.

Clear all the giants and icy terrors on your raid. If you skip some, they are going to show up during the event. Slay the dragon and open the chest.

You have 8 or 9 minutes to do loot once the chest is open! So be ready.

Inside will be 2 drops w/ about 950 hps. These sell back to the old man for 15 points each. Although most people are going to want to keep the drops.

4 day lock out Dragons. 3 of each class available.

On the vox raid when you zone in, be rdy for a giant to be beating on your head.

You need to beat each dragon to unlock its look - so only naggy stuff shows until you beat vox. You have to beat naggy first to request vox raid, but you can join a vox raid as non leader.
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to try some of these. Smile
Kreavan
Class Leader

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should do the raids for some nice nostalgia and the 950hp loots Smile

Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm, wondering if I can three box the group content?
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acoma wrote:

Likely with the right classes ...
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:18 am    Post subject: Re: ----* Classic Missions Guide *---- Reply with quote

Rwekk wrote:

But its being rumored people are winning naggy w/ 6 and vox w/ 4.

Can be done especially with Vox.
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasseo75 wrote:
Acoma wrote:

Pally, shaman, ranger

I am guessing that even though this is a monster mission you dont get to pick a new class/race like in some. I am guessing you go in as the class you are really just lower lvl, right?
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acoma wrote:
Hasseo75 wrote:
Acoma wrote:

Pally, shaman, ranger

I am guessing that even though this is a monster mission you dont get to pick a new class/race like in some. I am guessing you go in as the class you are really just lower lvl, right?

Incorrect, is just like a MM. You need to choose a class to go.
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hasseo75 wrote:
Acoma wrote:
Hasseo75 wrote:
Acoma wrote:

Pally, shaman, ranger

Incorrect, is just like a MM. You need to choose a class to go.

SWEET, gona be a war, cler and mage then for me and I should be able to do the group ones just fine with that. Thanks hasseo, gonna give it a shot this evening and see how it goes.
Hasseo75
Officer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI
Quote:

AbsorEQ wrote:

I mentioned this in another thread, but this seems to be the most active one on the topic.

We're going to take a look at this gear. I can't say what, if any, changes will be made, but we will most definitely be looking into this. As soon as we have an answer, we'll let you know.

Sorry for the hoopla.

A

Class Leader

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, oh...smell a nerf incoming!

Rwekk
Class Leader

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was boxing all 3 group missions (enough to win 50+ points) w/ 2 accounts.

I used mage/cleric combo.

Undead guk, easy

Live guk, A challenge at king but a good strat w/ pacify will get the king or tact solo.
( i would enter room w/ invis (tact see invis) - if you enter the room and hug right (under the tact) he doesn't have line of sight on you. Go behind king, and pacify shaman and tact. Get close to king w/ out agro and have your mage (back at the other side of room invis your cleric) run back across on the tact side. quickly pacify boks and pull king. Repeat in similar manner for tactician.

I found trying to pull to the portal out often agroed king or boks and then i'd wipe. You also get one random spawn mob that paths into that room, clear him before you start your pulls.

solb, pretty easy up until lord. It's probably best to clear your way in, so you can reduce the chance of having more then 2 mobs max at lord.

If you got 3 accounts, use them and i'm sure its pretty easy to do all 3.
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I won't spend any time on these, till I see how bard the nerf bat is gonna swing.

It's Absor (smash), so I expect it's gonna hit hard.

just my 2 cp.
Aleax
Officer & Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have yet to have the time to even try one of these much less win one...
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Update 10-01-2009 Reply with quote

Recently released Patch onto Test Sever...
Sklug wrote:
*** Highlights ***

Many of Old Man McKenzie's items have faded from memory. If you have one of these faded items, give them to the Old Man in Plane of Knowledge and he will return your Brews.
    Most items from Old Man McKenzie's group missions have been upgraded in power. They have also had their required levels reduced to 80. These items do not need to be turned in to see the changes.
    New Hot Zones are now available. Speak to Franklin Teek in the Plane of Knowledge to see what new tasks he has in store for you.

*** Items ***

Many of Old Man McKenzie's items have faded from memory. If you have one of these faded items, give them to the Old Man in Plane of Knowledge and he will return your Brews and an additional reward.
    Most items from Old Man McKenzie's group missions have been upgraded in power. They have also had their required levels reduced to 80. These items do not need to be turned in to see the changes.

The new Orb of Tishan's click effect has been repaired.
    The Frost-Strung Bow now offers a bit more protection.
    Replaced the missing AC from the new Thick Banded Belt.
    Tobrin's Mystical Eyepatch can not be activated as often.
    The new Staff of Forbidden Rites has had its recast time raised.
    The Barbarian Hunting Spear, Staff of Forbidden Rites, Warhammer of Divine Grace, and Staff of Ankexfen have had their ratios increased to match other weapons in their tier.

The familiar summoned by the new Scimitar of the Mistwalker has become faster but weaker. The scimitar itself has become slightly less powerful.

The Improved Dodge effect on the Idol of Many Hands, the Silvery Trinket, and the Frost-Strung Bow has been reduced to level VI to match the focus on other items in its tier.

*** Quests & Events ***

Classic Missions have undergone a careful bug fixing pass resulting in the following changes:
    Harm Touch has been changed to remove an exploit allowing the use of unintended higher level versions of the ability. In addition, the ability will no longer refresh upon the death of the Shadow Knight. This affects the Classic Mission ability as well as the normal version of the ability.
    Paladins should now be able to create a Lay On Hands hotkey.
    Shaman have been granted the haste spell Alacrity.
    Lady Vox will now leash to her spawn point should she find herself outside of her room. This has been changed to provide an encounter more in the spirit of the event.
    The classic raids will once again drop items instead of brews.
    Old Man McKenzie no longer remembers encountering the Corrupted Gnome Explorer in Guk.
    Old Man McKenzie's group tasks now require a minimum of three adventurers to obtain and all three must be present to open the chests. The raid events will still require 12.
    Sulgar now promises the correct reward for Tarton's Wheel.
    Fixed some spelling errors in Blackfeather Roost tasks.
    The Dark Tower: Fallen Guard task now specifies the correct zone in its description.

*** NPC ***

Modified the placement of some Rallosian Shocktroopers in Korascian Warrens.
    Increased the chance for Library Director Eslisar to spawn in the Keasora Library.
    Fixed a placement problem with an Elder Air Wyvern in Crystallos.

*** AA ***

Glyph of Angry Thoughts should now always give you the full hate bonus as described.
    Harm Touch 1 - 10 will no longer refresh upon the death of the Shadow Knight. This is to make the ability consistent throughout the entire level range.

*** Zones ***

The following zones are now Hot Zones providing new challenges and increased experience. Speak to Franklin Teek in the Plane of Knowledge to see what new tasks he has in store for you.

Level 20 - South Karana
    Level 25 - Lake of Ill Omen
    Level 30 - The Twilight Sea
    Level 35 - Kedge Keep
    Level 40 - City of Mist
    Level 45 - Howling Stones
    Level 50 - Veksar
    Level 55 - Grieg's End
    Level 60 - Plane of Nightmares
    Level 65 - Kod'Taz, Broken Trial Grounds
    Level 70 - The Buried Sea
    Level 75 - Thalassius, the Coral Keep
    Level 75 - Ashengate, Reliquary of the Scale
    Apparently while performing some end-of-the-summer cleaning, the doors within Howling Stones were left unlocked. It may be some time before a maintenance crew can be sent there again to lock the doors up tight. Use this knowledge as you will.
    In addition, the spells protecting the entrance to Howling Stones have weakened, and adventurers of lesser skill and strength may find its halls now accessible.

*** Miscellaneous ***

If you obtain any McKenzie's Special Brew while you are in a classic mission, be sure to use the Reclaim button on the currency tab of your inventory before leaving the zone!

*** Previously Updated ***

Both the classic raid tasks and the zones they take place in have been set to their intended maximum of 42 players.
    Removed the ability for mercenaries to accompany you on Ancient Heroes missions. It seems that they don't much like being taken to a time when adventurers didn't carry coin around.
    The chests in the "classic" missions offered by Old Man McKenzie will now hang around a while longer once opened.

Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm, Veksar a new hotzone.

Think I need to roll a new paladin Laughing
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least maybe they have learned to test their ideas first before just throwing them out there, maybe.

So if SK harmtouch now longer refreshes on death does this efffect our normal SK? Not to familiar with the class yet, Swampina has only reached her 36th lvl of shadowknightness.

I am glad to see that the Required lvl of the group stuff has droped and been upgraded some. Glad I have been tri boxing them for the great exp and now we just need to find out what is needed in order to get the raids. I did not see any new requirments for requesting/participating in the Classis raids like they mentioned. Have enough brews to buy acoma the red chest armor and the mithril legs so heres hoping the new requirment will not be completion of all cystalos raids.

Who picks these damn HOTzones, pfft, I guess I always wanted to visit a coral keep but we will see.
Wwein
Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Level 70 - The Buried Sea

Rangers rejoice, IIRC some of the pirates of jardels hook, the sirens, and those cannibals on the north island are all headshottable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: