Create an account

.: Home :.  |  .: Topics :.  |  .: Forums :.  |  .: Your Account :.  |  .: Submit News :.  |  .: DKP :.
Search

Login

Nickname

Password

Don't have an account yet? You can create one. As a registered user you have some advantages like theme manager, comments configuration and post comments with your name.

Everquest

· Home
· AH_chatroom
· Apply Here!
· Calendar
· DKP
· FAQ
· Forums
· Point System
· Private Messages
· Raid-o-matic
· Rules, Loot & AH
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Top 10
· Topics
· Web Links
· Your Account

Who's Online

Welcome, Anonymous
Nickname
Password
(Register)
Membership:
Latest: Brinie
New Today: 0
New Yesterday: 0
Overall: 804

People Online:
Visitors: 51
Members: 0
Total: 51
After Hours Raiding: Forums

:: View topic - SoF runes
 Forum Index

Forum FAQForum FAQ SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SoF runes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:16 am    Post subject: SoF runes Reply with quote

Folks, I'm curious.

What classes other than Enchanter (haste) and Monk (def disc) will actually USE a SoF rune on a raid?

I'm not asking about grouping, and I could give a sh** about filling your spellbook.

I mean what other classes can actually USE these to help AH beat events?

Be specific and spell out what it does, remember, almost all classes/spells got SoD upgrades.

ATM it seems foolish from a RL point of view to let classes get SoF runes that they'll never use on a raid with AH, if other classes will use those runes on an AH raid.

Please enlighten me if I"m wrong. I'm not trying to penalize any class, but rather maximize our survivability on raids.

Elric
Sendalor
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/search.html?q=crystalpalm

Thats the Monks from Glowing Prismatic Rune. According to alla its the first turn in for Rk3 and our BEST offensive disc. Rk2 is a rare drop and still dont have im just using the Rk1.

Now we just need other classes to list any good one they get that they would use

Kelv
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two spells I would use, one however is an upgrade only until the Rk.III is recieved in SoD the other is long term. Wizards use different weaves to try to maximise DPS and not all Wizards may agree on EI being an essential upgrade but it is a standard strategy for many using the FB/EC/EI burn weave.

---------------

Five Glowing Prismatic Rune needed for (Long Term Upgrade)
- Ethereal Incineration Rk. III
- http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=15383
- This is part of my standard Burn Spell Weave. The upgrade to Rk.III will hit for about 1K more base with focus.

--------------

Two Whirring Clockwork Runes needed for (Short Term Upgrade)
- Tranquil Harvest Rk. III
- http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=15407
- This is better than Serene Harvest Rk. II which I currently use but would be replaced at the point two Whirring Archaen Rune are earned for Serene Harvest Rk. III
- I have won one Whirring Archaen Rune
- This is the line of spells that allow Wizards to harvest mana.
After Hours Member
After Hours Member

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont roll on SoF runes.Mainly cuz as a wiz I only use 81st + lvl nukes so they can all proc GOERM
Zacatac
Officer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As mentioned in the other thead, mages do have some rank 3 SoF that would technically be considered upgrades.

However, none of them are critical really (I haven't been rolling on runes) but they are the best ones of their type and I would use them.

Humming Finsternacht Rune (None)

Whirring Clockwork Rune - 1. Spell: Wand of Prime Transvergence Rk. III, 2. Spell: Rain of Molten Dross Rk. III, 3. Spell: Eidolic Guardian Rk. III, 4. Spell: Shock of Cineral Steel Rk. III, 5. Spell: Beam of Molten Dross Rk. III, 6. Spell: Aspect of Zomm Rk. III, 7. Spell: Annihilate the Aberrant Rk. III, 8. Spell: Searing Skin Rk. III, 9. Spell: Grounded Stance Rk. III, 10. Spell: Scorching Sands Rk. III, 11. Spell: Revival of Aenro Rk. III

Glowing Prismatic Rune - 1. Spell: Summon Gelid Paradox Rk. III, 2. Spell: Circle of Lavaskin Rk. III, 3. Spell: Torrent of Thunderbolts Rk. III, 4. Spell: Iceflame Tenement Rk. III, 5. Spell: Aegis of Kildrukaun Rk. III, 6. Spell: Prime Symbiosis Rk. III, 7. Spell: Hungry Flames Rk. III

Earthen Stance (L 83 mage)
Rank 1= Mitigate Melee Damage by 33%, 3025 total
Rank 2 = Mitigate Melee Damage by 33%, 8450 total
Rank 3= Mitigate Melee Damage by 33%, 14700 total

Grounded Stance Rk. III ( L 78 mage)
Mitigate Melee Damage by 33%, 10500 total

Because of the way this 1 spell line was designed, the SoF rank 3 is actually better than ranks 1 and 2 of SoD. However, this spell is not one I would use on raids.

The other spells on the list I still use would be -

Aspect of Zomm Rk. III (no upgrade in SoD) -- used everytime we do MMM to open doors.

Annihilate the Aberrant Rk. III (I use both SoD and SoF versions together when possible) -- used anytime we do construct or summoned mob types.

Aegis of Kildrukaun Rk. III (no upgrade in SoD) -- A minor upgrade, but it's a spell I use everyday, every raid, etc.
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Rangers and SoF runes go and being lvl 85 none would be an up grade to the raid.
But a lvl 80 - 81 Ranger would benefit from:

Humming Finsternacht Rune - Nothing really of use for the raid here even at lvl 80 seeing as it is group utility or self only.

Whirring Clockwork Rune - These will give attack, AC, HP and DMG shields to the group.

Strength of the Gladewalker Rk. III seeing that the next upgrade will be at lvl 82 where Strength of the Tracker is just barley better then the SoF one. (First Turn in for Whirling Clockwork Rune)
Cloak of Scales Rk. III is the exact same as the LvL 82 upgrade Cloak of Feathers. (Third Turn in for Whirling Clockwork Rune)
Gnarl of the Predator Rk. III would be an upgrade until the new spell at lvl 83 Yowl of the Predator which is just barley better. (Sixth Turn in for Whirling Clockwork Rune)

Glowing Prismatic Rune - Nothing really of use for the raid here even at lvl 80 seeing that most are self only.

As far as Shamans and SoF runes go and being lvl 85 none would be an up grade to the raid.
But a lvl 80 - 81 Shaman would benefit from:

Humming Finsternacht Rune - The only ones that would benfit a raid are the following but the first one will be trumped by mages and then the next one is the VERY LAST RUNE in this series.

Malosinatia Rk. III will be an upgrade till lvl 82 version Malosenea, but mages usually cast their version of this more than shamans I think. (First Humming Finstenacht rune turn in this Series)
Talisman of Vehemence Rk. III is an upgrade till we get Unity of the Spirits at lvl 81. (Sixth and Final Humming Finstenacht rune turn in this Series)

Whirring Clockwork Rune - Almost all of these could be considered a good thing for a raiding shaman to have but only one is really needed.

Gemmi's Mending Rk. III is our best heal up until we get the upgrade at lvl 83 Dannal's Mending Rk. II and I list the RK II version because the first version is almost the same as the Rk III SoF one. (Third Turn in for Whirling Clockwork Rune)

Glowing Prismatic Rune - most of these could be considered usefull to a raiding shaman but only one is really need, of course you have to get almost all of them to get this one.

Shade of Renewal Rk. III is our best Group H.O.T. until the lvl 83 upgrade Halcyon Whisper. (Eigth Turn in for Glowing Prismatic Rune.)
elric
Trojan Man (and officer)

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, my thinking, since no level cap increase incoming, is now that we would defer to lv 85 toons the SoF runes that WOULD be used on raids.

Thoughts? (I'm trying to maximize raid potential)

Elric, the lucky pally wearing the Ruby Slippers (tm).
Acoma
Raid Leader
Raid Leader

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elric wrote:
Hmmm, my thinking, since no level cap increase incoming, is now that we would defer to lv 85 toons the SoF runes that WOULD be used on raids.

Thoughts? (I'm trying to maximize raid potential)

Elric, the lucky pally wearing the Ruby Slippers (tm).

I am all for it.

That might even make some members/apps drive towards lvl 85 instead of stagnating in the mid 80s to gain more AAs.

I deffinatly think the Monk, Mag and Wizz so far make a good point to their needs for upgrades. I am all for what ever helps us win more and faster.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> General Board All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: